Windows 10: Onedrive file change detection

Discus and support Onedrive file change detection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can someone help me in understand how onedrive detects when a file is changed? E.g. from modification date/time? size? I have a crypting sw... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AngleWink, Sep 16, 2019.

1. AngleWink Win User

Onedrive file change detection

Can someone help me in understand how onedrive detects when a file is changed?

E.g. from modification date/time? size?

I have a crypting sw (Veracrypt) which creates a file which contains a virtual volume. The size is predetermines (e.g. 5 MB), and within it this file seems unmodified (in terms of date/dite and size) even if you modify the crypted content. I think CRC only can detect a modification.

:)

AngleWink, Sep 16, 2019
  2. simrick Win User

Trojan Detected in OneDrive

Can I just make an observation here?

From your pic, it appears that the executable OneDrive.exe has been flagged as a virus. This sounds like a FP (false positive) to me.

I would suggest you upload that file to VirusTotal website and see what comes up there.

I have the same file on my system in the same location and it's 536KB. I do not use OneDrive on this particular machine.

I do not think you are infected with anything. Did TDSSKiller find anything on that file?

simrick, Sep 16, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 16, 2019
  4. Onedrive file change detection

Trojan Detected in OneDrive

The odd thing is I don't even use OneDrive except to automatically upload photos from my Android phone to my desktop; nothing has been detected on the phone.
    I've run another full scan with Bitdefender and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (free) without any further detection.
    Was just wondering if there might be other steps I need to carryout to be sure nothing spreads? Thanks!

Onedrive file change detection [​IMG]

fracking4oil, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

Onedrive file change detection

1. Onedrive file change detection - Similar Threads - Onedrive file change

2. OneDrive File and Folder Overlay Changes Constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive File and Folder Overlay Changes Constantly: We have an AVD Windows 10 environment. Within my environment OneDrive is constantly refreshing the icon overlays. The files will go from No icon, Green Check, gray X, Sharing icon, Blue Cloud, Short Cut. Sometime this refreshing of the icons happens once but then other times...
  3. OneDrive File and Folder Overlay Changes Constantly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive File and Folder Overlay Changes Constantly: We have an AVD Windows 10 environment. Within my environment OneDrive is constantly refreshing the icon overlays. The files will go from No icon, Green Check, gray X, Sharing icon, Blue Cloud, Short Cut. Sometime this refreshing of the icons happens once but then other times...
  4. Onedrive corrupts files by changing file names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive corrupts files by changing file names: This needs to be fixed by Microsoft ASAP, this is the second time I have faced this problem and has cost me days to restore all my files:Onedrive was not synching anymore this happens every so often and the advice that microsoft gives is to reset onedrive. I followed these...
  5. Onedrive corrupts files by changing file names

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive corrupts files by changing file names: This needs to be fixed by Microsoft ASAP, this is the second time I have faced this problem and has cost me days to restore all my files:Onedrive was not synching anymore this happens every so often and the advice that microsoft gives is to reset onedrive. I followed these...
  6. Onedrive - We detected a virus in this file and stopped syncing it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive - We detected a virus in this file and stopped syncing it: Hello- Recently my onedrive has been giving me the following error on my WINDOWS 10 Pro computer: [ATTACH] These are old profile files I had from a backup I did a long time ago. I have scanned them with two different virus scanners and one malware scanner with...
  7. Change default OneDrive screenshot file format

in Windows 10 Support
    Change default OneDrive screenshot file format: Good morning all, Whenever I use the PrtSc key a screen shot is automatically saved to my OneDrive. I really like that feature. The file format is PNG though. Is there a way to force the screen shots being saved as a JPG instead ? All help and suggestions will be...
  8. OneDrive changed my file locations??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneDrive changed my file locations??: I reinstalled Win 10 recently and stupidly signed into OneDrive during the setup process. As soon as I transferred over my backed-up files, they all immediately began to upload to OneDrive. No matter how many times I unlinked my computer from OneDrive, it kept relinking...
  9. Malwarebytes does not detect change in hosts file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes does not detect change in hosts file: I made a change in my hosts file myself, in order to block Google ads. Windows Defender immediately gave a warning. A scan with Malwarebytes free did not give any notice. Remarkable. 57755
  10. Trojan Detected in OneDrive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trojan Detected in OneDrive: The odd thing is I don't even use OneDrive except to automatically upload photos from my Android phone to my desktop; nothing has been detected on the phone. I've run another full scan with Bitdefender and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (free) without any further detection. Was...