Windows 10: OneDrive File is replaced by an older version.

Discus and support OneDrive File is replaced by an older version. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi,I have a coding file I was working on that is saved to my school's OneDrive account/computer. In order to work on it at home, I synced my school... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Robert L. Eberly, May 21, 2023.

1. OneDrive File is replaced by an older version.

Hi,I have a coding file I was working on that is saved to my school's OneDrive account/computer. In order to work on it at home, I synced my school OneDrive account with my home computer.After doing so, an older version of that file appeared, even though I worked on and saved that file on the same day on the school computer.Just looking for a fix for this - Thanks!

:)

Robert L. Eberly, May 21, 2023

2. File replaced with a older version on Onedrive

Where are the results of the steps I asked you to perform?

If there are no older files in OneDrive where the file is stored, then how could it have been replaced with an older version?

Is it possible the later version was not saved? Do you have auto-save turned on?

I asked you about Previous Versions. Is it turned on, yes or no?

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020, May 21, 2023
  3. File replaced with a older version on Onedrive

I had a spreadsheet called carton list on Onedrive and on the 22nd of march it got replace with a older version of the spreadsheet. How can I recover the newer copy. I have no backups.

charles crutcher, May 21, 2023
  4. OneDrive File is replaced by an older version.

OneDrive File is replaced by an older version.

Hello! My name is Cristiano. I'm an Independent Advisor. I'm glad to help you.

Please:

>> Make sure that the OneDrive folder on your home computer is properly configured and syncing with your school account. Sync errors can occur, resulting in outdated files being copied over.

>> OneDrive keeps a version history of your files, allowing you to restore previous versions. Right-click on the file in question, choose "Version history," and see if the latest version is available. If it is, you can restore it to replace the older version.

>> Double-check that you saved the file with the changes you made on the school computer before syncing. If the changes weren't saved properly, the older version may have been the last saved version on your school's OneDrive account.

>> If the above steps don't resolve the issue, reach out to your school's IT support team for further assistance. They can investigate the synchronization problem and help recover the latest version of your file.

Hope this helps!

Cristiano Rocha1, May 21, 2023
Thema:

OneDrive File is replaced by an older version.

1. OneDrive File is replaced by an older version. - Similar Threads - OneDrive File replaced

2. OneDrive File is replaced by an older version.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive File is replaced by an older version.: Hi,I have a coding file I was working on that is saved to my school's OneDrive account/computer. In order to work on it at home, I synced my school OneDrive account with my home computer.After doing so, an older version of that file appeared, even though I worked on and saved...
  3. OneDrive File is replaced by an older version.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive File is replaced by an older version.: Hi,I have a coding file I was working on that is saved to my school's OneDrive account/computer. In order to work on it at home, I synced my school OneDrive account with my home computer.After doing so, an older version of that file appeared, even though I worked on and saved...
  4. File replaced with a older version on Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File replaced with a older version on Onedrive: I had a spreadsheet called carton list on Onedrive and on the 22nd of march it got replace with a older version of the spreadsheet. How can I recover the newer copy. I have no backups....
  5. File replaced with a older version on Onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File replaced with a older version on Onedrive: I had a spreadsheet called carton list on Onedrive and on the 22nd of march it got replace with a older version of the spreadsheet. How can I recover the newer copy. I have no backups....
  6. File replaced with a older version on Onedrive

7. Replacing the default MS Paint with an older version (Revisited)

Replacing the default MS Paint with an older version (Revisited): Okay, So I have taken a 12 y.o. SONY VAIO laptop, slapped in a new SSD and installed Windows 10 Home (updated to 20H2). I'm trying to replace the (new) default version of MS Paint with an older version as I had one on a previous (desktop) machine and I'm trying to follow...
  8. Replacing the default MS Paint with an older version

Replacing the default MS Paint with an older version: Okay, so a bit of an odd question (in 3 parts) Part 1 I DON'T like the new version of MS Paint - where the TAB doesn't tab text in a text box but flips around the text box 'handles', nor do I like the acceleration of a selection box when using the cursor keys to move a...
  9. Important files overwritten by older versions on OneDrive

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Important files overwritten by older versions on OneDrive: Hello, I keep track of some finances on an Excel spreadsheet. I save it locally in the OneDrive folder. So everything is supposed get synced with my OneDrive storage in the cloud. I did this for the last 4 to 5 years. Yesterday I had to switch my computer to a new one. I...
  10. accidentaly copied and replaced a file on onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    accidentaly copied and replaced a file on onedrive: I received an email from a colleague with an attachment. The attachment had the same name as a file that I had in my onedrive. When saved and prompted did I want to replace I agreed : I tried to look at previous versions but no info and when I restored via settings it...