Windows 10: onedrive duplicating my folders...

Discus and support onedrive duplicating my folders... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. Again, onedrive is going crazy and is duplicating my main folder, full of subfolders. It's locking me out of all my files. I have windows 10,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Michel Chiangmai, Jan 26, 2019.

1. onedrive duplicating my folders...

Hi.

Again, onedrive is going crazy and is duplicating my main folder, full of subfolders. It's locking me out of all my files. I have windows 10, Office 365 home. I paused synch at the moment before I have 1000 copy of my folder, which I can't open anyway! Please don't ask me any question that will further delay the repair. Simply give me a step by step solution and then improve onedrive so this won't happen again to so many of us. I suggest you also add "onedrive" in the list of "Windows Topics" below since thousands of users have issues with it.

Thanks

Michel

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

Michel Chiangmai, Jan 26, 2019

2. OneDrive resulted in duplicate Documents folders, can't merge

I did try restore but it wouldn't let me. The result was the same, that being that it complained of there already being a system folder there (i.e., users\Chris\Documents, etc.)

I just looked in HKCU... as suggested and found the folders defined as "C:\Users\Chris\OneDrive\...". Interestingly, I found a couple of GUIDs other than the Download folder you referred to above. Both point to "%UserProfile%\OneDrive\...". They duplicate
    the explicitly named Personal and Pictures folders assigned to "C:\Users\Chris\OneDrive\...", i.e., they point to the same folder.

Only Personal, Pictures and Desktop are assigned using the C:\Users\Chris\OneDrive string. As above, Personal and Pictures are duplicated as GUIDs. Desktop is not duplicated.

Can I just delete the GUID duplicates of Personal and Pictures (not Downloads) and change the OneDrive entries to "%UserProfile%\...," as some others are assigned?

Is it atypical that Cache is defined as "C:\Users\Chris\AppData\...", unlike other AppData folders defined using "%UserProfile%\..."?

Edit: if editing HKCU directly results in the duplicate folders remaining, that's fine. I can just move the contents of the unwanted folders into the corresponding defined system folder, then delete the duplicate folders.

ChrisCowles, Jan 26, 2019
  3. MT-PMI Win User
    OneDrive syncing duplicate folders

OneDrive keeps notifying "duplicate files" but is not saving both folders, cannot even find duplicates and will not stop syncing.

We have this connected to a network with multiple PCs. How to fix the synching issue and duplicate files?

MT-PMI, Jan 26, 2019
  4. onedrive duplicating my folders...

Duplicated Onedrive icon in explorer

According to Microsoft Forum Moderator Ruizell Rey:

Steven M. Vascellaro, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

onedrive duplicating my folders...

1. onedrive duplicating my folders... - Similar Threads - onedrive duplicating folders

2. Onedrive does uploading a photo create a duplicate on onedrive folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive does uploading a photo create a duplicate on onedrive folder: If I upload a photo from "pictures" using Onedrive.live website that photo file now also appears on the Onedrive folder on my PC. So does that mean it duplicates it on my PC. It is still in the original folder in "pictures". I was looking to see if I could use Onedrive to...
  3. Onedrive does uploading a photo create a duplicate on onedrive folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive does uploading a photo create a duplicate on onedrive folder: If I upload a photo from "pictures" using Onedrive.live website that photo file now also appears on the Onedrive folder on my PC. So does that mean it duplicates it on my PC. It is still in the original folder in "pictures". I was looking to see if I could use Onedrive to...
  4. File Explorer with Onedrive duplicates files in folder instead of folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer with Onedrive duplicates files in folder instead of folder: When using OneDrive, if you try to duplicate a folder, it creates a copy of all the files inside instead of creating a copy of the folder.So if I have this folder structure:New Folder file1.txtThen when I copy-paste the folder to duplicate it, I get this:New Folder file1 -...
  5. File Explorer with Onedrive duplicates files in folder instead of folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer with Onedrive duplicates files in folder instead of folder: When using OneDrive, if you try to duplicate a folder, it creates a copy of all the files inside instead of creating a copy of the folder.So if I have this folder structure:New Folder file1.txtThen when I copy-paste the folder to duplicate it, I get this:New Folder file1 -...
  6. Documents folder stuck in OneDrive and duplicate Pictures folders.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents folder stuck in OneDrive and duplicate Pictures folders.: I was moving some folders around and my Documents folder ended up getting moved into my OneDrive Folder from This PC. Where my Documents folder used to be there's now a duplicate Pictures folder with the same icon as my old Documents Folder. When I tried to restore the...
  7. Duplicate Folders (OneDrive, Dropbox)

Duplicate Folders (OneDrive, Dropbox): Is there a way to stop program folders from appearing more than one in file explorer? OneDrive and Dropbox appear in the navigation pane under Desktop and my user folder....
  8. Duplicate photos in OneDrive

Duplicate photos in OneDrive: I have numerous photo Copies in OneDrive photos. I located these by searching for "Copy" and they are located. If I highlight and press Delete, they do not delete. Neither do they delete if I right click them and delete. How do I get rid of these duplicates and why do I...
  9. Duplicate files created in OneDrive Folder

Duplicate files created in OneDrive Folder: When I create a new file in a child folder in my "This PC" parent folder, the file is automatically also created in a child folder in my "One Drive" parent folder. As a result, I essentially am doubling the storage usage on my PC. Similarly, if I delete a file from my "One...
  10. Duplicate OneDrive folders in Explorer on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Duplicate OneDrive folders in Explorer on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]OneDrive is regarded as one of the leading cloud storage services. It is most used by the enterprise bundled along with the Office 365 subscription -although, there are many users who use it for their personal accounts as well. One [...] This post Duplicate...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i downloaded myob and my onedrive is going crazy

2. onedrive kfm create duplication desktop folder

3. onedrive duplicating folders office 365

4. onedrive is going crazy