Windows 10: Onedrive: exclude sub-folders from backup to Onedrive cloud

Discus and support Onedrive: exclude sub-folders from backup to Onedrive cloud in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I don't know how, but after my Onedrive App stopped working I had to reinstall the newest version of it manually.And that's the point where the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Cehaho, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Cehaho Win User

Onedrive: exclude sub-folders from backup to Onedrive cloud

Hello,I don't know how, but after my Onedrive App stopped working I had to reinstall the newest version of it manually.And that's the point where the problems are starting, like before I wanted to setup the backup of my document-files I'll use this term to avoid confusion with the document folder, however the new client only allows to backup the WHOLE documents folder?!?I mean....for real guys.....90% of apps and games put their temporary files in the documents folder, changing them every couple of minutes and hence onedrive starts to sync them again. I had to upload about 10GB of shader cac

:)

Cehaho, Dec 3, 2021
  2. RCoon Win User

OneDrive - Bait and switch (but to what?)

Google Drive offers 17GB free, I see no discernible reason to bother with OneDrive's crippled storage capacity.

EDIT: For a painless transfer, I used microsoft's SyncToy to do a daily backup of DropBox/OneDrive items nightly at 4PM to a Google Drive folder. Once I had finished setting up my phone's automatic backup and had my work flow transferred, I just stopped the auto-backup script and uninstalled OneDrive/DropBox and carried on using Google Drive. Switching cloud storage service isn't remotely arduous.

RCoon, Dec 3, 2021
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 3, 2021
  4. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Anyone know how to remove "OneDrive - For Business" from the Explorer navigation panel? I've tried just about every registry modification, and windows policy for "Onedrive" but they only seem to work for the consumer product, not for onedrive for business.

The onedrive product alone is so damn annoying and continues to load itself upon startup, even when it's explicitly remove from startup. It continues to automatically load and unload itself from within the startup folder... while I'm actively watching it load itself into the startup folder.

Freezer, Dec 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Onedrive: exclude sub-folders from backup to Onedrive cloud - Similar Threads - Onedrive exclude sub

2. Exclude Folder from Onedrive backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Exclude Folder from Onedrive backup: Hi, as a gamer I have several files stored within the My Documents/My Games directory, these are not required for backup but are needed on local. In previous versions of one drive, such as that answered here...
  3. Exclude Folder from Onedrive backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exclude Folder from Onedrive backup: Hi, as a gamer I have several files stored within the My Documents/My Games directory, these are not required for backup but are needed on local. In previous versions of one drive, such as that answered here...
  4. Exclude Folder from Onedrive backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Share sub folders in onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Share sub folders in onedrive: I have shared a parent folder in onedrive in office 365. when i or the shared user creates a sub folder, this is not synced and does not display. how do i set onedrive so as any sub folders and content are automatically synchronised with other users?...
  6. Share sub folders in onedrive

Share sub folders in onedrive: I have shared a parent folder in onedrive in office 365. when i or the shared user creates a sub folder, this is not synced and does not display. how do i set onedrive so as any sub folders and content are automatically synchronised with other users?...
  7. Onedrive: exclude sub-folders from backup to Onedrive cloud

Onedrive: exclude sub-folders from backup to Onedrive cloud: Hello,I don't know how, but after my Onedrive App stopped working I had to reinstall the newest version of it manually.And that's the point where the problems are starting, like before I wanted to setup the backup of my document-files I'll use this term to avoid confusion...
  8. Onedrive: exclude sub-folders from backup to Onedrive cloud

Onedrive: exclude sub-folders from backup to Onedrive cloud: Hello,I don't know how, but after my Onedrive App stopped working I had to reinstall the newest version of it manually.And that's the point where the problems are starting, like before I wanted to setup the backup of my document-files I'll use this term to avoid confusion...
  9. how to exclude one folder from backup in a folder backup by onedrive

how to exclude one folder from backup in a folder backup by onedrive: when i unsync one folder in a folder synced by onedrivestupid onedrive delete it from my pc, super high-hand microsoft **** tactics, no wonder people hated microsoftso how do i exclude one folder from backup in a folder that is synced to onedrivewhy delete my pc copy when i...
  10. How to exclude sub folders with specific name from backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to exclude sub folders with specific name from backup: I would like to exclude the node_modules folders from backup. The backup folder has many node_modules subfolders. Are there any methods to exclude subfolders with specific names?...