Windows 10: OneDrive files contain ransomware

Discus and support OneDrive files contain ransomware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, my OneDrive is a basic one (OneDrive Basis 5GB-Storage only). When I opened it in my ransomware-infected laptop, I found some files on OneDrive... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kathleen4287, Sep 6, 2019.

1. OneDrive files contain ransomware

Hello, my OneDrive is a basic one (OneDrive Basis 5GB-Storage only). When I opened it in my ransomware-infected laptop, I found some files on OneDrive were also infected. In this case when an OneDrive file contains ransomware, will all other files in it be also infected?
    Besides, my laptop is clean now (after reinstalling and formatting). If I open OneDrive containing infected files on my laptop, will the ransomware spread to my laptop again?
    Is there any solutions to recover OneDrive files, and prevent my laptop from being re-infected?

:)

Kathleen4287, Sep 6, 2019

2. How can my files on onedrive get corrupted by a ransomware attack?

US-CERT Alert (TA13-309A) advises some crypto malware variants have the ability to target, find and encrypt files located within
    network drives, shared (mapped network paths), USB drives, external hard drives, and even
    files stored on cloud services (cloud storage drives) if they have a drive letter. Although cloud backups typically do not use drive letters, many cloud storage services do not save prior file versions so there’s no way to revert to a clean
    file version.

OneDrive is Microsoft's
    free data hosting cloud service
    that allows users to sync files and later access them from a web browser or mobile device. I do not use OneDrive, but from what I understand the source data (like

GoogleDrive
    ) resides locally in the OneDrive folder. If that gets encrypted by ransomware, it will get encrypted in the Cloud service as well since it gets automatically synchronized. However, according to Microsoft, OneDrive
    has the capability to restore files affected by ransomware by using Version History or restoring from the OneDrive Recycle Bin...see

OneDrive vs. Ransomware
    which includes links with instructions for recovering OneDrive-based files using Version History and the OneDrive Recycle Bin.

quietman7 - MVP, Sep 6, 2019
  3. Smeed Win User
  4. Brink Win User

OneDrive files contain ransomware

OneDrive Files Restore and Windows Defender ransomware protection

Source: OneDrive Files Restore and Windows Defender takes ransomware protection one step further - Microsoft Tech Community - 188001

Brink, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive files contain ransomware

1. OneDrive files contain ransomware - Similar Threads - OneDrive files contain

2. Deadbolt Ransomware encrypted all my Onedrive files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deadbolt Ransomware encrypted all my Onedrive files: All my files in OneDrive have been infected by Deadlock Ransomware, is it possible to get the files restored with the backup from last 20days? Is it possible? how to request it?...
  3. COOL Ransomware and the file overwrite my onedrive files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    COOL Ransomware and the file overwrite my onedrive files: Greetings, Recently my computer was hit by cool ransomware and encrypt all of my files. I was shocked that my onedrive keep syncing those file and overwrite the backups.Is there any way to restore it? Thank you...
  4. Ransomware OneDrive.

Ransomware OneDrive.: All my OneDrive files are encrypted by a ransomware attack. What can I do to get them back?Moved from: [PT-BR] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/ransomware-onedrive/9e01a534-fa45-4e8f-81d7-2af5dc00789a
  5. Microsoft Onedrive storage and ransomware.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Microsoft Onedrive storage and ransomware.: I use Onedrive cloud storage (v 2021, build 21.129.0627.0002, 64-bit) through MS 365 to store backups from my Windows 10 PC (v 21H1, build 19043.1110). Only in rare circumstances do I exit Onedrive while my PC is up. I use a good antivirus package and have never been affected...
  6. Recover files on Onedrive encrypted by ransomware

Recover files on Onedrive encrypted by ransomware: Some of my files on Onedrive can't be opened due to being encrypted by ransomware. They've been added .iqll. It may be a kind of Offline Key infection as I've checked them using EmisoftMy Onedrive account is a 365 Education one. Are there any ways to recover/repair those...
  7. Is OneDrive a ransomware product?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is OneDrive a ransomware product?: Hi all, I am incredibly frustrated with OneDrive and Microsoft for asking me if I want to connect to OneDrive, which seemed like a good idea at the time, so I did it, and now I don't have access to my own document management. I know MS wants me to purchase more space on...
  8. Save your files to OneDrive for expanded ransomware protection

in Windows 10 News
    Save your files to OneDrive for expanded ransomware protection: If you want an additional layer of protection from ransomware, try saving your files in OneDrive. It’s part of the new experiences that arrived with the Windows 10 April 2018 Update. Here’s how it works: If a ransomware threat is found on a device, Windows Defender will...
  9. Windows Defender - Ransomware on Onedrive

Windows Defender - Ransomware on Onedrive: Anyone else seen this ... just showed up on my desktop today after a reboot. WDSC under Virus & Threat Protection it had Setup One Drive or Dismiss. I clicked Setup One Drive (which is already setup) ... just to see what it was and all it did was ask me to sign in to One...
  10. OneDrive Files Restore and Windows Defender ransomware protection

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive Files Restore and Windows Defender ransomware protection: At the beginning of April, OneDrive announced new protection capabilities that offer Office 365 Home and Office 365 Personal subscribers additional peace of mind including the ability to recover files from malicious attacks like ransomware and new tools to help keep your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. will files in onedrive folder synced to pc will gett affected by ransomware?