Windows 10: OneDrive files appears twice in the File Explorer

Discus and support OneDrive files appears twice in the File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; At some point in recent days my File Explorer has listed all my files in the OneDrive folder twice, i.e., the OneDrive folder and its contents is shown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lionel Beck, Apr 6, 2022.

1. OneDrive files appears twice in the File Explorer

At some point in recent days my File Explorer has listed all my files in the OneDrive folder twice, i.e., the OneDrive folder and its contents is shown twice. The files are not duplicates or copies, because I experimented by deleting some files from one list, to the Recycle Bin and found that the files were now missing from the second list. I then tried copying a file from one list and pasting it to the second list, which resulted in a message telling me that the source and destination were the same. So I'm puzzled as to how or why this happened. Can someone tell what I should do about it pl

:)

Lionel Beck, Apr 6, 2022
  2. jimbo45 Win User

File explorer shows EXTENAL USB volumes TWICE

Hi there

Anybody else get the problem of external USB volumes appearing TWICE in the file explorer list (Build 9860).

OneDrive files appears twice in the File Explorer [​IMG]

Not a show stopper but annoying.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 6, 2022
  3. ColMac Win User
    External disk appearing twice in Explorer

Hope someone can help me.

I have 2 external disks - labelled M & N which I use for backups.

When they are connected however, they appear twice in Explorer

Attachment 240106

This is very confusing especially as they are listed so close to each other - as N can appear above M! When expanded it is even more confusing.

Right clicking doesn't appear to offer any solutions to hide the "extra" entry. As I don't know what this effect is called, Googling is just about impossible.

Can anyone suggest why they are appearing twice, and whether I can hide the second entry.

Thanks

Colin

ColMac, Apr 6, 2022
  4. OneDrive files appears twice in the File Explorer

File Explorer shows NAS twice

Hi Fred,

Shared folders or libraries appear on the File Explorer by design. Try following these steps and see how it goes:

1. Open File Explorer.
    2. Select the library where you want to remove a folder.
    3. Tap or click the Library Tools tab, and then tap or click
      Manage
      library.
    4. In the dialog box that appears, select the folder you want to remove, tap or click
      Remove, and then tap or click OK.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Adrianne Buc, Apr 6, 2022
Thema:

OneDrive files appears twice in the File Explorer

1. OneDrive files appears twice in the File Explorer - Similar Threads - OneDrive files appears

2. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files in File Explorer will not appear: I have windows 10 on my laptop. Recently, I have been trying to view, move and copy my files in File Explorer. Most of these files are on a USB flash drive, but sometimes when I try to view them, nothing appears in the folder. At the same time, in the path bar at the top of...
  3. Desktop appears twice in navigation pane of File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop appears twice in navigation pane of File Explorer: I recently upgraded from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro v22H2. The Desktop is shown twice in the navigation pane of File Explorer. Also, the same folders on my Desktop are shown twice in the navigation pane. see screen clip below. Can this be changed so that the Desktop is...
  4. Desktop appears twice in navigation pane of File Explorer

Desktop appears twice in navigation pane of File Explorer: I recently upgraded from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro v22H2. The Desktop is shown twice in the navigation pane of File Explorer. Also, the same folders on my Desktop are shown twice in the navigation pane. see screen clip below. Can this be changed so that the Desktop is...
  5. OneDrive files not appearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive files not appearing: I am having a sudden issue with OneDrive which I have been using for years. This is a new laptop, but onedrive has been working just fine for the first two weeks.Suddenly OneDrive started downloading ALL of my files onto my laptop which is way too big for my laptop. I had to...
  6. OneDrive files not appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive files not appearing: I am having a sudden issue with OneDrive which I have been using for years. This is a new laptop, but onedrive has been working just fine for the first two weeks.Suddenly OneDrive started downloading ALL of my files onto my laptop which is way too big for my laptop. I had to...
  7. OneDrive files not appearing

8. OneDrive files appears twice in the File Explorer

OneDrive files appears twice in the File Explorer: At some point in recent days my File Explorer has listed all my files in the OneDrive folder twice, i.e., the OneDrive folder and its contents is shown twice. The files are not duplicates or copies, because I experimented by deleting some files from one list, to the Recycle...
  9. OneDrive files appears twice in the File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive files appears twice in the File Explorer: At some point in recent days my File Explorer has listed all my files in the OneDrive folder twice, i.e., the OneDrive folder and its contents is shown twice. The files are not duplicates or copies, because I experimented by deleting some files from one list, to the Recycle...
  10. File Explorer opens twice

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer opens twice: for the last few days, the explorer closes and reopen itself immediately. this happens both on my Home PC and Work PC. anybody experiencing this too? see screenshot: Explorer opening twice (when locating a file) (from reddit) 25002