Windows 10: OneDrive files reinstalling on a PC after a fresh OS install

Discus and support OneDrive files reinstalling on a PC after a fresh OS install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I keep all my files in OneDrive folders. Some of the files are synced onto the PC hard drive and the rest reside in the cloud only. I plan on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jbachtel2, Dec 1, 2018.

1. jbachtel2 Win User

OneDrive files reinstalling on a PC after a fresh OS install

I keep all my files in OneDrive folders. Some of the files are synced onto the PC hard drive and the rest reside in the cloud only. I plan on replacing the Hard Drive with a SSD. I will back up all files to an external hard drive. I am also guessing the Windows Activation Key will need to be written down and reentered when installing the fresh OS. After installing the fresh OS and applications is it better to reinstall the data files from the external hard drive or have OneDrive reinstall them. There are about 110GB data files (Docs, Pics, Music and Videos). I would prefer to reinstall from the external hard drive but I don't want to create a situation that would confuse OneDrive and potentially create duplicate files either in the cloud or on the local PC hard drive.

Some process guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you for your assistance.

:)

jbachtel2, Dec 1, 2018

2. REINSTALL ONEDRIVE

Try these steps out and let me know how it goes:

• Right-click Start button, choose Run
    • Type appwiz.cpl and click OK
    • Find "Microsoft OneDrive" in the list and uninstall it
    • Restart your computer
    • Go to the
      OneDrive Download Page here
      and click the "need to reinstall?" link on the page to get the new installer
    • Let me know if the installer has any trouble this time

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Dec 1, 2018
  3. *RESOLUTION FOUND*Malwarebytes crashing on Win10 insider Bld. Rootkit related errors?

Ill try tomorrow am.
    Aside from OS reinstall, your suggestion is one of the only steps I haven't taken yet.

Im gonna get some sleep and come at this with a fresh head tomorrow

Thanks everyone

jboydgolfer, Dec 1, 2018
  4. OneDrive files reinstalling on a PC after a fresh OS install

Fresh restart of PC, now OS gone, how to reinstall using USB

Recently my computer has been running very slowly (for no apparent reason, as all my hardware, software, drivers, etc... are up to date and functional...) Anyway, I did a complete restart, meaning I erased every file my computer has ever stored in order to start fresh and hopefully solve these performance issues. However, now when I boot up my computer I am greeted with the message, "An operating system wasn't found..." So, I hopped on my Mac and downloaded Windows 10 onto a flash drive, which I then plugged into my PC. However, nothing has changed. After researching some on the Internet, I found Looking to install Windows 10 on your PC?, which told me to "press any key to boot from the USB flash drive". This did not work, and now I am here to ask you geniuses the same thing I asked Google... How do I make this work? What steps do I need to take?

Recap:

• Fresh Restart of PC (No OS, no files, no nothing).
    • Downloaded Windows 10 from Mac onto USB.
    • Plugged USB into PC.
    • Nothing's happening!!

Anything II, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

OneDrive files reinstalling on a PC after a fresh OS install

1. OneDrive files reinstalling on a PC after a fresh OS install - Similar Threads - OneDrive files reinstalling

2. Windows 11 OS - query on fresh OS installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 OS - query on fresh OS installation: My name is Sarath babu, i have query on fresh installation of windows 11 proI have migrated from Windows 10 pro, part of Microsoft upgrade offer for windows 11 pro.Now system is working fine with windows11 pro, but unable to get the updates and showing error for the 2022-07...
  3. Windows 11 OS - query on fresh OS installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 OS - query on fresh OS installation: My name is Sarath babu, i have query on fresh installation of windows 11 proI have migrated from Windows 10 pro, part of Microsoft upgrade offer for windows 11 pro.Now system is working fine with windows11 pro, but unable to get the updates and showing error for the 2022-07...
  4. BSOD after a fresh OS install.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after a fresh OS install.: Hello everyone, back again with another question.I have been having periodic blue screening issues with my PC for about 2 to 3 months now. Various things causing crashes, too long to list. It got to a point where I was so tired of having to perform various fixes that I opted...
  5. BSOD after a fresh OS install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after a fresh OS install.: Hello everyone, back again with another question.I have been having periodic blue screening issues with my PC for about 2 to 3 months now. Various things causing crashes, too long to list. It got to a point where I was so tired of having to perform various fixes that I opted...
  6. BSOD after a fresh OS install.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Recovering encrypted files after OS reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovering encrypted files after OS reinstall: I encrypted a drive with my Microsoft account and now I am locked out. I can't recover the key to unlock my OS either. If I reinstall the operating system will I be able to recover the encrypted drive with the same password?...
  8. Fresh OS installation to my Laptop

Fresh OS installation to my Laptop: My Laptop (HP Spectre X360 - 13-Ae045tu) came up with Windows 10 Pro pre-installed. I want to do a fresh installation of Windows 10 pro. What are the ways to do it? If I download ISO of Win 10 from Microsoft site will it be registered/activate in my laptop? Is it...
  9. OneDrive does not login after fresh re-install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive does not login after fresh re-install: Hi, Sometime this year OneDrive stopped logging in to my personal account, but business account is ok. I reinstalled OneDrive app, but it did not fix the condition. Please help!...
  10. Fresh Install - PC Shuts Down During OS Install

Fresh Install - PC Shuts Down During OS Install: Hey guys. Installing Windows 10 via the USB. I have it plugged into a usb 2 slot and while booting it in UEFI it loads the files the turns my PC off and reboots, cycling continuously. Booting it through KDI-MSFT, it loads the files, gets to a windows logo and THEN turns...