Windows 10: OneDrive: drag and drop copies only dir and not their content

Discus and support OneDrive: drag and drop copies only dir and not their content in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have physically copied some directories into OneDrive with drag and drop from my machine. However, only the main directories are actually searched,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by samielsamiel, Nov 10, 2019.

1. OneDrive: drag and drop copies only dir and not their content

I have physically copied some directories into OneDrive with drag and drop from my machine.

However, only the main directories are actually searched, not the subdirectories or the files they contain.

How can we solve the problem?

Thank you

sa

:)

samielsamiel, Nov 10, 2019

2. OneDrive drag and drop - can default action be changed from Move to Copy?

Hi, I'm using Microsoft OneDrive and finding it great. The only thing that annoys the heck out of me is that the default drag-and-drop action for dragging files to OneDrive is Move, not Copy. Is there any way that changes the default action to Copy?

KiwiNFLFan, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Cannot Drag and Drop into Edge

• I have been on Win 10 and Edge since June 2016.
    • I was able to drag and drop files in a SP2013 document library until today.
    • I tried it with OneDrive with the same result. I can no longer drag and drop to upload files.

Repeat: Drag and drop worked in my SharePoint 2013 libraries and OneDrive until today.

Was there a recent Win 10 or Edge update that may have broken drag and drop?

Len Gilbert BOTW, Nov 10, 2019
  4. Win User

OneDrive: drag and drop copies only dir and not their content

Thema:

OneDrive: drag and drop copies only dir and not their content

1. OneDrive: drag and drop copies only dir and not their content - Similar Threads - OneDrive drag drop

2. Why does Drag and Drop copy rather than actually dragging and dropping?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Drag and Drop copy rather than actually dragging and dropping?: When I want to move a file elsewhere such as from hard drive to flash drive, I click "Send to" and click the destination without any problem. It appears at the destination, but it is also still there at the source as if it merely copied instead and being dragged. Also if I...
  3. Why does Drag and Drop copy rather than actually dragging and dropping?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Drag and Drop copy rather than actually dragging and dropping?: When I want to move a file elsewhere such as from hard drive to flash drive, I click "Send to" and click the destination without any problem. It appears at the destination, but it is also still there at the source as if it merely copied instead and being dragged. Also if I...
  4. Drag and drop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag and drop: Why i Can't use drag and drop in windows 11?? It is so annoying, i think i have to go back to windows 10.For development work it is really bad for user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop/85e7b545-2642-4278-b569-418ba70cc539
  5. Drag and drop settings for touchpad: drop only on click lift

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Drag and drop settings for touchpad: drop only on click lift: Hi, I noticed that when I drag and drop on my touchpad (xps 15) it drops the content once I lift my dragging finger. However, I want to set windows up to drop only when I lift the clicking finger. How can I do that? I tried all the settings but couldn't find anything. Thanks!...
  6. Default drag and drop action with Onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default drag and drop action with Onedrive: We are using a common Onedrive for storing and sharing files within a team. It is basically neat when using Windows 10 file explorer, since you can just drag and drop files like between local drives and folders. However, the default behaviour of drag and drop with Onedrive is...
  7. Drag and Drop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drag and Drop: I use drag and drop to transfer data onto my network computers, but since the latest update 1903 (18362.449) drag and drop won't work. I re-imaged back a couple of months and drag and drop works ok so the fault is with the latest update. Please advise. Deric...
  8. OneDrive drag and drop - can default action be changed from Move to Copy?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive drag and drop - can default action be changed from Move to Copy?: Hi, I'm using Microsoft OneDrive and finding it great. The only thing that annoys the heck out of me is that the default drag-and-drop action for dragging files to OneDrive is Move, not Copy. Is there any way that changes the default action to Copy?...
  9. Drag and Drop

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag and Drop: When did the ability to drag and drop from the taskbar to the desktop end? 122324
  10. drag and drop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    drag and drop: How do I fix the drag and drop function on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop/4f64f2ff-0a7d-45c6-9c26-fc131a8fd7b6