Windows 10: OneDrive files erased after reset

Discus and support OneDrive files erased after reset in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I built a new computer today and reused the same SSD from my last one, and after booting into Windows I did a full reset to start over fresh. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DryScience9, Dec 12, 2020.

1. OneDrive files erased after reset

I built a new computer today and reused the same SSD from my last one, and after booting into Windows I did a full reset to start over fresh. But before I did that I moved a few files over into the OneDrive documents folder that had been syncing from that PC. After the reset those files are all gone, no trace of them left, not even in the OneDrive trash. Is this expected? Did it just tie those files to the old PC? Or does the full reset process wack those directories? I can still see that device in my account so I feel like the files should be there somewhere.

submitted by /u/DryScience9
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DryScience9, Dec 12, 2020
  2. tfwul Win User

OneDrive not running - reset won't work - how to get latest version?

Thanks for the suggestion.
    The reason why I wanted to do a reset or re-install is to indeed get OneDrive in that list. Currently it isn't.

tfwul, Dec 12, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 12, 2020
  4. p_o_s_pc Win User

OneDrive files erased after reset

Finally! An alternative to eraser...

it looks much cleaner then the eraser so that is a big step up.

p_o_s_pc, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive files erased after reset

1. OneDrive files erased after reset - Similar Threads - OneDrive files erased

2. Data erased after pc reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Data erased after pc reset: I wanted to know that after pc reset on windows 10 I selected to retain my files. So does files on my desktop and downloads folder gets deleted? Also if it gets deleted is there any way to get those files back after resetting?...
  3. Data erased after pc reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data erased after pc reset: I wanted to know that after pc reset on windows 10 I selected to retain my files. So does files on my desktop and downloads folder gets deleted? Also if it gets deleted is there any way to get those files back after resetting?...
  4. Data erased after pc reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to save erased files from Onedrive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to save erased files from Onedrive?: first at all, english isnt my native language but i need help. i wanted to free up space from onedrive so i deleted one of the backups of my folders, few minutes later i search this folder in pc and i didnt found it, how could i recover it? submitted by /u/Willigm23...
  6. Files after pc reset despite OneDrive gone?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files after pc reset despite OneDrive gone?: Hello out there, I have reset my pc after some problems on my pc. When I logged in again after I made it new, I pressed Use OneDrive. Some files have arrived, but a very important table where costs etc. were listed is no longer there. How can I get them back :| please help me...
  7. erasing files and folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    erasing files and folders: I am trying to erase all my files and folders, Windows 10 advice does not work. It stops half way through ;reset; Are there any apps that will do the job https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erasing-files-and-folders/226fa19a-6957-41cf-b19e-48ce44ba641e
  8. OneDrive & Erasing All Data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive & Erasing All Data: I'm planning on erasing all data here sometime soon, all my important files are stored in the OneDrive folder. If I'm am to purposely erase everything, will that include the erasing OneDrive data on Windows 10? I just don't want to make an accidental mistake and not have...
  9. Windows Files erased after System restore.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Files erased after System restore.: Hi. I recently updated my windows to the latest insider preview build. I was supposed to update to the next release by 12 th December. But the updates failed to install and my windows is due to expire 14th December. I asked the technical support and received support from 2...
  10. Refresh erasing files.

in Windows 10 Support
    Refresh erasing files.: Hello everyone! I hope this is the correct section to post this, so here goes. Recently, i installed windows 10 pro on a computer and noticed that if i pinned anything on start menu(right hand side tiles) start menu would freeze, close and reopen with default icon locations...