Windows 10: OneDrive - Files Deleted When Reinstalling Windows?

Discus and support OneDrive - Files Deleted When Reinstalling Windows? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, After several months trying to cure a problem with updating Windows 10, and failing, I have decided to bite the bullet and rebuild Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Andy, Aug 4, 2021.

1. Andy Win User

OneDrive - Files Deleted When Reinstalling Windows?

Hi all, After several months trying to cure a problem with updating Windows 10, and failing, I have decided to bite the bullet and rebuild Windows using the Media Creation Tool. For some reason the tool will not let me keep my apps and files - it says Windows may be installed in an incorrect folder, which it isn't, it's C:\Windows - but hey ho, I have backups and it won't be too much hassle to restore the apps. But then we come to OneDrive. My question is: if the MCT wipes everything, which is my only option, will this delete my OneDrive files? Will they be removed from the Cloud when the MCT scrubs everything? And if so, is there a way to prevent it happening? Any thoughts about this would be gratefully appreciated. Many thanks . Windows 10, build 20279-201209-1322

:)

Andy, Aug 4, 2021
  2. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Aug 4, 2021
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 4, 2021
  4. Easo Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Can we have rant-less version, please?

Easo, Aug 4, 2021
Thema:

1. OneDrive - Files Deleted When Reinstalling Windows? - Similar Threads - OneDrive Files Deleted

2. Error when I try to delete a OneDrive file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when I try to delete a OneDrive file: Hi, I was just setting up my new computer, but when I tried to alter a file synced to my new desktop from my OneDrive, I got this error message:Error 0x8007016A: The cloud provider is not running.Does anyone what might be causing this error, and how I might be able to fix...
  3. Error when I try to delete a OneDrive file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when I try to delete a OneDrive file: Hi, I was just setting up my new computer, but when I tried to alter a file synced to my new desktop from my OneDrive, I got this error message:Error 0x8007016A: The cloud provider is not running.Does anyone what might be causing this error, and how I might be able to fix...
  4. Deleting files on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting files on OneDrive: I deleted two Microsoft Word documents in the OneDrive Desktop folder. I exited the folder but the files are still there - but I can't open, rename, hide or delete them, only move their location on the Desktop screen, because the 'file location wasn't found'. Help - what do I...
  5. Deleting files on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting files on OneDrive: I deleted two Microsoft Word documents in the OneDrive Desktop folder. I exited the folder but the files are still there - but I can't open, rename, hide or delete them, only move their location on the Desktop screen, because the 'file location wasn't found'. Help - what do I...
  6. Deleting files on OneDrive

7. [OneDrive] Remove files immediately when deleted

[OneDrive] Remove files immediately when deleted: Howdy!I work from home. The office adds files into "my" folder a subfolder of the wider OneDrive used by work, which is the only one I can access from home. When I finish working on the files, they're transferred out of my folder. Every time it's transferred out, it's...
  8. OneDrive and File Deletion

OneDrive and File Deletion: On Windows 10, using MS File Explorer to elete a file that is in a directory where the settings are set to keep a copy on the pC and on OneDrive. Whe I delete some files, I get this message which makes me suspecious that there is something wrong. This only started a week...
  9. Onedrive folder/file deletion

Onedrive folder/file deletion: Had this issue before today's cum update and still there. Local folders created within the default folders (Docs, Pictures, etc) can't be deleted and files within can't be either. If files is in a default folder vs a personally created sub-folder, they behave normally and I...
  10. Deleting files in OneDrive

Deleting files in OneDrive: I have a lot of files I want to delete, and it is easier to do on the desktop than on the web. I have multiple images that are not local, but I have the icons showing. When I delete them, they download before they will delete which takes an inordinate amount of time. Is there...