Windows 10: OneDrive file structure confusion

Discus and support OneDrive file structure confusion in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello,I reset my computer and I deleted all the files from OneDrive folder and uninstalled oneDrive from Control Panel. Now the problem is I do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jems_10, Apr 30, 2022.

1. Jems_10 Win User

OneDrive file structure confusion

Hello,I reset my computer and I deleted all the files from OneDrive folder and uninstalled oneDrive from Control Panel. Now the problem is I do not have Desktop and other folders. So from my understanding, My PC was using OneDrive's 'Desktop' folder. But I do not want to use OneDrive at all. How can I change the file structure and create directory for 'Desktop', 'Documents' and all other which I deleted from OneDrive. Do Microsoft need an update for this kind of setup problem where if we do not have those basic directories in OneDrive which Windows is using and complaining if we remove them f

:)

Jems_10, Apr 30, 2022

2. folder structure of /users/... and relation to OneDrive

Some new installations of Windows 10 do not have folder in the /users/%username%/ folder or have only 1 or a few of the standard structure of 'backups, desktop, documents, downloads, pictures, music, video'. but the OneDrive folder structure is complete
    for more so. The OneDrive/documents is populated with files, but the c:/users/documents/ has no files, The 'Quick Access' list is compete and properly populated. Shall I generate the file structure in the /users/%username%/ folder? Any good articles?

Thanks. Howard

HowardSartori, Apr 30, 2022
  3. MesPia Win User
    Confused about Windows folder structure

I'm hoping someone can help clear my confusion about the Windows 10 folder structure. I will take the "Documents" folder as an example.

1. There is a Documents folder under OneDrive, which I assume is the Cloud copy of documents.
    2. There is a Documents folder under This PC, which I had thought was the on-disk copy of documents.
    3. But then I discovered a Documents folder under "This PC>OS (COneDrive file structure confusion :)>Users>user_name, which appears to be the real on-disk folder, but it was empty.
    So what is "This PC>Documents"?

MesPia, Apr 30, 2022
  4. OneDrive file structure confusion

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 30, 2022
Thema:

OneDrive file structure confusion

1. OneDrive file structure confusion - Similar Threads - OneDrive file structure

2. confused about onedrive files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    confused about onedrive files: Hello,I am just confused about OneDrive files. I don't understand if they are also on my pc or not. I am including the storage screen shot and see if anyone can figure it out. To me it looks like they are taking space on the pc. Am I wrong? and if that is so what could I...
  3. confused about onedrive files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    confused about onedrive files: Hello,I am just confused about OneDrive files. I don't understand if they are also on my pc or not. I am including the storage screen shot and see if anyone can figure it out. To me it looks like they are taking space on the pc. Am I wrong? and if that is so what could I...
  4. OneDrive file structure confusion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive file structure confusion: Hello,I reset my computer and I deleted all the files from OneDrive folder and uninstalled oneDrive from Control Panel. Now the problem is I do not have Desktop and other folders. So from my understanding, My PC was using OneDrive's 'Desktop' folder. But I do not want to use...
  5. OneDrive file structure confusion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive file structure confusion: Hello,I reset my computer and I deleted all the files from OneDrive folder and uninstalled oneDrive from Control Panel. Now the problem is I do not have Desktop and other folders. So from my understanding, My PC was using OneDrive's 'Desktop' folder. But I do not want to use...
  6. Onedrive Confusion

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Onedrive Confusion: When I log in to my OneDrive Account page on the web I am informed that I have a 365 Family account. I recently upgraded from Individual to Family. When I open my OneDrive folder on my Windows 10 Computer I am told that I have a 365 Individual account. How do I update my...
  7. OneDrive Has Taken Over The File Structure!

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Has Taken Over The File Structure!: My son just got a new Win10 machine and got himself set up on it. Today, I went to help him with a software install and I saw that OneDrive has sort of taken over things! Folders on the desktop have little cloud icons (or x's, or updating icons), some folders can't be deleted...
  8. Windows 10 - System Drives & File Structure Confusion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - System Drives & File Structure Confusion: Good Afternoon All, I have 3 questions I would really appreciate any support with. My PC Bought from a friend a couple of years back is still fantastic but I have issues in my other posts sorry My questions are: 1. Why do I have several disk spaces C, F and G drive? I...
  9. Confused about Windows folder structure

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Confused about Windows folder structure: I'm hoping someone can help clear my confusion about the Windows 10 folder structure. I will take the "Documents" folder as an example. There is a Documents folder under OneDrive, which I assume is the Cloud copy of documents. There is a Documents folder under This PC,...
  10. OneDrive confusion

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive confusion: Shortly after installing this Win 10 PC over a year ago I removed/disabled its default OneDrive. I regarded it as redundant as I have a Dropbox Pro account. Dropbox - OneDrive-Disabled-1.jpg I've belatedly noticed today that I have about 1,500 files (3 GB) in several...