Windows 10: OneDrive files not accessible on my local drive

Discus and support OneDrive files not accessible on my local drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I am trying to repurpose my wife's old all-in-one for our middle schooler. I am trying to copy the files from her OneDrive to an external hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ThewlynOh, Jan 21, 2019.

1. ThewlynOh Win User

OneDrive files not accessible on my local drive

Hello.

I am trying to repurpose my wife's old all-in-one for our middle schooler. I am trying to copy the files from her OneDrive to an external hard drive. OneDrive went through the whole copy process and didn't copy a single file directly to the external drive.

So I highlighted the OneDrive contents, hit copy, then hit paste into her local Documents folder, and it seemed to copy them all ok.

However, now that they are local to the hard drive, when I try to move them to the external drive, it says "Can't read from the source file or disk". EVERY file is like this.

What am I doing wrong?

:)

ThewlynOh, Jan 21, 2019

2. OneDrive - Bait and switch (but to what?)

Yea, they just stopped giving unlimited space to Office subscribers as well. I use google drive, dropbox and I do use onedrive, but nothing major in onedrive. I read something about Amazon has that's not bad and is fairly cheap. It's called "Amazon Glacier". It's $0.007 per gigabyte per month, but it's not like google drive or onedrive. You upload your files and hours later you can get access to it. So, for backups it's not a bad solution, but if you need access to the files regularly then it wouldn't be.

Mindweaver, Jan 21, 2019
  3. Ross211 Win User
    Remote access to my (local) server's folders

But what if he tries to access this mapped drive when he is not on the same subnet of his server ?

Ross211, Jan 21, 2019
  4. OneDrive files not accessible on my local drive

Local Drive not accessing

• Local Drive not accessing

OneDrive files not accessible on my local drive cd7b6068-4a2f-4d7c-894b-bac405c2455c.png

GaneshBidve, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive files not accessible on my local drive

1. OneDrive files not accessible on my local drive - Similar Threads - OneDrive files accessible

2. Copy Onedrive files to local hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy Onedrive files to local hard drive: I was updating my windows 11 software when I ran into an error that bricked my system. I had to restore everything. I now want to copy all my files in onedrive to my PC hard drive. I like having a local copy as well as one in the cloud. Thank you...
  3. Copy Onedrive files to local hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy Onedrive files to local hard drive: I was updating my windows 11 software when I ran into an error that bricked my system. I had to restore everything. I now want to copy all my files in onedrive to my PC hard drive. I like having a local copy as well as one in the cloud. Thank you...
  4. OneDrive and Local Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive and Local Files: My local files are PC>Windows C:>Users>MyName>OneDrive>Documents.I want to be able to select PC and have my local files appear under Documents and still sync with OneDrive. I am concerned if I change the path I will have multiple files everywhere. How do I make that...
  5. OneDrive and Local Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive and Local Files: My local files are PC>Windows C:>Users>MyName>OneDrive>Documents.I want to be able to select PC and have my local files appear under Documents and still sync with OneDrive. I am concerned if I change the path I will have multiple files everywhere. How do I make that...
  6. OneDrive and local file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive and local file: Hello, So all my files are usually backed up onto Onedrive or some other storage cloud. But my laptop is running low on space so I want to clear them from my laptop's local storage space to free up some space. Is it possible to delete files from my laptop without deleting...
  7. OneDrive and Local Files

OneDrive and Local Files: I cannot seem to stop this. It appears everything under THIS PC Documents, Photos, Music, etc. show both local files and OneDrive files. It gets confusing and sometimes I can't really tell but some save directly to OneDrive. How do I:Have ONLY files that are on the Local disk...
  8. Access files cached locally in OneDrive for Business

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Access files cached locally in OneDrive for Business: Hi Community! I have left my old company and I would like to know if there is a way to access the files I had stored in OneDrive for Business? I can see/explore the files in OneDrive synced and stored on my personal machine but cannot open them due to permission restraints....
  9. can't access file directory in my local D drive

can't access file directory in my local D drive: I'm trying install a certain program in a file directory that's in my local d Drive that is separate from my c drive, but every time I try to run the set up it gives me an error saying, set up failed to create file directory error 5: Access denied. would really need help on...
  10. Onedrive local files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Onedrive local files: All of my Onedrive folders/files are set to "read-only". I went to properties on the Onedrive folder and cleared the checkmark on the read-only box. Applied the change to all floders/files. It appeared to go through all of them, but when I looked at any of the files they...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive folder not accessible

2. one drive files are not accessable

3. onedrive folder is not accessible

4. old onedrive folder not acessible,
  5. OneDrive file not accessible,
  6. one drive folder not accessible,
  7. how to open onedrive in local drive,
  8. onedrive folder not system accessible,
  9. onedrive in local account not highlighted,
  10. old onedrive folder not accessible