Windows 10: OneDrive encryption

Discus and support OneDrive encryption in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I encrypt financial files locally in Windows 10 using the option in File Explorer. These files are backed up to OneDrive. I notice that these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bill8888, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Bill8888 Win User

OneDrive encryption

I encrypt financial files locally in Windows 10 using the option in File Explorer. These files are backed up to OneDrive. I notice that these uploaded files when downloaded back to my PC are not encrypted. Can someone explain how OneDrive affects my file encryption? What is the best way to maintain secure backups of my encrypted files?

Bill

:)

Bill8888, Jul 30, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 30, 2019
  3. Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jul 30, 2019
  4. OneDrive encryption

Encryption

Hello Miriam,

For us to be able to isolate your concern why your devices page says it is not encrypted when you've turn on encryption, kindly answer these questions:

• Does this happen before you encrypt the device?
    • Which Windows version currently running on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We will be waiting for update.

Gerald Mal, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive encryption

1. OneDrive encryption - Similar Threads - OneDrive encryption

2. How to use Windows 11 Device Encryption without storing recovery key in OneDrive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use Windows 11 Device Encryption without storing recovery key in OneDrive.: Hello, I was wondering if it was possible to use the device encryption feature of Windows 11 Home without storing the recovery key in OneDrive or in your Microsoft Account. I know that it is possible to delete the keys, but I would like to never upload the keys in the first...
  3. How to use Windows 11 Device Encryption without storing recovery key in OneDrive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use Windows 11 Device Encryption without storing recovery key in OneDrive.: Hello, I was wondering if it was possible to use the device encryption feature of Windows 11 Home without storing the recovery key in OneDrive or in your Microsoft Account. I know that it is possible to delete the keys, but I would like to never upload the keys in the first...
  4. Deadbolt Ransomware encrypted all my Onedrive files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deadbolt Ransomware encrypted all my Onedrive files: All my files in OneDrive have been infected by Deadlock Ransomware, is it possible to get the files restored with the backup from last 20days? Is it possible? how to request it?...
  5. Adding Security, File Verification Encrypt on Files/Folders, Password on OneDrive Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding Security, File Verification Encrypt on Files/Folders, Password on OneDrive Folders: Here's an example I created to explain the features I requested https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-security-file-verification-encrypt-on/7697abc8-56d1-4c90-861e-24700668ed81
  6. Adding Security, File Verification Encrypt on Files/Folders, Password on OneDrive Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding Security, File Verification Encrypt on Files/Folders, Password on OneDrive Folders: Here's an example I created to explain the features I requested https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-security-file-verification-encrypt-on/7697abc8-56d1-4c90-861e-24700668ed81
  7. Recover files on Onedrive encrypted by ransomware

Recover files on Onedrive encrypted by ransomware: Some of my files on Onedrive can't be opened due to being encrypted by ransomware. They've been added .iqll. It may be a kind of Offline Key infection as I've checked them using EmisoftMy Onedrive account is a 365 Education one. Are there any ways to recover/repair those...
  8. EFS encryption for OneDrive folders

EFS encryption for OneDrive folders: Hi, in our organization we have EFS encryption policy to encrypt all files and folders in Desktop and Documents. We are going to activate OneDrive For Business backup know folders synchronization but EFS stopped to encrypt local files on the Desktop everything ok for...
  9. All files on onedrive and hard drive encrypted by .vyb extension

All files on onedrive and hard drive encrypted by .vyb extension: Greetings, Suddenly today i have lost all of my documents For example a PDF file now has a extension of .VYB this ransomware after encrypting files left a . txt document with name "!!!RESTOREPROCESS!!!" When i opened it there was a message asking for money:- All your...
  10. Out of curiosity - what would happen if the OneDrive folder is stored within on encrypted...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Out of curiosity - what would happen if the OneDrive folder is stored within on encrypted...: For the sake of argument, just ignore the Personal Vault option gets locked after 20 minutes I wonder: what would happen if the OneDrive folder moved to an encrypted partition? if possible sync with online OneDrive to take place after unlocking that partition Right now,...