Windows 10: OneDrive files in Setting-Storage----What's the purpose.

Discus and support OneDrive files in Setting-Storage----What's the purpose. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have about 50 folders and use 97GB of space on OneDrive online.My laptop currently is running low on space. I deleted temp folders, but going in to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tribexx, Jan 12, 2023.

1. tribexx Win User

OneDrive files in Setting-Storage----What's the purpose.

I have about 50 folders and use 97GB of space on OneDrive online.My laptop currently is running low on space. I deleted temp folders, but going in to Settings->Storage, there are 25GB of space used by OneDrive. My laptop only shows about 15 of my OneDrive folders. Can I free up this 25GB?Should I?How can I?Anyway to turn it off.Thanks for any help.

:)

tribexx, Jan 12, 2023

2. OneDrive - Is it possible to use OneDrive as the default position to save files in Android phones?

Hello again Marco, if I understand the question correctly can you save items on your devices directly to Onedrive instead of your phone's optional internal storage?

If that is the question, sadly, it's not possible.

OneDrive's purpose is to be Cloud Space to back up files and collaboration, not as the primary storage device.

A third party app like the one I suggested could be used to copy files from the Android device's built-in storage automatically to Onedrive, but the use of the device's internal storage is mandatory.

Omoikane1122, Jan 12, 2023
  3. Frick Win User
    Cloud storage (aka Onedrive will suck so need to find something else)

So, I will have to move away from Onedrive, which is sad because it's frankly the best free cloud storage I know of. But as someone said: "Microsoft realized they accidentaly made a great service." and they'll change it so that starting soon this will happen (the things that affect me anyway):
    • 100 GB and 200 GB paid plans are going away as an option for new users and will be replaced with a 50 GB plan for $1.99 per month in early 2016.
    • Free OneDrive storage will decrease from 15 GB to 5 GB for all users, current and new. The 15 GB camera roll storage bonus will also be discontinued. These changes will start rolling out in early 2016.
    This is so much crap. I use the free version and yeah $1.99/month I probably could afford, but it still SUCKS. Seriously, I usually don't get the MS hate, but this is a poop-poop move.

So I need something new.

Dropbox is out. Too tiny. Google Drive might be an alternative, but I'd rather not, for ... reasons I can't remember right now.

What I need:
    • something like 15GB storage or so.
    • Automatic photo uploading from my phone (Android)
    • Preferably an actual app for Android (yes I know you can setup ES File Explorer and the like but that's usually pretty cumbersome)
    The simplest solution I'm actually leaning towards is just to give up and get a 100GB plan now (current 100/200GB plans will not be affected, in the future they won't be avaliable to new customers), but that's the easy way out. *Frown OneDrive files in Setting-Storage----What's the purpose. :(

Frick, Jan 12, 2023
  4. OneDrive files in Setting-Storage----What's the purpose.

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 12, 2023
Thema:

OneDrive files in Setting-Storage----What's the purpose.

1. OneDrive files in Setting-Storage----What's the purpose. - Similar Threads - OneDrive files Setting

2. What is the purpose of this device and what is it for?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the purpose of this device and what is it for?: pci\ ven_8086&dev_9a03&subsys_15391025&rev_05\ 3&11583659&0&20 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-purpose-of-this-device-and-what-is-it/392ce0a1-31e2-4d20-909f-4455ea644848
  3. What is the purpose of this device and what is it for?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the purpose of this device and what is it for?: pci\ ven_8086&dev_9a03&subsys_15391025&rev_05\ 3&11583659&0&20 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-purpose-of-this-device-and-what-is-it/392ce0a1-31e2-4d20-909f-4455ea644848
  4. OneDrive files in Setting-Storage----What's the purpose.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive files in Setting-Storage----What's the purpose.: I have about 50 folders and use 97GB of space on OneDrive online.My laptop currently is running low on space. I deleted temp folders, but going in to Settings->Storage, there are 25GB of space used by OneDrive. My laptop only shows about 15 of my OneDrive folders. Can I free...
  5. OneDrive files in Setting-Storage----What's the purpose.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive files in Setting-Storage----What's the purpose.: I have about 50 folders and use 97GB of space on OneDrive online.My laptop currently is running low on space. I deleted temp folders, but going in to Settings->Storage, there are 25GB of space used by OneDrive. My laptop only shows about 15 of my OneDrive folders. Can I free...
  6. OneDrive file storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive file storage: If I have files stored on OneDrive do I need to keep them on my computers C Drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-file-storage/9bd651a9-ca7e-4a4c-9a4a-4fc1ee91e3a7
  7. OneDrive file storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive file storage: If I have files stored on OneDrive do I need to keep them on my computers C Drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-file-storage/9bd651a9-ca7e-4a4c-9a4a-4fc1ee91e3a7
  8. What is AppVshNotify.exe and what is it’s purpose?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is AppVshNotify.exe and what is it’s purpose?: I encountered an exe file in details on Task Manager called AppVshNotify.exe, I have never seen it before but it says it’s Microsoft.I performed a virus scan and found nothing and the directory was C:/Program Files/Common Files/microsoft shared/clicktorunIs this a normal...
  9. What is the purpose of this partition?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is the purpose of this partition?: I was partitioning my 500 gb hard drive, and I saw a ~75 GB partition without a drive letter. I was wondering if I created it by accident or is it necessary for windows to run. It is shown as a primary partition unlike the important things like efi boot and recovery and is...
  10. What's the purpose of desktop.ini?

in Windows 10 Support
    What's the purpose of desktop.ini?: It has no effect on my desktop whether it's there or deleted. 56475