Windows 10: OneDrive fails to start automatically after login

Discus and support OneDrive fails to start automatically after login in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! I'm seeing several issues related to automatically start several Microsoft applications in my Dell XPS 13 running a fully updated Windows 10. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ricardo Julio Rodríguez, Oct 13, 2019.

1. OneDrive fails to start automatically after login

Hi! I'm seeing several issues related to automatically start several Microsoft applications in my Dell XPS 13 running a fully updated Windows 10. The most bothering one is failing to start OneDrive after a restart following any update automatically. Even though I set "Start OneDrive Automatically..." in the Settings pane, it appears unchecked after restarts following updates.

Please, is this a known issue? Could you point me in the right direction to perform more test and feed this thread with relevant information? Thanks for your help!

:)

Ricardo Julio Rodríguez, Oct 13, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 13, 2019
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Oct 13, 2019
  4. OneDrive fails to start automatically after login

Unable To Login To OneDrive On Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to login to Sign in to your Microsoft account with your Microsoft Account, which you are using to login
    to OneDrive and check if you are able to login to Sign in to your Microsoft account.

If you are unable to login to Sign in to your Microsoft account, then follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in
    When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account and check if this helps.

If you are able to login to Sign in to your Microsoft account, then the issue might be with your OneDrive Account,
    so try the below methods and check if this helps.

Method 1:
    OneDrive Cached Credential.

1. Exit OneDrive > Go to Control Panel >
      User Accounts > Credential Manager.
    2. Click on Windows Credentials on the right > Choose the down arrow to the right of
      OneDrive Cached Credential > Click on Edit > Enter your
      Microsoft Account (OneDrive) username and password.
    3. Then, go to Start Menu and launch OneDrive and try to login and check if this helps.

Method 2:
    Resetting OneDrive.

• Press Win + R keys to launch Run menu >
      Copy/paste the following command in the Run menu and hit
      Enter.

%localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset
    • Wait for a minute or so > The OneDrive icon will reappear in the notification area > If it does not appear then open
      Win + R to launch Run menu again > Copy/paste the following command in the Run menu and hit
      Enter.

%localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe
    • OneDrive icon will reappear in the notification, so try logging in to OneDrive and check if the issue persists.

If the issue still persists, then I suggest you to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance by following the below steps:

Login to OneDrive > Click the
    ? Help icon on the top banner of the page > Select
    Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Shafeeq_Khan, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive fails to start automatically after login

1. OneDrive fails to start automatically after login - Similar Threads - OneDrive fails start

2. Boot Fail after Login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot Fail after Login: I seem to have a boot problem that is a variation of the Black Screen with mouse cursor. The Lenovo boots to the desktop background with no icons, Taskbar appears with only minimal items. The mouse cursor is normal in the desktop area but changes to a a spinning circle when...
  3. Boot Fail after Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot Fail after Login: I seem to have a boot problem that is a variation of the Black Screen with mouse cursor. The Lenovo boots to the desktop background with no icons, Taskbar appears with only minimal items. The mouse cursor is normal in the desktop area but changes to a a spinning circle when...
  4. OneDrive not starting automatically after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive not starting automatically after restart: I am on Windows 11. Just recently, OneDrive does not start up automatically after a restart. Something keeps turning off the Enable feature in Task Manager Startup. I have gone into OneDrive – Personal Settings, and the “Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to...
  5. OneDrive not starting automatically after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive not starting automatically after restart: I am on Windows 11. Just recently, OneDrive does not start up automatically after a restart. Something keeps turning off the Enable feature in Task Manager Startup. I have gone into OneDrive – Personal Settings, and the “Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to...
  6. OneDrive will not start automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OneDrive will not start automatically: Since last week I see that OneDrive will not start automatically on my machine, thus the sync is not working. It does work if I start OneDrive manually - then it gets back to "normal". This problem is on my private PC, my work PC and also today I saw that other people in...
  7. OneDrive nolonger starts up automatically.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive nolonger starts up automatically.: For some reason today neither my pc or laptop want to startup OneDrive automatically at startup. Launch it manually it works fine. No its not a matter of selecting automatic from the Startup list in Task manager. OneDrive isn't listed there. Ideas?...
  8. OneDrive not starting automatically when Windows starts

OneDrive not starting automatically when Windows starts: I have a new install of Windows 10, fully updated. My issue is that OneDrive is no longer automatically starting when Windows starts. I have tried changing the setting in OneDrive, "Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to Windows" but it eventually resets itself to...
  9. Mapped OneDrive Fails to Reconnect at Login

Mapped OneDrive Fails to Reconnect at Login: I have my OneDrive mapped to my PC and whenever I reboot the machine it fails to reconnect. I saved my login credentials and checked reconnect at login. What happens is the authentication box opens with my username and password in it only in front of my username is the words...
  10. Excel Automatically Starts Upon Login After Using

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel Automatically Starts Upon Login After Using: I rarely use Excel. However, our resident schedule is published in spreadsheet format. If I open it with Excel and later close/exit the Excel app, Excel will automatically start when I restart my computer or shut down/start again. I'm not sure if there is some remnant of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive not auto logging in on windows 1909