Windows 10: OneDrive failing to run on Startup

Discus and support OneDrive failing to run on Startup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 and it seems that every so often OneDrive fails to start-up. I have repeatedly checked the box within Setting to Automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ExpertJeans8885, Jan 18, 2020.

1. OneDrive failing to run on Startup

I am running Windows 10 and it seems that every so often OneDrive fails to start-up. I have repeatedly checked the box within Setting to Automatically start OneDrive when I sign into windows, but I find that after a week or so it suddenly not running, I run it and go to settings and find the box is unticked. Do this again, i.e. ticking the box and even restart the PC and check that OneDrive has started, but as said within a few days it would seem something has stopped it from starting up! Any clues?

:)

ExpertJeans8885, Jan 18, 2020
  2. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Anyone know how to remove "OneDrive - For Business" from the Explorer navigation panel? I've tried just about every registry modification, and windows policy for "Onedrive" but they only seem to work for the consumer product, not for onedrive for business.

The onedrive product alone is so damn annoying and continues to load itself upon startup, even when it's explicitly remove from startup. It continues to automatically load and unload itself from within the startup folder... while I'm actively watching it load itself into the startup folder.

Freezer, Jan 18, 2020
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 18, 2020
  4. OneDrive failing to run on Startup

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive failing to run on Startup

1. OneDrive failing to run on Startup - Similar Threads - OneDrive failing run

2. Should OneDrive be ON at startup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should OneDrive be ON at startup?: If I elect to turn OFF OneDrive at startup, when will it come back on? Or do I manually have to turn it back on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-onedrive-be-on-at-startup/31dffb67-1c07-4b2c-ac48-f531388978f9
  3. Should OneDrive be ON at startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should OneDrive be ON at startup?: If I elect to turn OFF OneDrive at startup, when will it come back on? Or do I manually have to turn it back on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-onedrive-be-on-at-startup/31dffb67-1c07-4b2c-ac48-f531388978f9
  4. Startup Repair Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Repair Failed: What to do if start up repair failed?SrtTrail.txt fileStartup Repair diagnosis and repair log --------------------------- Number of repair attempts: 1 Session details --------------------------- System Disk = \Device\Harddisk0 Windows directory = C:\WINDOWS AutoChk Run = 0...
  5. Startup Repair Failed

Startup Repair Failed: What to do if start up repair failed?SrtTrail.txt fileStartup Repair diagnosis and repair log --------------------------- Number of repair attempts: 1 Session details --------------------------- System Disk = \Device\Harddisk0 Windows directory = C:\WINDOWS AutoChk Run = 0...
  6. Startup Repair Failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Repair Failing: My computer needed to restart to update recently, and the auto repair keeps failing and gives the message:"Startup Repair couldn't repair your PCPress 'Advanced options' to try other options to repair your PC or 'Shut down' to turn off your PC.Log file:...
  7. Run a program at startup

Run a program at startup: Greetings, I already tried asking this in Microsoft Answers. I would like to have a command script (.cmd) run automatically, making sure: 1. The program doesn't start until the user logs in 2. The program doesn't start for other users I thought I could use this startup...
  8. Startup Run DLL error on startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Startup Run DLL error on startup: On startup, I get message "There was a problem starting C\:Users\rober\cnmss The module could not be found" I "x" out of it, and it doesn't seem to effect anything. Is there something I should be doing about this?...
  9. Onedrive not running

Onedrive not running: Hi. Onedrive is not running on my win10 machine (no icon on taskbar and I do not see it running when I check in task manager). I must have turned it off previously but do not remember if I did or what I did. I looked under GPedit and the four onedrive items are set as not...
  10. Turn On or Off Run OneDrive at Startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Run OneDrive at Startup in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Run OneDrive at Startup in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Start OneDrive Automatically when you Sign in to Windows 10 [img] Information OneDrive is a cloud-based storage service where you can view, browse, upload, and share the files you...