Windows 10: Onedrive finally let's you sync folders shared by others

Discus and support Onedrive finally let's you sync folders shared by others in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; ... but it only supports syncing folders a user can edit. Still a big leap forward though. ... Also this feature is NOT enabled for Win8.1 onedrive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by seemebreakthis, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Onedrive finally let's you sync folders shared by others

... but it only supports syncing folders a user can edit. Still a big leap forward though.

... Also this feature is NOT enabled for Win8.1 onedrive apparently to herd people to Win10. Strangely enough Win7 or even Vista users ARE getting this feature.

Add and sync shared folders to your OneDrive

:)

seemebreakthis, Sep 1, 2015

2. Windows media player automatically shares OneDrive pictures folder on network

Hi,

We suggest you to check the article below and follow the instructions given to remove shared folder to OneDrive.

Add and sync shared folders to OneDrive

Let us know hot it goes.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 1, 2015
  3. Unknown icon overlay on Windows 10 desktop icons

Finally an answer. Thank you! Now I notice the same overlay has appeared in the Desktop folder view also, where it wasn't before. I'll wait and see if it propagates to the rest of the shared OneDrive items and to the other synced computers also. I've
    been using OneDrive and syncing among three computers since it was SkyDrive and this is the first time this overlay has appeared. Thanks for the info.

I am Equal, Sep 1, 2015
Thema:

Onedrive finally let's you sync folders shared by others

1. Onedrive finally let's you sync folders shared by others - Similar Threads - Onedrive finally let's

2. Syncing Files/Folder with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Syncing Files/Folder with OneDrive: Reinstalled Windows 10 on laptop. Have all my files/folders backup on OneDrive. My Pictures folder is 79Gb. Is it going to take a long time to sync my Pictures folder back to my Laptop I like a copy on my laptop as well as on OneDrive as I only have 65mb internet speed....
  3. Onedrive and This PC folder sync

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive and This PC folder sync: I have Windows 10 and just moved to Onedrive in order to sync my files to the cloud like I did with iDrive. My goal is to ensure all the files and folders in the Documents folder and Desktop are backed up automatically whenever they change. Boom!Unfortunately, when I change...
  4. OneDrive folder not syncing with cloud

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive folder not syncing with cloud: Hi, this my first post here. I don't know if I have put this in the correct forum, apologies if not. My Windows Version is 20H2. For some reason I created my OneDrive folder within my existing OneDrive setup, in C:\Users\Username\OneDrive\Email attachments\Documents. I don't...
  5. OneDrive Sync to specifc folders

OneDrive Sync to specifc folders: Hi. I'm trying to use a single OneDrive account to sync to a number of PC's and a NAS but only specific files/folders. The NAS does this perfectly but One Drive wants to synchronize files I don't want. The issue is and I see this as huge failing, there is a potential to hold...
  6. OneDrive Shared Folder

OneDrive Shared Folder: I am trying to use a OneDrive shared folder ( Frame ) as a source of Photos for a Digital PhotoFrame. I want others to be able to drop photos to this folder. My Wife and I use Ipads. I shared my ' Frame ' folder with her. On MY Ipad, I CAN select a photo and send it to the '...
  7. OneDrive Shared Folder not Sharing Files

OneDrive Shared Folder not Sharing Files: I created a View-Only Shared OneDrive Folder with another person. I have confirmed that this folder is visible on their OneDrive Account and was downloaded onto all their devices. I then added files to the Folder, but the files themselves have not been shared. The files...
  8. Not Syncing Folders with OneDrive

Not Syncing Folders with OneDrive: How do I add a folder to my desktop without having OneDrive attempt to sync it? I wanted to move a large file and for ease of access wanted to place it on the desktop. I don't want OneDrive to upload all 6GB of it. What I tried: I created a "Local" folder on Desktop. I...
  9. OneDrive pictures folder sharing to my other OneDrive account

OneDrive pictures folder sharing to my other OneDrive account: I just purchased Office 365 Premium for my family with 5 1T accounts, original intention was to automatically sync all pictures and videos from family (2 parents + 2 kids) iPhones and Android phones to one OneDrive account. 5th account is for family XBox to watch pictures and...
  10. Microsoft turns on shared folder sync for OneDrive

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft turns on shared folder sync for OneDrive: Hi all - I’m excited to let you know that we’ve begun rolling out Shared Folder sync on OneDrive. We can’t wait for you to start using it! How does it work? We have a new action on OneDrive, called “Add to my OneDrive.” Whenever you are using OneDrive on the web, or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i transfer emails to onedrive folders the time changes why