Windows 10: OneDrive fails to authenticate/login if Windows 10 PIN is activated for device unlocking

Discus and support OneDrive fails to authenticate/login if Windows 10 PIN is activated for device unlocking in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Dear MS team, when I add a PIN authentication to unlock my Windows 10 laptop, OneDrive fails to authenticate and repeteatly gives me the message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Johannes4223, Dec 5, 2018.

1. OneDrive fails to authenticate/login if Windows 10 PIN is activated for device unlocking

Dear MS team,

when I add a PIN authentication to unlock my Windows 10 laptop, OneDrive fails to authenticate and repeteatly gives me the message "Login failed, you may need to reenter your login information" (something like this). This occurs about ebvery 2 seconds and there is no way to open the OneDrive application/settings to change any account settings as the window disappears when the error message comes back after 2 seconds (every 2 seconds).

When I remove the PIN from my device and login with password again, it directly works without any further changes.
    So I assume somehow the PIN leads to a broken setting that causes OneDrive to continuously try login, fail, retry, fail.

A fix would be nice, as I would like to have a real strong long password for my MS account but would appreciate to use a shorter PIN for my device. At the moment I need to keep the passwort practical to be entered each time the device needs unlock.

:)

Johannes4223, Dec 5, 2018

2. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Freezer Win User

OneDrive fails to authenticate/login if Windows 10 PIN is activated for device unlocking

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Anyone know how to remove "OneDrive - For Business" from the Explorer navigation panel? I've tried just about every registry modification, and windows policy for "Onedrive" but they only seem to work for the consumer product, not for onedrive for business.

The onedrive product alone is so damn annoying and continues to load itself upon startup, even when it's explicitly remove from startup. It continues to automatically load and unload itself from within the startup folder... while I'm actively watching it load itself into the startup folder.

Freezer, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

OneDrive fails to authenticate/login if Windows 10 PIN is activated for device unlocking

1. OneDrive fails to authenticate/login if Windows 10 PIN is activated for device unlocking - Similar Threads - OneDrive fails authenticate

2. Microsoft Authenticator Activation Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Authenticator Activation Failed: Activation failed when I tried to use Microsoft Authenticator to sign in to Office. Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-authenticator-activation-failed/3674f4ca-5dfe-4a77-926a-9f61d2ff6cda
  3. Microsoft Authenticator Activation Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Authenticator Activation Failed: Activation failed when I tried to use Microsoft Authenticator to sign in to Office. Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-authenticator-activation-failed/3674f4ca-5dfe-4a77-926a-9f61d2ff6cda
  4. Multiple failed login request Kerberos pre-authentication failed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple failed login request Kerberos pre-authentication failed.: Event ID: 4771 Log Name: SecuritySource: Microsoft-Windows-Security-AuditingDate: 16-02-2023 14:37:05Event ID: 4771Task Category: Kerberos Authentication ServiceLevel: InformationKeywords: Audit FailureUser: N/AComputer:...
  5. Multi Factor Authentication device unlock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multi Factor Authentication device unlock: Hi Community! I have recently configured Multi factor authentication device unlock logging into Windows. Following the company wishes for something that you know, something that you are and something that you have i have tried to set this up on our devices.I achieved this via...
  6. Multi Factor Authentication device unlock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multi Factor Authentication device unlock: Hi Community! I have recently configured Multi factor authentication device unlock logging into Windows. Following the company wishes for something that you know, something that you are and something that you have i have tried to set this up on our devices.I achieved this via...
  7. Multi Factor Authentication device unlock

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Windows 10 login fails to create pin and resets to the login screen

Windows 10 login fails to create pin and resets to the login screen: Here's the scenario.I have two Microsoft accounts, I wanted to combine them due to some XBox purchases. We'll call them account_1 and account_2.Account_2 had the xbox purchases associated with it. Account_1 is the account I want to use as my main.Couldn't find a way to...
  9. PIN authentication

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN authentication: I am repeatedly asked to enter my PIN but it is not recognised. Windows won't allow me to use an alternative login method or change my PIN, or cancel ..... or do anything else. I can't contact MS virtual support agent because it asks for my PIN before I can continue. Calling...
  10. Windows 10 failed authentication

Windows 10 failed authentication: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 w Nvidia gpu and i7 cpu. After I shut down my laptop last night, I boot it up this morning to find that my usual password is not accepted In the startup login menu. It is the same password I have used every time. Upon further analysis,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why has an emailed onedrive link failed an authentication test