Windows 10: OneDrive error

Discus and support OneDrive error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Word file saved in a personal folder on my PC that won't open. the error is 0x8007016A: the cloud file provider is not running. I opened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TheJane, Jun 5, 2019.

1. TheJane Win User

OneDrive error

I have a Word file saved in a personal folder on my PC that won't open. the error is 0x8007016A: the cloud file provider is not running.

I opened OneDrive but that didn't help. If I search for the text in the error, I get unrelated issues and solutions.

how can I open my Word file?

:)

TheJane, Jun 5, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jun 5, 2019
  4. OneDrive error

OneDrive couldn't be installed error 0x800704C7

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• Did you configured OneDrive on your system?
    • What are the other application are you trying to install?
    • Did you uninstall OneDrive? If yes, please elaborate the steps.
    As you said you are trying to re-install OneDrive, I would like to inform you that you cannot uninstall/reinstall the OneDrive which come in-build with the Operating system. However, you have to configure your email account to access OneDrive.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. I suggest you to unregister and re-register the Windows installer and check if this helps.

• Click Start, click Run, type MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER, and then click OK.
      Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs.

• Click Start, click Run, type MSIEXEC /REGSERVER, and then click OK.
      Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs, or you may briefly see an hourglass. After you run this command, the operation is complete.
    Let us know the result for further assistance.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive error

1. OneDrive error - Similar Threads - OneDrive error

2. error code 0x80190001 will not let me use Onedrive, microsoft store, minecraft, and even...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error code 0x80190001 will not let me use Onedrive, microsoft store, minecraft, and even...: I have tried every single solution i could possibly try nothing had worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0x80190001-will-not-let-me-use-onedrive/dbd1b645-5d6f-48df-b04d-6e6ea568cefd
  3. error code 0x80190001 will not let me use Onedrive, microsoft store, minecraft, and even...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error code 0x80190001 will not let me use Onedrive, microsoft store, minecraft, and even...: I have tried every single solution i could possibly try nothing had worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0x80190001-will-not-let-me-use-onedrive/dbd1b645-5d6f-48df-b04d-6e6ea568cefd
  4. OneDrive Sync Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Sync Error: OneDrive sync error: no permissions for norton security.lnk. I checked norton firewall permissions and OneDrive is set to "allow". Please help. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-sync-error/9190487d-81b0-4b37-a53b-19e3ec4b2264
  5. OneDrive Sync Error

OneDrive Sync Error: OneDrive sync error: no permissions for norton security.lnk. I checked norton firewall permissions and OneDrive is set to "allow". Please help. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-sync-error/9190487d-81b0-4b37-a53b-19e3ec4b2264
  6. Impossible to rename a Onedrive filename, path too long error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Impossible to rename a Onedrive filename, path too long error: Hi, when creating a new .txt file in my OneDrive storage via File Explorer application on Windows 11 23H2, I get this error: how can rename this file and create others in this folder?"Windows SecurityThese files can't be openedYour Internet security settings prevented one or...
  7. Impossible to rename a Onedrive filename, path too long error

Impossible to rename a Onedrive filename, path too long error: Hi, when creating a new .txt file in my OneDrive storage via File Explorer application on Windows 11 23H2, I get this error: how can rename this file and create others in this folder?"Windows SecurityThese files can't be openedYour Internet security settings prevented one or...
  8. OneDrive Syncing Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Syncing Error: Hey everyone, I'm encountering an error with OneDrive syncing on my Windows 11 laptop. Some of my files are not syncing properly, and I keep getting error messages saying that certain files couldn't be uploaded. I've tried restarting OneDrive and checking my storage space,...
  9. OneDrive Syncing Error

OneDrive Syncing Error: Hey everyone, I'm encountering an error with OneDrive syncing on my Windows 11 laptop. Some of my files are not syncing properly, and I keep getting error messages saying that certain files couldn't be uploaded. I've tried restarting OneDrive and checking my storage space,...
  10. I am trying to download videos from OneDrive and keep getting error code 0xc00d36c4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to download videos from OneDrive and keep getting error code 0xc00d36c4: I am in OneDrive and downloading videos from a folder that was shared with me. I am unable to open and play the videos within OneDrive and when I download the videos, I get the error code 0xc00d36c4 and it says my file may be corrupted or unsupported. How can I fix this and...