Windows 10: OneDrive Fails at Least Once a Month

Discus and support OneDrive Fails at Least Once a Month in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ok. I'm a few steps beyond my wit's end with OneDrive. It functions for about a month. Then in stops. Just stops. It'll restart a couple of times if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jmra1959, Nov 16, 2018.

1. jmra1959 Win User

OneDrive Fails at Least Once a Month

Ok. I'm a few steps beyond my wit's end with OneDrive. It functions for about a month. Then in stops. Just stops. It'll restart a couple of times if I reboot - but I can't do that every time I need to save a document.

I then uninstall and reinstall. That took about five tries tonight - but it appears (it's too early to be certain) that I finally uninstalled the old version, reinstalled, at it appears to (finally) be syncing.

But I'm a busy guy. I can't afford 1-3 hours every month to get OneDrive up and running. Now, Google Drive is even worse - and Dropbox has a different set of problems.

Is there anyway to get to OneDrive to simply work consistently without going through this every month?

Thanks!

:)

jmra1959, Nov 16, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Juha_FI Win User
    Latest OneDrive update fails

This is still failing, now almost a month without OneDrive and especially without photo backup. When can we expect a fix?

And no, the problem is not with logging on to OneDrive, it is with the update of OneDrive software itself, via Store. The update just repeatedly fails, without even an error code, and OneDrive just stays on the list of updateable programs. But as the first
    attempt at updating disabled the old OneDrive, and Store cannot install a new one, we are left without OneDrive.

Juha_FI, Nov 16, 2018
  4. OneDrive Fails at Least Once a Month

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

OneDrive Fails at Least Once a Month

1. OneDrive Fails at Least Once a Month - Similar Threads - OneDrive Fails Least

2. Memory_Management BSOD at least once an hour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory_Management BSOD at least once an hour: My Windows 10 computer has recently started giving me the BSOD a lot and has primarily given me the stop code "memory_management" I've occasionally gotten page_fault_in_nonpaged_area, system_service_exception, and system_thread_exception_not_handled as well but it is almost...
  3. Memory_Management BSOD at least once an hour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory_Management BSOD at least once an hour: My Windows 10 computer has recently started giving me the BSOD a lot and has primarily given me the stop code "memory_management" I've occasionally gotten page_fault_in_nonpaged_area, system_service_exception, and system_thread_exception_not_handled as well but it is almost...
  4. Memory_Management BSOD at least once an hour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer crashes at least once a day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes at least once a day: Sorry, not sure what the stopcode was because I wasn't looking at the screen. But from the daily crashes, irql_not_less_or_equal shows up the most.Here is the link with the minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhrYvg_dPqiJi3N7FizJ8hw_Er8B?e=YFyGEFThanks in advance!...
  6. Computer crashes at least once a day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashes at least once a day: Sorry, not sure what the stopcode was because I wasn't looking at the screen. But from the daily crashes, irql_not_less_or_equal shows up the most.Here is the link with the minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhrYvg_dPqiJi3N7FizJ8hw_Er8B?e=YFyGEFThanks in advance!...
  7. Computer crashes at least once a day

8. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL happening at least once a day

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL happening at least once a day: My computer will randomly bsod at random times during the day can you help me find out what is causing this.Here are the files:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6cvkyogkvhjv61s/AADZaD8rtTK3qGDz4y0yqgMfa?dl=0...
  9. BSoD once at least every day

BSoD once at least every day: My PC blue screens randomy at least once a day, i checked the eroor in computer managment and its all the same. The BSoD error messages vary from IRQL_not_LESS_OR_EQUAL to System service exception to apc index mismatch. I have tested the memory with memtest and the windows...
  10. Computer freezes, bluescreens at least once a day

Computer freezes, bluescreens at least once a day: Hello, I've been having an issue with my computer for quite some time now, this has been happening for about 1 month and a half. Going back to the end of July, I had a pretty old specs, but they served me well, I didn't have any problems with them what so ever. There was...