Windows 10: OneDrive Explorer green checkmarks missing

Discus and support OneDrive Explorer green checkmarks missing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The green check mark overlay icons for OneDrive Explorer folders are missing. Below, how they should look... OneDrive has been uninstalled and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by borgus, Mar 20, 2020.

1. borgus Win User

OneDrive Explorer green checkmarks missing

The green check mark overlay icons for OneDrive Explorer folders are missing. Below, how they should look...

OneDrive has been uninstalled and reinstalled. The PC has been rebooted. Sync is working fine.

There are no folders for OneDrive (or any other app) listed under this registry key...

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdent ifiers
    (On another PC there are seven OneDrive folders shown under that key, and two additional folders.)

How can the overlay check marks be restored?

:)

borgus, Mar 20, 2020
  2. MLSWgtn Win User

Green checkmarks missing in OneDrive for Business

Hi -

I'm a OneDrive for Business user, running Windows 10.

According to the blue icon in the taskbar, it appears that all my OneDrive files are in sync . However, when I look at the list of files in Microsoft Explorer, there are no green checks to confirm their synced status. I have followed advice in previous posts
    on this problem, including this one from 2015:

The reason could be if the settings is disabled in registry. I suggest you to download Autoruns from the link below.Autoruns for Windows - Windows Sysinternals

Then follow the steps below.

• Eexecute the Autoruns and from the program look for the entries that say OneDrive1, OneDrive2 and OneDrive3 in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers.
    • Check all three boxes. If you are asked to Run As Administrator (UAC), agree and continue.
    • Start OneDrive again.
    • Your folders will show the green checkmarks now.

It didn't work. There were no OneDrive entries under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers. (see screen shot below)

Any other advice please? I like to see the green checks there as proof that my files definitely are in the cloud. I don't really want to mess around with the registry again as I'm way out of my depth.

Thanks.

MLSWgtn, Mar 20, 2020
  3. borgus Win User

The green check mark overlay icons for OneDrive Explorer folders are missing. Below, how they should look...

OneDrive has been uninstalled and reinstalled. The PC has been rebooted. Sync is working fine.

There are no folders for OneDrive (or any other app) listed under this registry key...

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdent ifiers
    (On another PC there are seven OneDrive folders shown under that key, and two additional folders.)

How can the overlay check marks be restored?

borgus, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Mcd73165 Win User

OneDrive Green Checkmarks (icon overlays) disappeared

If this is normal then when did it change from showing the green checkmark icon overlays on the OneDrive icon itself in Windows Explorer and on the folders within OneDrive. Please look at the thread titled OneDrive which shows the picture of how it used to look. Thanks.
    Mark

Mcd73165, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

1. OneDrive Explorer green checkmarks missing - Similar Threads - OneDrive Explorer green

2. Green checkmarks keep re-appearing even though onedrive is uninstalled/Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Green checkmarks keep re-appearing even though onedrive is uninstalled/Windows 10: Ladies/Gents....I've uninstalled onedrive and Norton backup is disabled. Green checkboxes are still showing up on my desktop shortcuts once every 24 roughly hours. If I refresh the screen, they are gone. I've run SFC and DISM; no errors. I've not made any software changes to...
  3. green checkmarks not visible

in Windows 10 Customization
    green checkmarks not visible: hello. why are the "green checkmarks" disappeared on the OneDrive and Windows Update Settings? Usually the green checkmarks can be seen on the upper right corner of the Settings Home screen....
  4. weird green checkmarks on short icons on the desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    weird green checkmarks on short icons on the desktop: hey all you experts, yet another strange issue I think I've found with microsoft's wonderful windows technology it seems like. here's what I've got: this weirdness has now started occurring today, after a previous bout of weirdness happened to me last week, which is...
  5. OneDrive Green Checkmarks (icon overlays) disappeared - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Green Checkmarks (icon overlays) disappeared - Windows 10: Hello Team, We found an issue on One Drive client on windows 10, missing green check marks. Share context menu is also disappeared. We tried all sort of possible solution provided by Microsoft site and other blog. By modifying registry. Uninstalling and installing one...
  6. OneDrive Explorer green checkmarks missing

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Explorer green checkmarks missing: The green check mark overlay icons for OneDrive Explorer folders are missing. Below, how they should look... OneDrive has been uninstalled and reinstalled. The PC has been rebooted. Sync is working fine. There are no folders for OneDrive (or any other app) listed under this...
  7. Green Checkmarks/ Ticks on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Green Checkmarks/ Ticks on desktop icons: Since I have got my laptop, I have noticed green checkmarks on the desktop icons. These are irritating. I know this is regarding OneDrive but how to remove them?...
  8. Green Checkmark on my apps icons on desktop !?

in Windows 10 Support
    Green Checkmark on my apps icons on desktop !?: I just saw that there was a green check mark on some of the application icons on my desktop! Never seen this before! And then suddenly gone! Anyone knows what this is? 13425
  9. OneDrive Green Checkmarks (icon overlays) disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Green Checkmarks (icon overlays) disappeared: I don't remember which build it changed. *Sad It was fairly recently (within the last 2 weeks or so). In any case I appreciate your help and will assume that this is the way it should be now. Thanks again for your help. Mark
  10. Mysterious green checkmarks on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious green checkmarks on desktop: In the past week or so, I have noticed that the shortcuts (aliases) on my desktop are being festooned with tiny green checkmarks. For example, last time I started up my Windows VM, I saw: [img] Now, just passing my cursor OVER the aliases (not even clicking) made each...