Windows 10: onedrive downloads pictures in "pictures" folder as single pictures-will not put them in...

Discus and support onedrive downloads pictures in "pictures" folder as single pictures-will not put them in... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been trying to get help with this problem for 3 weeks now. All of a sudden, when I use my sd card to download pictures, onedrive puts them in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RebeccaHarkins, Jan 3, 2021.

1. onedrive downloads pictures in "pictures" folder as single pictures-will not put them in...

I have been trying to get help with this problem for 3 weeks now. All of a sudden, when I use my sd card to download pictures, onedrive puts them in onedrive as usual but when it puts them in "pictures" it lists them as separate pictures. It will not put them in a folder like it use to. It will not let me put them in a folder either. I have to rename each picture separately!!! This is very frustrating as I list on ebay and I take at least 12 pictures of each item.

I have chatted with techs from both Windows and Onedrive for a total of 8 hours. Windows has told me it is a onedrive problem and onedrive has told me it is a windows problem. It is like no one wants to take responsibility. No one has helped me. I can't be the only person that has this problem now. How do I get it to go back to the way it worked before the problem started? Any help out there?

:)

RebeccaHarkins, Jan 3, 2021
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Jan 3, 2021
  3. wallace99 Win User
    Problem with location of Pictures library after making pictures available on OneDrive

Thanks Rhina

I did what you suggested but it ended up making OneDrive the Pictures library. This may have something to do with the way i originally moved the Pictures folders to OneDrive. I probably should explain:

Because there already was a (fairly empty) Pictures folder under OneDrive (automatically set up I think when transferring a few Ipad photos to PC via OneDrive) I had moved the top level Pictures folders into D/users/myname/OneDrive rather than moving
    the Pictures folder itself. This was probably a bit stupid but I subsequently moved the top level Pictures folders into that pre-existing Pictures folder on OneDrive and that's how we got to where we are today.

To continue after that diversion. Following the restore you suggested, the pictures folder under Libraries was still wrong but it looked a lot better ie it was no longer offering me a choice of locations for Pictures folders and, instead was just showing
    me all the top level folders for what it (wrongly) thought was the Pictures folder. But it was still not appearing directly under This PC.

My next step was to go into Properties option for Libraries/Pictures. Here I simply added the correct location D/users/myname/OneDrive/pictures and deleted the location D/users/myname/OneDrive which at that time was the current location.

So, on the Positive side:

• Libraries/Pictures now shows what I would expect ie my top level Pictures folders

But, on the negative side:

• Pictures still does not appear under This PC, unlike Documents, Videos, Music etc
    • in the Photos app, if I go to Folders option, it shows the folder as OneDrive, not OneDrive/Pictures even though, if i go into "choose where to look" it is correctly showing OneDrive/Pictures as the location. Obviously i can still get to the photos I need
      but it's an extra unnecessary step
    That's where i am currently.

wallace99, Jan 3, 2021
  4. onedrive downloads pictures in "pictures" folder as single pictures-will not put them in...

I can get only single pictures using picture gallery slideshow

Hi Steve,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. I suggest you to copy all the pictures in libraries picture folder.

• Open files explorer and click on the Picture folder.
    • Now copy all your favorite picture to the picture folder.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the status.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

onedrive downloads pictures in "pictures" folder as single pictures-will not put them in...

1. onedrive downloads pictures in "pictures" folder as single pictures-will not put them in... - Similar Threads - onedrive downloads pictures

2. Picture folders missing in Pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Picture folders missing in Pictures: Hello,I cannot find most of my picture folders, that has taken me years to organize. A few are there, but most are gone and they are incomplete. I have a windows pc. Just downloaded windows 11 on 6/7/2022. This is the first time I have noticed this. Please help.Thanks....
  3. Picture folders missing in Pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Picture folders missing in Pictures: Hello,I cannot find most of my picture folders, that has taken me years to organize. A few are there, but most are gone and they are incomplete. I have a windows pc. Just downloaded windows 11 on 6/7/2022. This is the first time I have noticed this. Please help.Thanks....
  4. OneDrive Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Pictures Folder: How do I get rid of the OneDrive Pictures Folder that shows under This PC in File Explorer. I have unlinked OneDrive. I have no OneDrive Cloud Icon, I have no other OneDrive Folders that show up anywhere. OneDrive itself is not on my computer, yet the Picture Folder linked to...
  5. Pictures Folder and OneDrive

Pictures Folder and OneDrive: I have an account on my PC - when I linked OneDrive - it redirected the default pictures folder to the OneDrive folder - which I do not want. So I unlinked OneDrive, and deleted the OneDrive folder on my desktop. Now all I want is my Pictures folder in my User Folder. Why is...
  6. Images, pictures, saved to Fireshot, not to Downloads, Pictures folders!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Images, pictures, saved to Fireshot, not to Downloads, Pictures folders!: Recently purchased Lenovo ThinkBook laptop, that came with Win10 Pro. Noticed that whenever I find an interesting image, picture, photo, doc, etc. while on Google Search, and I click "save". The saved item doesn't show up in the usual folders as in old PCs I had as these...
  7. Pictures in Pictures folder

Pictures in Pictures folder: The pictures in my pictures folder are downloaded to my hard drive, but today I looked in the folder and they were gone. It could be a OneDrive thing or the fact that i imported photos with the photos app last night. I would like to get my pictures back....
  8. Pictures in Pictures folder will not open

Pictures in Pictures folder will not open: Pictures will not open in any app or program. I get error messages that I do not have permission to open these files. I have already checked and re-checked the permissions. I am the administrator on my computer. I've run the various diagnostics from the command prompt....
  9. OneDrive and my pictures folder

OneDrive and my pictures folder: Hi group, I've been using OneDrive on my laptop and my desktop for many years. Recently I noticed that all my pictures are stored on OneDrive, but not my laptop. I don't recall changing anything except entering the Samsung Promo code on OneDrive. The Samsung promo code was...
  10. Saving pictures to a picture folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving pictures to a picture folder: I went into my pc and opened up the pictures folder. I created a new folder within the folder. I drag and dropped a picture into the folder. I tried to drag and drop a second picture into the folder and it said I couldn't because there was already a file of the same name....