Windows 10: OneDrive folder connection lost after 1903 upgrade

Discus and support OneDrive folder connection lost after 1903 upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I never had a problem with win10 upgrade but this time my onedrive folder is not working. Here is what happened 1. Upgraded to win10 1903 build 2.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SVerma16, Jun 12, 2019.

1. SVerma16 Win User

OneDrive folder connection lost after 1903 upgrade

I never had a problem with win10 upgrade but this time my onedrive folder is not working. Here is what happened

1. Upgraded to win10 1903 build

2. On logging in, I got a message that my onedrive folder cannot be found

I looked and my OneDrive folder and all the files were very much there in c:\users\myuser.000\onedrive

3. I clicked on the onedrive sync and logged in again with my usual id

4. That created a new OneDrive folder in the same folder c:\users\myuser.000\onedrive. This folder has onedrive icon. The older one has the normal folder icon.

5. The sync process started downloading all files again in this new folder

6. I paused the sync as I dont have disk space to since everything again and dont want to download 900GB data again.

Is there a way to tell onedrive to reuse the folder I already have? Or should I cut and paste all files from the older to new folder.

What is safer and supported?

Saurabh

:)

SVerma16, Jun 12, 2019

2. app connection to onedrive

Hi Amrit,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. What happens when you try to connect this app to Cloud?
    2. Are you getting any error code or error message while trying to connect?
    3. Which version of Windows is running on your device?

Please follow the below suggested steps, so that you can link your app with Cloud (OneDrive).

1. Launch the
      Book Bazaar Reader app.
    2. Right click on the launched Window.
    3. You should be getting the options at the left bottom of the screen with
      Add a book, Cloud and Select.
    4. Click on Cloud option, select
      Connect to the Cloud (OneDrive) and follow the onscreen prompts.
    5. Sign in with the same user account which is associated with OneDrive to check the status of the issue.

You may also refer the article Add
    and sync shared folders to OneDrive
    for more information.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jun 12, 2019
  3. gabbydgar Win User
    Folder in Favorites lost

Had a folder in IE favorites named xxxxx favorites with many items in it. Don't know what I may have done but it is gone from the list. When I try to create a new folder it tells me that there is one already there, but it is not. Any suggestion where I might find the lost folder or how to restore it.

gabbydgar, Jun 12, 2019
  4. OneDrive folder connection lost after 1903 upgrade

onedrive duplicating my folders...

Hi.

Again, onedrive is going crazy and is duplicating my main folder, full of subfolders. It's locking me out of all my files. I have windows 10, Office 365 home. I paused synch at the moment before I have 1000 copy of my folder, which I can't open anyway!
    Please don't ask me any question that will further delay the repair. Simply give me a step by step solution and then improve onedrive so this won't happen again to so many of us. I suggest you also add "onedrive" in the list of "Windows Topics" below since
    thousands of users have issues with it.

Thanks

Michel

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Michel Chiangmai, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive folder connection lost after 1903 upgrade

1. OneDrive folder connection lost after 1903 upgrade - Similar Threads - OneDrive folder connection

2. Folder structure of Onedrive lost

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder structure of Onedrive lost: Hy, since today the folder structure of my personal onedrive is lost. All subfolder are shown inside the root folder. So I've 8.000 subfolders in the users\documents path. How to correct this, as I don't what happend? kr Andreas...
  3. wifi connection lost after upgrading to win 10

wifi connection lost after upgrading to win 10: Upgraded finally from win 7 to the free version of win 10 home. Went smoothly, but now my wifi connection is lost and windows troubleshooter fixes it by " reset the wireless network connection adapter" . That give me my wifi for maybe 45 sec, then the connection is lost and...
  4. Lost permissions for my own OneDrive folder

Lost permissions for my own OneDrive folder: Hello, I have a OneDrive folder with photos and videos in it. While trying to access one of the subfolders in that folder, it says for most of the objects in that folder that I don't have read permissions so I cannot view the photo/video. When I right click on the folder...
  5. OneDrive folder connection lost after 1903 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OneDrive folder connection lost after 1903 upgrade: I never had a problem with win10 upgrade but this time my onedrive folder is not working. Is there a way to tell onedrive to reuse the folder I already have? Or should I cut and paste all files from the older to new folder. What is safer and supported?...
  6. WiFi connection issue after 1903 upgrade.

WiFi connection issue after 1903 upgrade.: Hello All I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7. which went through OK using my WiFi connection at home. how ever after upgrade my WiFi connection shows all WiFi network available but when I try to connect after entering the password it get disappear and I will have...
  7. 1903 upgrade - connected, no internet

1903 upgrade - connected, no internet: Hi people, I'm litterally hitting my head against the wall after the last upgrade. Some backstory: we're talking here about an hold custom made desktop pc, originally sold with Windows 7. It was upgraded and working smoothly until some version of windows that could be 1703...
  8. Lost OneDrive from my Start folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost OneDrive from my Start folder: I rather stupidly lost OneDrive from my Start folder. I managed to almost recover it using instructions that I found on these forums. If I now tap on Start, Files-OneDrive, a window opens showing my Files from my old version of OneDrive. However, I often have to tap on a box...
  9. Internet Connection Lost after Upgrade to 10

Internet Connection Lost after Upgrade to 10: I did the upgrade from W-8.1 to 10 in November and have had several problems since. The most pernicious problem is the loss of my Internet Connection. I had my ISP service dude have a go; but no joy. He concluded it is a software problem. Everything is properly connected and...
  10. Lost files and folders on desktop after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost files and folders on desktop after windows 10 upgrade: Hello, I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 over 4 days ago. After windows 10 was up, all the folders/files in my desktop were moved somewhere. I did a file search and moved them back to the desktop. I was on a general user admin account. Shortly after, I logged into my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 1903 update lost my OneDrive