Windows 10: Onedrive finally let's you sync folders shared by others

Discus and support Onedrive finally let's you sync folders shared by others in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; ... but it only supports syncing folders a user can edit. Still a big leap forward though. ... Also this feature is NOT enabled for Win8.1 onedrive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by seemebreakthis, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Onedrive finally let's you sync folders shared by others

... but it only supports syncing folders a user can edit. Still a big leap forward though.

... Also this feature is NOT enabled for Win8.1 onedrive apparently to herd people to Win10. Strangely enough Win7 or even Vista users ARE getting this feature.

Add and sync shared folders to your OneDrive

:)

seemebreakthis, Sep 1, 2015

2. Windows media player automatically shares OneDrive pictures folder on network

Hi,

We suggest you to check the article below and follow the instructions given to remove shared folder to OneDrive.

Add and sync shared folders to OneDrive

Let us know hot it goes.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 1, 2015
  3. Unknown icon overlay on Windows 10 desktop icons

Finally an answer. Thank you! Now I notice the same overlay has appeared in the Desktop folder view also, where it wasn't before. I'll wait and see if it propagates to the rest of the shared OneDrive items and to the other synced computers also. I've
    been using OneDrive and syncing among three computers since it was SkyDrive and this is the first time this overlay has appeared. Thanks for the info.

I am Equal, Sep 1, 2015
Thema:

Onedrive finally let's you sync folders shared by others

1. Onedrive finally let's you sync folders shared by others - Similar Threads - Onedrive finally let's

2. Onedrive for Business Shared Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive for Business Shared Folders: We currently use Dropbox to share team folders in real time and I would like to replace it with Onedrive but I don´t see a way to download shared folders to each team members´computer. Is there a way to do this in Onedrive for business? I am considering using Sharepoint...
  3. Windows 10 Home Will Finally Let You Pause Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home Will Finally Let You Pause Updates: "Only Windows 10 Professional users can pause Windows updates today, but that’s about to change. Windows 10 Home users will soon be able to pause updates ..." Source: Windows 10 Home Will Finally Let You Pause Updates Like throwing a bone. *really 124758
  4. Sync same folder with OneDrive and Google Drive

Sync same folder with OneDrive and Google Drive: Can a same folder be Sync with OneDrive and Google Drive. Any harm. 114123
  5. OneDrive Syncing!

OneDrive Syncing!: Hi everyone, I have accidentally permanently deleted my one drive folder on my laptop, thankfully my one drive syncing client was closed. How do I securely get my files back on my laptop, without messing up my one drive cloud. Please reply ASAP! P.S. I have around 3 GB...
  6. Shared folders not visible on other devices

Shared folders not visible on other devices: Hi, I am running Windows 10 and trying to set up a network so that I can transfer photos from an android phone onto my laptop hard drive for back up. I've been using an app to do this and it has worked in the past brilliantly (called "Sweet Home" if interested). Unfortunately...
  7. OneDrive pictures folder sharing to my other OneDrive account

OneDrive pictures folder sharing to my other OneDrive account: I just purchased Office 365 Premium for my family with 5 1T accounts, original intention was to automatically sync all pictures and videos from family (2 parents + 2 kids) iPhones and Android phones to one OneDrive account. 5th account is for family XBox to watch pictures and...
  8. Using Shared OneDrive Folders

Using Shared OneDrive Folders: My parents are luddites, so when it comes to keeping their photos organised and backed up, it's easier if I just do it for them. About a month ago Microsoft introduced the ability to use shared OneDrive folders from the desktop (Info Here). Therefore, it's crossed my mind...
  9. OneDrive Sync

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Sync: Hello Good People, Despite looking around, I don't understand how the sync works. First, is there a master, so to speak. ie does the cloud version mimic the PC files. ie if there is a file on my PC and not on the cloud, will the cloud get updated? An then, if a file gets...
  10. Microsoft turns on shared folder sync for OneDrive

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft turns on shared folder sync for OneDrive: Hi all - I’m excited to let you know that we’ve begun rolling out Shared Folder sync on OneDrive. We can’t wait for you to start using it! How does it work? We have a new action on OneDrive, called “Add to my OneDrive.” Whenever you are using OneDrive on the web, or...