Windows 10: OneDrive failure on secundary harddrive installation using BitLocker

Discus and support OneDrive failure on secundary harddrive installation using BitLocker in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I've got OneDrive installed in my "D" drive which is an internal harddisk other then my bootup "C" disk. A couple of weeks ago I've encrypted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alias.Me, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Alias.Me Win User

OneDrive failure on secundary harddrive installation using BitLocker

Hello,

I've got OneDrive installed in my "D" drive which is an internal harddisk other then my bootup "C" disk. A couple of weeks ago I've encrypted my whole system using BitLocker. My bootdrive is password protected and prompts at startup and after entering the passcode my computer boots. My "D" drive is also password protected by BitLocker and automatically opens at logon.

Note: My user account on Windows does have a password but it automatically logs on because the boot is already password protected.

Now, on some boots I get the following error message.

Title: "Microsoft OneDrive", "OneDrive isn't signed in"

Text: "Please enter your sign-in info to start syncing again. (Error Code: 0x8004def0)"

Screenshot:

OneDrive failure on secundary harddrive installation using BitLocker 8ca36786-f72f-44f2-a9f5-25d651a2ceef?upload=true.png

It seems to me that there is a race-condition happening. On most boots BitLocker wins and the "D" drive is opened prior to OneDrive being started/mounted.... On few other boots OneDrive wins and the "D" drive does not exist yet in which case the above error occurs.

When you press "OK" the OneDrive login dialog appears and after login in OneDrive works as usual.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Or, perhaps Microsoft can fix it with an update?

Thanks in advanced for any help on this.!

:)

Alias.Me, Dec 5, 2018
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Installing Bitlocker to encrypt

Hello,

To install BitLocker, your PC must satisfied system requirements. We'd like to clarify, what edition of Windows 10 do you have? In addition, you must be logged in as an admistrator and have an access to printer to print the recovery key.

If you're using Windows 10 Pro and meet the requirements, follow these steps to enable BitLocker.

• Click Start. Type Control Panel.
    • Click System and Security.
    • Click BitLocker Drive.
    • Hit Turn on BitLocker.

Looking forward to your response.

Dyan Rey, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

1. OneDrive failure on secundary harddrive installation using BitLocker - Similar Threads - OneDrive failure secundary

2. PC Crash Causes Harddrive Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crash Causes Harddrive Failure: This has happened twice. Background:My PC crashes sometimes, and I don't know why. No minidump is created, and the event log shows kernel power event ID 41. There is no sustained bluescreen after the crash--the bluescreen either doesn't appear or just flashes before the PC...
  3. re-install windows after harddrive failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    re-install windows after harddrive failure: I purchased a laptop with windows 10 preloaded on it. After a bit of fiddling around I managed to corrupt my harddrive and needed to format it. I am now trying to re-install windows but I don't know how to find my serial key embedded or make any progress. Any help or advice...
  4. re-install windows after harddrive failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    re-install windows after harddrive failure: I purchased a laptop with windows 10 preloaded on it. After a bit of fiddling around I managed to corrupt my harddrive and needed to format it. I am now trying to re-install windows but I don't know how to find my serial key embedded or make any progress. Any help or advice...
  5. re-install windows after harddrive failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. HardDrive Failure?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HardDrive Failure?: Good Evening, This is Aniket, So I have started observing a issue recently that the laptop freezes and if i am using something like chrome or listening music on groovy etc it just gets stuck on not responding and then i have to hold the power button to shut it down else...
  7. Harddrive failure

Harddrive failure: My harddrive failed and I want to know what I have to do to get my factory windows install back on my new harddrive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/harddrive-failure/abbd9b14-d1aa-435f-bda1-68f66cc0df2f"
  8. recovery after harddrive failure

recovery after harddrive failure: before I had win 10 pro, office 365. The harddrive failed, the shop replaced it. Now, I have win 10 home, activated, associated with my account, but no pro and no office 365....
  9. Harddrive Failure or Hardware Failure?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Harddrive Failure or Hardware Failure?: My external harddrive is relatively new; no more than 2 years. It has been failing to be recognized my my PC and getting an I/O error when in Safe Mode. When not in safe mode, it just stops being recognized by my PC. Explorer also has it labeled as a 7.27TB harddrive when...
  10. Encrypted Harddrives and OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Encrypted Harddrives and OneDrive: I currently have a desktop successfully syncing with a laptop via Onedrive. Can I encrypt the desktop's and laptop's hard-drives and still sync successfully to OneDrive? Thanks for your help! 64794