Windows 10: Onedrive emptied after left unused for a while

Discus and support Onedrive emptied after left unused for a while in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have not been using my onedrive for a while (maybe over a year or two) but I decided to log on to retrieve some old files. However, I only logged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Deledcate, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Deledcate Win User

Onedrive emptied after left unused for a while

Hi, I have not been using my onedrive for a while (maybe over a year or two) but I decided to log on to retrieve some old files. However, I only logged on to find that all folders and files were deleted. I did not receive any warning email regarding the delete in advance and I am quite disappointed to find that my drive is emptied.. Is there a way that I can recover the content of my drive? Many thanks for any advice!

:)

Deledcate, Feb 26, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Ether Win User
    You are empty help

You are empty

D/l the patch but the dll file in there has a virus too...anyone else have a suggestion? thanks *Toast :toast:

Ether, Feb 26, 2019
  4. scopio Win User

OneDrive unable to find my contacts to share folders

garybo125 thanks for your suggestion which I did but it did not resolve the issue with OneDrive insisting to use my contact's first email address instead of his second email address. Eventually I deleted my contact's first email address from my Outlook.com contacts list and OneDrive then added the correct address. It seems that if you have a contact with two email addresses OneDrive will always choose one and not the other!

Berton OneDrive may not use the built-in Contacts Folder in C:\Users\USERNAMEHERE as mine is empty but of course I cannot verify this.

scopio, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Onedrive emptied after left unused for a while - Similar Threads - Onedrive emptied left

2. Empty folders in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Empty folders in OneDrive: I have a OneDrive account that will soon be deleted. All computers have been unlinked to the account. Yesterday I logged in all the files were as they should be. Today I go in to download some folders and files and half of the folders are now empty. The account has been idle...
  3. Empty folders in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Empty folders in OneDrive: I have a OneDrive account that will soon be deleted. All computers have been unlinked to the account. Yesterday I logged in all the files were as they should be. Today I go in to download some folders and files and half of the folders are now empty. The account has been idle...
  4. Empty folders in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Why Is OneDrive Unusably Slow?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why Is OneDrive Unusably Slow?: I am practically unable to access any of my photos, no matter the browser or device, videos are just a spinning circle.I've tried on my Windows desktop hardwired to modem, and my Android phone on a solid wi-fi connection.Even trying to download just about any file, goes at a...
  6. Why Is OneDrive Unusably Slow?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Is OneDrive Unusably Slow?: I am practically unable to access any of my photos, no matter the browser or device, videos are just a spinning circle.I've tried on my Windows desktop hardwired to modem, and my Android phone on a solid wi-fi connection.Even trying to download just about any file, goes at a...
  7. Why Is OneDrive Unusably Slow?

8. empty onedrive folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    empty onedrive folders: How do we fix the onedsive system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/empty-onedrive-folders/18c9f268-86bd-46f6-aa85-d9646d226951
  9. empty onedrive folders

empty onedrive folders: How do we fix the onedsive system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/empty-onedrive-folders/18c9f268-86bd-46f6-aa85-d9646d226951
  10. Files left in the $RECYCLE.BIN directory even after emptying it

in Windows 10 Support
    Files left in the $RECYCLE.BIN directory even after emptying it: While defragging my 1TB HDD, something caught my eye in the files list: [img] There are some (big) files left in the $RECYCLE.BIN directory, even if I've emptied it. I tried running the disk cleaning utility, but it lists nothing to be cleaned. This PC was formatted at...