Windows 10: Onedrive files slow to load

Discus and support Onedrive files slow to load in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When opening files stored on onedrive in either Excel or Word it takes 30 sec + for the file to open. Is this normal? It's not very useful to wait that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Johnml, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Johnml Win User

Onedrive files slow to load

When opening files stored on onedrive in either Excel or Word it takes 30 sec + for the file to open. Is this normal? It's not very useful to wait that long vs local storage.

Windows 10 Pro 64 version 1909 (OS Build 18363.778)
    Thanks for your help,

John

:)

Johnml, Apr 20, 2020
  2. mbmeadows Win User

Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 20, 2020
  4. snickie Win User

File explorer slow/Never loading solution

Disable Search won't make icons load faster. It just disables the ability to find programs and other stuff fast!
    Naturally I tested your "tips" and still, loading icons are slow. It has to be some other thing going on in W10. Windows 7 didn't have this problem. Microsoft wake up!

snickie, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Onedrive files slow to load - Similar Threads - Onedrive files slow

2. Files explorer extremely slow to load..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files explorer extremely slow to load..: The files explorer in my brand new Windows Surface laptop is extremely slow to load. Each time I click on the files explorer icon in the task bar at the bottom, it takes several seconds and on occasions up to a minute to load. This is not a folder-specific problem as this...
  3. Files explorer extremely slow to load..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files explorer extremely slow to load..: The files explorer in my brand new Windows Surface laptop is extremely slow to load. Each time I click on the files explorer icon in the task bar at the bottom, it takes several seconds and on occasions up to a minute to load. This is not a folder-specific problem as this...
  4. File Explorer loading slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer loading slow: I am using i5 12th gen laptop. From few days my laptop file explorer is loading slowly showing green color bar. 270 GB free space available in my C drive and 100GB free space available in my D drive. I don't know what happened. Please help me to solve this....
  5. File Explorer loading slow

File Explorer loading slow: I am using i5 12th gen laptop. From few days my laptop file explorer is loading slowly showing green color bar. 270 GB free space available in my C drive and 100GB free space available in my D drive. I don't know what happened. Please help me to solve this....
  6. file explorer loading slow

file explorer loading slow: whenever i wanna open up a file on my pc the file takes a long time to open I've checked for viruses and memory leaks i cant figure out what is cause it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-loading-slow/82a7795c-5021-494a-8798-c24ac7d4c4a4
  7. file explorer loading slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer loading slow: whenever i wanna open up a file on my pc the file takes a long time to open I've checked for viruses and memory leaks i cant figure out what is cause it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-loading-slow/82a7795c-5021-494a-8798-c24ac7d4c4a4
  8. Fix for file explorer loading slow

Fix for file explorer loading slow: I found a new way, Just simply press Windows key+R and type in exactly this without the dot: %appdata%. Boom, it's open, then just go to any folder you want to :...
  9. File explorer slow with loading thumnails and files

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer slow with loading thumnails and files: I installed Windows 10 last week as an upgrade from Windows 7, and the internet part is working good. But something with the file explorer didn't work. The Document, Pictures, Music, and Video files are still there, but the thumbnails load slowly, or not at all. If it means...
  10. File Explorer Will Not Load / Extremely Slow

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Will Not Load / Extremely Slow: I've been having this problem recently, I honestly dont know what it is. My computer runs smoothly, up until I open up file explorer and it basically doesn't load. It's been sitting there for at least 40 minutes. If anyone can shed some light, I would greatly appreciate it....