Windows 10: OneDrive Folder can't be created in selected location

Discus and support OneDrive Folder can't be created in selected location in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had my personal OneDrive saved to a location that is not the default location. This worked fine for months but a couple of days ago when my PC booted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GrantKennedy1, Nov 24, 2019.

1. OneDrive Folder can't be created in selected location

I had my personal OneDrive saved to a location that is not the default location. This worked fine for months but a couple of days ago when my PC booted I was prompted to log in for OneDrive. It then took me to through the setup and showed that the location of my folder was within the user folder. My OneDrive folder was not there so I obviously chose "Choose another location." Upon doing this I selected the location I have been using for months which is on my secondary SSD. When I chose this location, I am shown "OneDrive folder cannot be created in selected location." I have also tried to do a method where you sync the onedrive folder to the default location, unlink the onedrive account, move the folder, and relink the account, but I am given the same error message. I have been through every relavent online forum and no one seems to have had this exact issue. I must restate that this method of storing the onedrive folder on a secondary SSD has worked for months. Any guidance here would be greatly appreciated.

:)

GrantKennedy1, Nov 24, 2019

2. This PC leads to the OneDrive folder.

Hi Lance,

There are different factors as to why the default location of the documents and pictures folder on your computer is defaulting to OneDrive. One possible reason is that you setup OneDrive as the default save location of your files. For us to resolve your
    concern, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer and from the left-hand panel select the
      Documents
      folder from the list.
    • After selecting the Documents folder, right click on it and select
      properties from the list.
    • Select the Location tab, and click on the Restore Default button. (see screenshot below)

OneDrive Folder can't be created in selected location 13fa8ffd-5e67-4c83-ace3-0aec740681c2.png
    • Select OK and if prompted to create a folder at the default location, click on
      Yes.
    • If you get a prompt to move all files from the old location to the new default location, click on
      Yes.

Once complete the folder properties windows will close by itself and folder should not be using the default location. Take note that these steps apply to the different folder in your computer.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Davknife Win User
    Your OneDrive folder can't be created in the location you selected

Hi there

I want my onedrive on my data HDD. It's file system is NTFS. I had onedrive working perfectly on it up until a few days ago when it asked me to re-sign in, then when I tried to change location away from the default to this drive it came up with the error
    message "Your OneDrive folder can't be created in the location you selected".

Any ideas on what's going on? It definitely was working on this drive last week and still has a onedrive folder there, just not syncing.

I've double checked in the drives properties that it is NTFS.

Tried reinstalling onedrive, tried restarting computer.

Thanks heaps

Dave

Davknife, Nov 24, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

OneDrive Folder can't be created in selected location

Brink, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive Folder can't be created in selected location

1. OneDrive Folder can't be created in selected location - Similar Threads - OneDrive Folder can't

2. “Your OneDrive folder can't be created in the location you selected” error when moving...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    “Your OneDrive folder can't be created in the location you selected” error when moving...: I have Windows 10 version 2004 build 19041.746 on my desktop computer My OneDrive version is 2021 Build 20.219.1029.007 I have OneDrive folder at default: C:\Users\MyUsername\OneDrive I want to move OneDrive to C:\OneDrive. So I select OneDrive Settings - Unlink PC, then...
  3. Your OneDrive folder can't be created in this location

Your OneDrive folder can't be created in this location: I just upgraded to Office 365 mainly for the OneDrive access to backup important files. However I can't even use it. It says "Your One Drive Folder is here" and points to my OneDrive folder in my user profile which is on the D drive And then it gives the error in the...
  4. Your OneDrive folder can't be created in the location you selected

Your OneDrive folder can't be created in the location you selected: I know that question was asked many times and there are suggested solutions available, however, let me start from the beginning. My PC has two HDs - one for W10 system and one for data My Windows ver. is 1903 18362.535. For a long time I had my Onedrive for Busines (ver....
  5. Error: your onedrive folder cant be created in the location you have selected please choose...

Error: your onedrive folder cant be created in the location you have selected please choose...: Onedrive seemed to stop syncing on my PC and asked me to sign in again. When I do this and try to change the location of OneDrive to D: (C: is an SSD with OS and insufficient space), I get the above message. All drives are formatted as NTFS. If I create a new OneDrive...
  6. your onedrive folder cannot be created in the local selected

your onedrive folder cannot be created in the local selected: Hi all, I have a Windows 10 x64 pc, and I had always the OneDrive folder working in E:. I moved it to this personal drive to free the C: drive. So far it was working just fine. It is an NTFS drive. When today I rebooted the pc, the OneDrive folder did not want to sync...
  7. Your One Drive Folder Can't Be Created In The Location You Selected.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Your One Drive Folder Can't Be Created In The Location You Selected.: I have a Laptop with two internal Drives, C & D and both use NTFS. C Drive is Nand, D drive is SSD. I originally set up my OneDrive folder and followed Microsoft instructions to move the folder to D drive and all was running well. I recently signed out of Microsoft Edge...
  8. Onedrive folder locations

Onedrive folder locations: I have three separate folders for my OneDrive files in my File Explorer tree. The first folder is directly below the "Desktop" folder at the very top of the tree. The 2nd OneDrive folder is in my personal folder that has my name on it with the icon of a man for the folder....
  9. Your OneDrive folder can't be created in the location you selected

Your OneDrive folder can't be created in the location you selected: Hi there I want my onedrive on my data HDD. It's file system is NTFS. I had onedrive working perfectly on it up until a few days ago when it asked me to re-sign in, then when I tried to change location away from the default to this drive it came up with the error message...
  10. OneDrive Creates New Folders

OneDrive Creates New Folders: My OneDrive keeps creating new folders which contain some of my files from another folder. I've inserted a snip of what it does. Some of the files in the folder "Current Grants and Contracts" end up in folders which start with "CURRENT~1~..." I didn't create these folders....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Your onedrive folder cant be created in the location you selected for mac

2. your onedrive folder cant be created in the location you selected