Windows 10: OneDrive Files Sync'd but not showing on OneDrive Live from other machines

Discus and support OneDrive Files Sync'd but not showing on OneDrive Live from other machines in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have sync'd my OneDrive files, and I was able to get to them from my work computer. I used this feature to move files back and forth. Now, I can no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GerryElphingstone, Mar 2, 2019.

1. OneDrive Files Sync'd but not showing on OneDrive Live from other machines

I have sync'd my OneDrive files, and I was able to get to them from my work computer. I used this feature to move files back and forth. Now, I can no longer see my OneDrive files using either Chrome, Edge, or IE. I see just "Files." If I drag/drop a file, it does come across to my home machine but not in document. How do I get the files back to where I can see them online?

Gerry

:)

GerryElphingstone, Mar 2, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync

OneDrive Files Sync'd but not showing on OneDrive Live from other machines [​IMG]

"At Ignite 2016, Microsoft has just announced that it is bringing Placeholders back to OneDrive on Windows 10. Now, they are not called Placeholders anymore — Microsoft is renaming the feature to “On-Demand Sync” which makes a lot more sense than “Placeholders”.

The company demoed this feature at Microsoft Ignite today, and it works just like it used to previously. As you can see in the screenshot above, the files stored in OneDrive weighed in around 9GB, but the actual size on disk was only around 3MB which is really neat. Of course, this feature isn’t anything new as it was available back in the Windows 8 days. However, Microsoft removed the feature with Windows 10, and after lots of waiting, they are finally coming back.

In case you are not familiar with OneDrive Placeholders, it’s a pretty neat feature which lets you see all of your OneDrive files on your computer — but they are not actually downloaded on your PC. When you open them, OneDrive will download the files on-demand, saving your local space which is really useful, especially if you have a PC that doesn’t have a lot of storage.

While Microsoft didn’t announce when exactly On-Demand Sync will be available to OneDrive users, we suspect it will be available with Windows 10 Redstone 2 — which is expected to arrive early next year.
    "

https://mspoweruser.com/onedrive-placeholders-coming-back-now-called-demand-sync/

P4-630, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Freezer Win User

OneDrive Files Sync'd but not showing on OneDrive Live from other machines

Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive Files Sync'd but not showing on OneDrive Live from other machines

1. OneDrive Files Sync'd but not showing on OneDrive Live from other machines - Similar Threads - OneDrive Files Sync'd

2. OneDRive Live .com.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDRive Live .com.: I am only having trouble accessing One Drive through our web page Onedrive.live.com on every computer in the office. This has been going on for days now, tried from home same thing, we all can access through our mobiles only. ps: using the same shared one drive account...
  3. OneDRive Live .com.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OneDRive Live .com.: I am only having trouble accessing One Drive through our web page Onedrive.live.com on every computer in the office. This has been going on for days now, tried from home same thing, we all can access through our mobiles only. ps: using the same shared one drive account...
  4. Issue with OneDrive deleting files/folders on local sync'd copy location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with OneDrive deleting files/folders on local sync'd copy location: I did a search on this topic and clearly I am not alone in this. My company moved to OneDrive several years ago. The directive from our IT department was to put all files on OneDrive, We were told that if we put them in a particular location on our local HD, it would...
  5. Issue with OneDrive deleting files/folders on local sync'd copy location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with OneDrive deleting files/folders on local sync'd copy location: I did a search on this topic and clearly I am not alone in this. My company moved to OneDrive several years ago. The directive from our IT department was to put all files on OneDrive, We were told that if we put them in a particular location on our local HD, it would...
  6. Issue with OneDrive deleting files/folders on local sync'd copy location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. PC onedrive not syncing with onedrive live.

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC onedrive not syncing with onedrive live.: I've just bought a new computer and onedrive on my pc is not syncing with onedrive live. I've tried unlinking the pc and linking again, checking the permissions, my account is correct, I've checked the folders and now I'm out of ideas. I downloaded Keepass and although it's...
  8. What is OneDrive Live?

What is OneDrive Live?: I was trying to open up a file and it came up via OneDrive.live. I've never seen this before. What is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-onedrive-live/8dad522c-9d7c-474a-8615-28c5e531057f
  9. OneDrive autoloads on one machine, not the other

OneDrive autoloads on one machine, not the other: I have OneDrive installed on both my desktop and laptop. Both are running Win 10. Whenever I restart the laptop (a Surface Pro), Onedrive starts with Windows. But when I restart the desktop, it does not. I have to pick it from the start menu and start it manually. What's...
  10. onedrive online only on other machines

onedrive online only on other machines: I havae a few computers around the house. I have OneDrive on one of my machines with an external harddisk. I want to access OneDrive on the other machines online only. I don't want additional copy of OneDrive due to little storage. I've read many questions and answers and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. placeholders for onedrive online files not showing on local computer

2. open neat

3. files not showing in onedrive.live