Windows 10: OneDrive files not appearing

Discus and support OneDrive files not appearing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am having a sudden issue with OneDrive which I have been using for years. This is a new laptop, but onedrive has been working just fine for the first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Maxime CP, May 8, 2022.

1. Maxime CP Win User

OneDrive files not appearing

I am having a sudden issue with OneDrive which I have been using for years. This is a new laptop, but onedrive has been working just fine for the first two weeks.Suddenly OneDrive started downloading ALL of my files onto my laptop which is way too big for my laptop. I had to go and change the sync settings and restrict what was being downloaded. Since then, I can ONLY see the files and folders that I select to sync and download. I cannot see or access any other Onedrive file through Windows Explorer. To download anything else from OneDrive, I now have to go to the website and download it man

:)

Maxime CP, May 8, 2022

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 8, 2022
  3. All text files appear corrupted

This appears to be some type of crypto malware at first glance. There are methods of removal and recovery available, but there are many variants of such malware. I would suggest to stop using your computer immediately and have the hard drive serviced by an experienced IT repair professional.

You may be able to recover older versions of your files in OneDrive that are not corrupted following these steps provided by Microsoft.

DontCopyThatFloppy, May 8, 2022
  4. OneDrive files not appearing

Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, May 8, 2022
Thema:

OneDrive files not appearing

1. OneDrive files not appearing - Similar Threads - OneDrive files appearing

2. Onedrive files appearing on onedrive.com, but don't show on icon.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive files appearing on onedrive.com, but don't show on icon.: Hello. I can find my files when I open onedrive.com in my browser, but when I click on the onedrive icon in the task bar and try and view the files, they are not there. How do I fix this?Stuart...
  3. OneDrive no longer appears in the navigation pane of File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive no longer appears in the navigation pane of File Explorer: I am running Windows 10 Pro x64, 21H2. Microsoft OneDrive came with Windows 10 and has an entry in Programs and Features in the Control Panel. OneDrive from the Microsoft Store is NOT installed. For brevity therefore, Microsoft OneDrive is hereafter referred to as simply...
  4. OneDrive on Windows 11 - Does Not Appear in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive on Windows 11 - Does Not Appear in File Explorer: OneDrive appears to be successfully installed...no errors.Symptom 1 - OneDrive does not appear in File ExplorerSymptom 2 - No 'Cloud' icon in the tray or any way to access options.Symptom 3 - CAN access OneDrive folders in M365 apps Word, Excel, etc. with File -...
  5. OneDrive on Windows 11 - Does Not Appear in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive on Windows 11 - Does Not Appear in File Explorer: OneDrive appears to be successfully installed...no errors.Symptom 1 - OneDrive does not appear in File ExplorerSymptom 2 - No 'Cloud' icon in the tray or any way to access options.Symptom 3 - CAN access OneDrive folders in M365 apps Word, Excel, etc. with File -...
  6. OneDrive files not appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive files not appearing: I am having a sudden issue with OneDrive which I have been using for years. This is a new laptop, but onedrive has been working just fine for the first two weeks.Suddenly OneDrive started downloading ALL of my files onto my laptop which is way too big for my laptop. I had to...
  7. OneDrive files not appearing

OneDrive files not appearing: I am having a sudden issue with OneDrive which I have been using for years. This is a new laptop, but onedrive has been working just fine for the first two weeks.Suddenly OneDrive started downloading ALL of my files onto my laptop which is way too big for my laptop. I had to...
  8. OneDrive files appears twice in the File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive files appears twice in the File Explorer: At some point in recent days my File Explorer has listed all my files in the OneDrive folder twice, i.e., the OneDrive folder and its contents is shown twice. The files are not duplicates or copies, because I experimented by deleting some files from one list, to the Recycle...
  9. OneDrive files appears twice in the File Explorer

OneDrive files appears twice in the File Explorer: At some point in recent days my File Explorer has listed all my files in the OneDrive folder twice, i.e., the OneDrive folder and its contents is shown twice. The files are not duplicates or copies, because I experimented by deleting some files from one list, to the Recycle...
  10. OneDrive files appears twice in the File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming