Windows 10: OneDrive fails after using "local security policy" app to create whitelist

Discus and support OneDrive fails after using "local security policy" app to create whitelist in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have recently upgraded to Win10 Pro. Thought I would try creating a whitelist environment using the Microsoft "local security policy" app. Pretty... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ioweejun, Jun 11, 2020.

1. ioweejun Win User

OneDrive fails after using "local security policy" app to create whitelist

I have recently upgraded to Win10 Pro. Thought I would try creating a whitelist environment using the Microsoft "local security policy" app. Pretty much succeeded except now OneDrive will not start. Says blocked by administrator me. Returning all to "unrestricted" solves the problem. Note that I am not an IT expert - just an over adventures user.

What then are whitelist "additional rules" that need to be added for OneDrive? That is, what filespecs to add beyond the "local security policy" app's defaults program files and windows and my current added "Program Files x86"?

Failing that, what is default for app software security level I should return to and admit I'm not knowledgeable enough to be fooling around with such things? I assume it is "unrestricted".

Beyond above, can anyone recommend a utility for creating a Win10 "whitelist" environment that is more user friendly for non-IT folks? It would be nice if the Microsoft app, after setting up whitelist based on directory paths, would list all current programs that then will no longer run and let user select those wanted to be added to the whitelist based on app name, not filespec, if that makes any sense.

Thank you

:)

ioweejun, Jun 11, 2020
  2. begro89 Win User

Local Security Policy on Windows 10?

Local Security Policysหายคับ

begro89, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Local Security Policy on Windows 10?

Hi,

To help you with your concern regarding the Local Security Policy, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows button
    • Search for Administrative tools
    • Double-click the Local Security Policy

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Jun 11, 2020
  4. DRN2018 Win User

How to create a script to edit Local Security Policy -> Local Policies -> Security Options

Is there any way to create either a powershell script or batch file to change Security Options in Local Security Policy? I am running Windows 8.1 currently but do often switch between Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 so posting a way to create a script on at least
    one of these platforms would help.

Thanks!

DRN2018, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

1. OneDrive fails after using "local security policy" app to create whitelist - Similar Threads - OneDrive fails using

2. Device Local security policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Local security policy: Hello,Im looking to make some changes to my devices password policy.But when i try and make changes to the anything under the password & account lockout policy, all the fields arent editable.Ive looked to see if the same issue is prevalent on other users, but i found thats...
  3. Device Local security policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device Local security policy: Hello,Im looking to make some changes to my devices password policy.But when i try and make changes to the anything under the password & account lockout policy, all the fields arent editable.Ive looked to see if the same issue is prevalent on other users, but i found thats...
  4. Device Local security policy

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Local Security Policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Security Policy: I have decided to take a go at Windows Pro. I'm running Windows 11 Pro; the experience has been very enjoyable. I was wondering though, if anyone knew of a "standard" local security policy and group policy? Maybe like a best-practices for security? I generally tear through...
  6. Local Security Policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Security Policy: I have decided to take a go at Windows Pro. I'm running Windows 11 Pro; the experience has been very enjoyable. I was wondering though, if anyone knew of a "standard" local security policy and group policy? Maybe like a best-practices for security? I generally tear through...
  7. Local Security Policy Reset After Updates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local Security Policy Reset After Updates: I manage a standalone Windows 10 Pro laptop that has its own local auditing policies. It has never touched a domain so has no AD policies over-riding the local policies. The policies are set in secpol.msc. When an update is applied some items are reset to the default, not all...
  8. local security policies

in Windows 10 Gaming
    local security policies: i am unable to find local policies . i have tried gpedit.msc or secpol.msc but an error message occures every time . what do i do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-security-policies/a1fcf504-90ad-4780-a8c1-8afd19e7e6e0
  9. Local security policy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local security policy: I am having trouble accessing my Local security policy settings, I am logged in as the administrator the secpol.msc command does not work and cannot be found by the OS. Is this feature disabled on windows 10 home? and if so why?...
  10. Local Security Policy Editor NOT FOUND

in Windows 10 Support
    Local Security Policy Editor NOT FOUND: I searched the TenForun AND my PC but found nowhere any indication of SecPol.msc. I have a W10 Home, is that the reason? Where can I download it, please? (Explorer keep asking network password on home network) Thanks! Alain 111678