Windows 10: OneDrive Explorer View

Discus and support OneDrive Explorer View in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, New on here a just taken plunge with w10. Not bad at all on this Surface Pro 3. In windows explorer there is an option what folders to show and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by problempage, Jul 30, 2015.

1. OneDrive Explorer View

Hi, New on here a just taken plunge with w10. Not bad at all on this Surface Pro 3.
    In windows explorer there is an option what folders to show and synchronise. It used to be that the file 'impression' was there but the actual file on the cloud. It now seems that to have them visible they have to synchronise and this means they actually download to local HDD. All I want is to see the files and when I click on them they come down from cloud and attach to email etc. This particularly important for pictures. Because these and medic are huge I don't 'synchronise as they would all come down locally.
    So, please, how do I see the available files in OneDrive via Explorer without actually having them on hard drive locally. Many thanks.

:)

problempage, Jul 30, 2015

2. Organize pictures in File Explorer in sub-folders by Year and Month

Thanks for your reply, it syncs the pictures but not the folders. You could view the pictures by month in Library but not in File Explorer/OneDrive.

JosephGombo, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Windows 10 upgrade & onedrive

In the Windows 10 upgrade. Will I still be able to save documents from my PC onto onedrive and also view them in file explorer?

AndrewKing06, Jul 30, 2015
  4. OneDrive Explorer View

You can't. What you describe is Windows 8/8.1 feature only.

Olivir2014, Jul 30, 2015
  5. Oh No! Thanks for replying. So, if sending an email via Outlook 365 how can you attach a picture as one would using the paper clip icon? I've just looked at my desktop and am wondering if the files I thought were solely on the cloud are actually also on the HDD and have been all along. That is still 8.1.

problempage, Jul 30, 2015
  6. No, in Windows 8/8.1 if you had them set to online only then they were online only. You could see a "placeholder" in explorer.

Sadly Microsoft saw fit to change the way it works in Windows 10 (citing user confusion as one of the reasons) making OneDrive FAR less useful in my opinion.

MonkeySeeker, Jul 30, 2015
  7. Damn, that's a serious downside for me. Don't even now understand how to save an attachment to a OneDrive folder if that folder is not one in explorer because it is too big e.g. photos. The only thing I can think of is a 'holding folder' then go to OneDrive on the Internet and move to the online folder. Really annoying.

problempage, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

OneDrive Explorer View

1. OneDrive Explorer View - Similar Threads - OneDrive Explorer View

2. File explorer view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer view: I'm having a dummy problem. I don't "think" I have changed anything but the view I am seeing when I open File Explorer is different. I understand quick access - but previously I had my most used folders in the lower half of the left hand column. Things that were user specific...
  3. File Explorer views

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer views: Is there a way to save a "view" in file explorer? I prefer to see the items in a folder as a List, but every time I open a folder it has defaulted to Details so I have to change it to List.Can the List view be saved as the default?...
  4. File Explorer views

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer views: Is there a way to save a "view" in file explorer? I prefer to see the items in a folder as a List, but every time I open a folder it has defaulted to Details so I have to change it to List.Can the List view be saved as the default?...
  5. Explorer View Pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer View Pane: I like to use view pane in Windows Explorer. So far, as I have installed the Adobe Arcobat, I could preview thepdf files on the View Pane in the Windows Explorer. Since I installed the app PDFsam, the preview style has changed and PDF is activated each time I want to preview...
  6. Explorer view of OneDrive shows sync pending but taskbar view shows in sync

Explorer view of OneDrive shows sync pending but taskbar view shows in sync: I was attempting to solve the issue that Explorer showedthat the folders in my Onedrive container were ‘Sync pending’ while the OneDrivetaskbar icon showed the folders were in sync. Those folders were all originallylocated on the C: drive before I got involved with OneDrive...
  7. File explorer and view

File explorer and view: I have created a map and set the view as Small icons. When I try to follow instructions and define a view for this map it will beset for all other views. I do not like to see other maps as View > Properties not as small icons. It is very annoying. How to manage view...
  8. How to view unsync files in onedrive file explorer

How to view unsync files in onedrive file explorer: Hi, recently I reset my windows 10 and I have an issue with my onedrive file explorer after. So on my previous version (before I do windows reset), I would be able to view all cloud files in onedrive file explorer without downloading them. To download them I simply right...
  9. Viewing file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Viewing file explorer: I can only see one folder in file explorer. The button to allow we to reverse the folder to the previous size has vanished so I seem to be stuck on maximum...
  10. Windows Explorer Views

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Views: Is there anyway to set up the views of a folder in Windows Explorer so that the view of one folder will be different than the view of another folder. I have shortcuts to folders on my desktop. If the folder shortcut is to a particular folder, I want the view Navigation...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. explorer view in onedrive