Windows 10: OneDrive error code 0x8004de40 After Username Change

Discus and support OneDrive error code 0x8004de40 After Username Change in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Having a bit of difficulty troubleshooting onedrive, and haven’t found the same issue on the forums. I would like to understand a little more how the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AGU_823, Aug 18, 2021.

1. AGU_823 Win User

OneDrive error code 0x8004de40 After Username Change

Having a bit of difficulty troubleshooting onedrive, and haven’t found the same issue on the forums. I would like to understand a little more how the connection works to prevent the issue for other people. Issue below. We changed the name in AD from [FirstnameLastInitial] to [Firstname] as the username, so far the only complication we have noticed so far is with OneDrive. To fix that have tried the following.Uninstall and reinstall OneDriveCheck TLS 1.0, 1.1, and 12 enabled.netsh winsock reset catalog then reboot%localappdata%\\Microsoft\\OneDrive\\onedrive.exe /reset%localappdata%\\Micr

:)

AGU_823, Aug 18, 2021
  2. Arnypo Win User

OneDrive error code 0x8004de40

Hello,

From many reasons I have created 2nd Microsoft account, which I would like to use in the future. Both accounts are used as 2 different profiles on 1 PC. With original account I do not have troubles to connect to One Drive, but when I would like to use OneDrive
    login via new account I am getting error code 0x8004de40. I have tried to solve the issue using all mentioned advices related to this error code, but with no success.

Thanks fo any help.

Arnypo, Aug 18, 2021
  3. Vermicryx Win User
    Error Code 0x8004de40

Hello All,

I've seen a bunch of issues regarding Error Code 0x8004de40 when it comes to OneDrive. I wanted to post this as I too was having the issue. The questions posted on here are all closed because they are "Solved" with "Fix your internet." I too was able to
    login to Sharepoint/Onedrive and Sync. However during the login prompt(with Authenticator) It would fail with the error stating I was not connected to the internet.

I temporarily changed my DNS to OpenDNS/GoogleDNS or something similar ie: 8.8.8.8, then in an elevated CMD prompt, run this command to flush dns.
    ipconfig /flushdns This solved it for me. as well as several other machines having similar problems. This worked for me and may be something to check if you aren't using your ISP's DNS or a public DNS. Your mileage may vary.

Sorry if this post isn't relevant discussion.

Thanks,

Vermicryx, Aug 18, 2021
  4. OneDrive error code 0x8004de40 After Username Change

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 18, 2021
Thema:

OneDrive error code 0x8004de40 After Username Change

1. OneDrive error code 0x8004de40 After Username Change - Similar Threads - OneDrive error code

2. onedrive 0x8004de40

in Windows 10 Gaming
    onedrive 0x8004de40: Hi everyone,I'm experiencing an issue with Onedrive desktop : each time I login, I get the error code 0x8004de40.Another weird thing : I tried to login on Onedrive with Firefox, but the login page seems to not load up, and this even for outlook or any Microsoft account...
  3. onedrive 0x8004de40

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    onedrive 0x8004de40: Hi everyone,I'm experiencing an issue with Onedrive desktop : each time I login, I get the error code 0x8004de40.Another weird thing : I tried to login on Onedrive with Firefox, but the login page seems to not load up, and this even for outlook or any Microsoft account...
  4. Onedrive errors in Windows 11 after I changed profile username

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive errors in Windows 11 after I changed profile username: I tend to be very wordy with my descriptions, so this first paragraph just below, is my summarized question. The four paragraphs after that are the context the situation, so here goes:What is the best way to uninstall and/or bypass OneDrive in Windows 11? So that no matter...
  5. Onedrive errors in Windows 11 after I changed profile username

Onedrive errors in Windows 11 after I changed profile username: I tend to be very wordy with my descriptions, so this first paragraph just below, is my summarized question. The four paragraphs after that are the context the situation, so here goes:What is the best way to uninstall and/or bypass OneDrive in Windows 11? So that no matter...
  6. Error code 0x8004de40 after installing Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code 0x8004de40 after installing Windows 11: Hi - I installed Windows 11 and since that time, I am having an issue connecting to my personal OneDrive and Teams. I uninstalled my antivirus to see if that would help. When I tried to authorize my antivirus, I received a message that I need to connect to the internet. Not...
  7. Error code 0x8004de40 after installing Windows 11

Error code 0x8004de40 after installing Windows 11: Hi - I installed Windows 11 and since that time, I am having an issue connecting to my personal OneDrive and Teams. I uninstalled my antivirus to see if that would help. When I tried to authorize my antivirus, I received a message that I need to connect to the internet. Not...
  8. Fix OneDrive error 0x8004de40 on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix OneDrive error 0x8004de40 on Windows 10: [ATTACH]After updating Windows 10 to a new build, you might notice that when you […] This article Fix OneDrive error 0x8004de40 on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Error Code 0x8004de40

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error Code 0x8004de40: Hello All, I've seen a bunch of issues regarding Error Code 0x8004de40 when it comes to OneDrive. I wanted to post this as I too was having the issue. The questions posted on here are all closed because they are "Solved" with "Fix your internet." I too was able to login...
  10. OneDrive error code 0x8004de40

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OneDrive error code 0x8004de40: Hello, From many reasons I have created 2nd Microsoft account, which I would like to use in the future. Both accounts are used as 2 different profiles on 1 PC. With original account I do not have troubles to connect to One Drive, but when I would like to use OneDrive login...