Windows 10: OneDrive files not showing up in Windows File Explorer search.

Discus and support OneDrive files not showing up in Windows File Explorer search. in Cortana to solve the problem; Help would be appreciated. OneDrive tech could not help. My onedrive files and folders are not showing up when I search for them in file explorer... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by jaymaymc, Jun 30, 2020.

1. jaymaymc Win User

OneDrive files not showing up in Windows File Explorer search.

Help would be appreciated.
    OneDrive tech could not help.

My onedrive files and folders are not showing up when I search for them in file explorer windows search in the bottom task bar.
    They used to, before I moved my onedrive files to D:, which has more space. My C: is a solid state, and smaller. Except for this hiccup, OD is all working and syncing well. It's just I can't find anything without manually going in and finding a file.

Briefly, all my OD files are in the cloud, but only SOME of them are on demand on my pc as well. It's these, on demand onedrive files that I use all the time, and so need them to be easily found.
    The way I always do it is to type the first few letters of the file in the search box bottom left of taskbar, through windows.
    So I don't want another way to search for them thanks.

I have checked Onedrive on demand settings. All the files and folders I want to be available on demand are on my pc, and are 'checked' to be available on demand in One Drive.
    Unchecking and rechecking the boxes did not help. I still can't search and find a document which is on demand in onedrive through file explorer. :/

What's going wrong?
    Thankyou for your help. BTW, very simple language please, I'm NOT a tech genius... sadly.

Jenny

:)

jaymaymc, Jun 30, 2020

2. Files not showing up with File Explorer

I open File Explorer to find a file that I knew had been created at the end of March 2019. I went to the location that I was sure I had saved it to. It did not show up. I opened up a separate File Explorer and searched my entire C drive and there were
    the file that I was looking for. I looked at the location of the original search which I had not closed and it was the same as what showed up when I searched the C drive, but the file is not listed. I attempted to refresh the original search folder, thinking
    that it might update since I had found it, but the original still does not show the file. What do I do?

Terri Otley, Jun 30, 2020
  3. dark2099 Win User
    Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Jun 30, 2020
  4. OneDrive files not showing up in Windows File Explorer search.

File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive files not showing up in Windows File Explorer search.

1. OneDrive files not showing up in Windows File Explorer search. - Similar Threads - OneDrive files showing

2. File Explorer search results showing up twice.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer search results showing up twice.: For a few months now when i try to search something in file explorer pictures will show up twice after a certain date is reached. I dont know the exact date but it starts in september of 2022. This makes it very hard to navigate and search since I have a lot of pictures saved...
  3. File Explorer search results showing up twice.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer search results showing up twice.: For a few months now when i try to search something in file explorer pictures will show up twice after a certain date is reached. I dont know the exact date but it starts in september of 2022. This makes it very hard to navigate and search since I have a lot of pictures saved...
  4. Onedrive account not showing up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive account not showing up in file explorer: Hello, I am having a problem with my file explorer. I have 3 different emails I use: Personal, work, and school. They are all under my account in outlook email. I can switch from one to another easily. However, If i were in my work outlook email and tried to attach a file, it...
  5. Onedrive account not showing up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive account not showing up in file explorer: Hello, I am having a problem with my file explorer. I have 3 different emails I use: Personal, work, and school. They are all under my account in outlook email. I can switch from one to another easily. However, If i were in my work outlook email and tried to attach a file, it...
  6. Recent files in file explorer no longer show up when searching for files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recent files in file explorer no longer show up when searching for files: Previously, when I opened my file explorer, I was able to use the search box and have the option for files that I accessed yesterday, today, etc. pop up. This was convenient. Now I can only search for the files by name. Can someone tell me why this has changed and how I can...
  7. Deleted onedrive files still showing up in file explorer search

Deleted onedrive files still showing up in file explorer search: I deleted some onedrive files and also deleted them from my hard drive. Emptied the recycle bin on both ends. The files are nowhere to be found unless I search on windows 10. The file names show up but when clicked they link me to a onedrive page that says they no longer...
  8. File Explorer Doesn't Show Up in Cortana Search

File Explorer Doesn't Show Up in Cortana Search: I have a user in my organization that is having a problem with File Explorer. Before, she would be able to use the Cortana search bar, type in a few letters leading to File Explorer, and it would usually pop up as the top result. Now, it shows 7-Zip File Manager and File...
  9. OneDrive not showing up in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive not showing up in File Explorer: I have 3 machines with W10 build 1903, two with Pro and one with Home. On both the Pro machines, OneDrive shows up just before This PC. On the home machine OneDrive does not appear at all. One Drive seems to work just fine on all three machines, things that are supposed to be...
  10. Files not showing up with File Explorer

Files not showing up with File Explorer: I open File Explorer to find a file that I knew had been created at the end of March 2019. I went to the location that I was sure I had saved it to. It did not show up. I opened up a separate File Explorer and searched my entire C drive and there were the file that I was...