Windows 10: OneDrive files completely BROKEN

Discus and support OneDrive files completely BROKEN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I notice that my SSD space is still around 50 to 60 Gb ever since I started using OneDrive so this means nothing was deleted which is good news,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Thombus, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Thombus Win User

OneDrive files completely BROKEN

I notice that my SSD space is still around 50 to 60 Gb ever since I started using OneDrive so this means nothing was deleted which is good news, however, I want the files on OneDrive back to the original location - that being "This PC". But for some god-forsaking reason it takes forever to copy paste the files back because the whole thing is 35 something Gb!! Documents. Is it just me, or is anyone else find OneDrive utterly confusing and awful? There is not a single tutorial online that explains how to get your files back to the original location. Or does everyone have to wait like some 20 or so hours for it to be copy-pasted??? Now, whenever I click on documents under "This PC" I see nothing but a stupid link to the OneDrive folder. HOW DO I REVERT TO PRE-ONE DRIVE DIRECTORY??? WHERE ARE THE TUTORIALS??? DID MICROSOFT EVEN THINK ABOUT USER EXPERIENCE PRIOR TO DEVELOPING THIS PIECE OF ****??? AND THERE ISN'T EVEN A CATEGORY FOR "ONEDRIVE"!!! SO I'M GUESSING I SELECT WINDOWS???

Seriously, you guys need to stop assuming that everyone will just magically understand every setting/component of your god damn software.

:)

Thombus, Aug 21, 2020

2. File History Not Backing Up OneDrive Local Files

Hi Neil,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding OneDrive on your Windows 10 computer may be caused by some files or components that are broken or missing on the system or the program is not syncing properly. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you follow
    the steps provided in this article on how to fix OneDrive sync
    problems
    . Once you’re on the page, you may expand the
    Windows
    option, and then proceed with the steps to complete the process. After completing the steps, you may check if the issue persists.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Aug 21, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 21, 2020
  4. OneDrive files completely BROKEN

Onedrive uploads not happening - clocking but no upload

Hi Rohn,

The issue that you’ve encountered uploading your files to OneDrive may be caused by some files or components that are broken or missing on the system. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this article on how to
    fix OneDrive sync problems. Once you’re on the
    page, you may expand and proceed with the steps in each option under the
    Fix sync issues with the new OneDrive personal sync client
    section, and then complete the process. After completing the given steps, you may check if the issue persists.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive files completely BROKEN

1. OneDrive files completely BROKEN - Similar Threads - OneDrive files completely

2. Authenticator completely broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Authenticator completely broken: What is going on with authenticator?? We already have an issue that has gone on for a year where our passwords will NEVER sync between devices, now after an update Windows Hello has completely disappeared and we are forced to login or use keys. Using keys on our other devices...
  3. Authenticator completely broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Authenticator completely broken: What is going on with authenticator?? We already have an issue that has gone for year where our passwords will NEVER sync between devices, now after an update Windows Hello has completely disappeared and we are forced to login or use keys. Using keys on our other devices...
  4. Onedrive broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive broken: The onedrive app the comes with the Windows system stopped working. When I click it in the system tray, it just opens a blank white box. When I copy new files into Onedrive, it says uploading 1 file at 0kb/s. How can I fix this?...
  5. Onedrive broken

Onedrive broken: The onedrive app the comes with the Windows system stopped working. When I click it in the system tray, it just opens a blank white box. When I copy new files into Onedrive, it says uploading 1 file at 0kb/s. How can I fix this?...
  6. File Explorer Completely Broken on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Completely Broken on Windows 11: I am having critical problems operating File Explorer on my Windows 11 Laptop. The specs are good enough to dismiss slow hardware as a problem. Could anyone give a solution to the problem? Here are the details:The Problem:- Windows Explorer hangs almost indefinitely until the...
  7. File Explorer Completely Broken on Windows 11

File Explorer Completely Broken on Windows 11: I am having critical problems operating File Explorer on my Windows 11 Laptop. The specs are good enough to dismiss slow hardware as a problem. Could anyone give a solution to the problem? Here are the details:The Problem:- Windows Explorer hangs almost indefinitely until the...
  8. Windows is completely broken.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is completely broken.: Last week my pc crashed and kept crashing with 5 different codes each time. IO1 error, stop_watch error or something like that, system32 errors. And it’s funny cause I’ve reinstalled windows 2 damn times, one of them wiping my m.2 and hard drive. After updating it a second...
  9. WiFi completely broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi completely broken: Now I have no fucking clue what could be causing this, but my fucking WiFi just keeps losing connection and it says "No Internet". This is not an issue on my end, not at fucking all, so don't even suggest it, because on literally any Linux Distro I haven't encountered even a...
  10. Store is completely broken

Store is completely broken: All app pages whether app is installed or not, hangs on the loading dots in the middle of the page with no option to launch the app or download a new one. And there is an app that I know is installed, it says "this app needs to be installed on your internal drive" ..sometimes...