Windows 10: OneDrive Duplication of files

Discus and support OneDrive Duplication of files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Im'using Onedrive for years without mistake before. Since some days, I encounter a big problem with OneDrive. I manage a lot of pictures using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by etcg31, May 1, 2020.

1. etcg31 Win User

OneDrive Duplication of files

Hi,

Im'using Onedrive for years without mistake before.

Since some days, I encounter a big problem with OneDrive.

I manage a lot of pictures using the keywords.

Since few days, each files with modified keyword are duplicated into the Onedrive folder into my computer.

If I delete this duplicated files, OneDrive made a new copy !

OneDrive give the message that it cannot merge the file and duplicate it.

I made an re-init of Onedrive without success.

Could I obtain help from the Community here ?

Please help me.

Thanks for alll response.

Regards

:)

etcg31, May 1, 2020

2. onedrive duplicating my folders...

Hi.

Again, onedrive is going crazy and is duplicating my main folder, full of subfolders. It's locking me out of all my files. I have windows 10, Office 365 home. I paused synch at the moment before I have 1000 copy of my folder, which I can't open anyway!
    Please don't ask me any question that will further delay the repair. Simply give me a step by step solution and then improve onedrive so this won't happen again to so many of us. I suggest you also add "onedrive" in the list of "Windows Topics" below since
    thousands of users have issues with it.

Thanks

Michel

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Michel Chiangmai, May 1, 2020
  3. Frick Win User
    Finding duplicate files

Hey hey,

During the years the backups have just accumulated in random places, essentially, and I would like to clean up. Is there a program that can search for duplicate files? And by that I mean identical files. I tried dupeGuru, but that somehow found ... all files to be identical I guess? Like how a bunch of jpg's with different names, sizes and locations being marked 100% identical, or how a bunch of xls-files with completely different everything also were 100% matches with each other. I don't need any fancy functions, just a list of the files that share the name and filesize and created/last write dates.

Frick, May 1, 2020
  4. OneDrive Duplication of files

Duplicated Onedrive icon in explorer

According to Microsoft Forum Moderator Ruizell Rey:

Steven M. Vascellaro, May 1, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive Duplication of files

1. OneDrive Duplication of files - Similar Threads - OneDrive Duplication files

2. Duplicate OneDrive References in File Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate OneDrive References in File Manager: I opended HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace and there are no multiple file names under Namespace. I aslo seaarched for System.IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree but did not find a reference to any OneDrive. One Onedrive folder is...
  3. Duplicate OneDrive References in File Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate OneDrive References in File Manager: I opended HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace and there are no multiple file names under Namespace. I aslo seaarched for System.IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree but did not find a reference to any OneDrive. One Onedrive folder is...
  4. Find Duplicate Files in OneDrive Online

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Find Duplicate Files in OneDrive Online: Hello,Is there a method to detect duplicate files ONLINE in OneDrive?*Not locally in the files structure*Or is the only way to sort by name and compare file size?What about issues when you have two files:"File1.log"and"File1.log - copy"that are the same size but have...
  5. Find Duplicate Files in OneDrive Online

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Find Duplicate Files in OneDrive Online: Hello,Is there a method to detect duplicate files ONLINE in OneDrive?*Not locally in the files structure*Or is the only way to sort by name and compare file size?What about issues when you have two files:"File1.log"and"File1.log - copy"that are the same size but have...
  6. Find Duplicate Files in OneDrive Online

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Duplicate File Copies in OneDrive

Duplicate File Copies in OneDrive: When I installed OneDrive, I found that I have hundreds of duplicate files ending in "- Copy.*" These occur in the original folders and also the OneDrive folders. How do I delete all of the copies? Will this continue to occur?...
  8. Duplicate files created in OneDrive Folder

Duplicate files created in OneDrive Folder: When I create a new file in a child folder in my "This PC" parent folder, the file is automatically also created in a child folder in my "One Drive" parent folder. As a result, I essentially am doubling the storage usage on my PC. Similarly, if I delete a file from my "One...
  9. Duplicate files after syncing in Onedrive

Duplicate files after syncing in Onedrive: Is there any way to get rid of the duplicate file after syncing, other than wasting tons of time making sure your not deleting what you just saved and synced?...
  10. Onedrive duplicate files

Onedrive duplicate files: Hello: Why do one drive duplicate or triple files. And my storage always full. Is their a setting to stop one drive from duplicating files.? Patricia https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-duplicate-files/d970026d-2ba2-4fc2-a2d0-bbcb753add7b"