Windows 10: OneDrive folder in Windows 11 in OSC:/Users

Discus and support OneDrive folder in Windows 11 in OSC:/Users in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My new Windows 11 computer arrived last week. I have deleted the OneDrive app because I do not want to use OneDrive. I have found the folder labelled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EllenABC, Aug 5, 2022.

1. EllenABC Win User

OneDrive folder in Windows 11 in OSC:/Users

My new Windows 11 computer arrived last week. I have deleted the OneDrive app because I do not want to use OneDrive. I have found the folder labelled OneDrive in OSC:/Users, under my ID. Every file I create or access I save where I want it, e.g. on my Desktop or in my Documents or Photos etc. Every file also automatically shows up in the OneDrive folder on my computer. Logging in to OneDrive shows me all my OneDrive folders & vault are empty - phew : If I delete the OneDrive folder, all my files disappear from e.g. my Desktop. I restored them from Recycle Bin. Two questions: are there c

:)

EllenABC, Aug 5, 2022
  2. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Anyone know how to remove "OneDrive - For Business" from the Explorer navigation panel? I've tried just about every registry modification, and windows policy for "Onedrive" but they only seem to work for the consumer product, not for onedrive for business.

The onedrive product alone is so damn annoying and continues to load itself upon startup, even when it's explicitly remove from startup. It continues to automatically load and unload itself from within the startup folder... while I'm actively watching it load itself into the startup folder.

Freezer, Aug 5, 2022
  3. TarAn_D Win User
    Move the OneDrive Folder

Move the OneDrive Folder in Windows 10

When you set up OneDrive to sync with your computer, a folder C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive will be created to store the contents. XXXX denotes your username. To move this folder to another location follow these simple steps:

1. Unlink OneDrive from your PC:

• Go to the taskbar notification area
    • Right-click on the OneDrive icon
    • Select settings
    • Click: Unlink this PC
    2. Delete the C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive folder

3. Create a new folder (target folder) for OneDrive contents, e.g. D:\OneDrive

4. Create Directory Junction for the new folder

• In the search area of the taskbar type CMD and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter
    • In the command window type
    mklink /J C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive D:\OneDrive

adjusting it to your specific username and selection of the target folder

5. Link again OneDrive to your PC using the OneDrive icon in the taskbar notification area

TarAn_D, Aug 5, 2022
  4. OneDrive folder in Windows 11 in OSC:/Users

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 5, 2022
Thema:

OneDrive folder in Windows 11 in OSC:/Users

1. OneDrive folder in Windows 11 in OSC:/Users - Similar Threads - OneDrive folder OSC

2. Regarding OneDrive folder in users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding OneDrive folder in users: I have Uninstalled the OneDrive app from my pc. Yet, their is a folder in user. I have tried deleting it and that caused all of my data loss in my Documents and Desktop. After I restarted my pc that folder was again created without my old data. I don't want that folder and...
  3. Regarding OneDrive folder in users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Regarding OneDrive folder in users: I have Uninstalled the OneDrive app from my pc. Yet, their is a folder in user. I have tried deleting it and that caused all of my data loss in my Documents and Desktop. After I restarted my pc that folder was again created without my old data. I don't want that folder and...
  4. Regarding OneDrive folder in users

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Regarding OneDrive folder in user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding OneDrive folder in user: I have Uninstalled the OneDrive app from my pc yet their is a folder in user. I tried deleting it and that made me lost all of my data in my Docs and Desktop. After I restarted my pc that folder was again created without my old data. I don't want that folder and what ever it...
  6. OneDrive folder in Windows 11 in OSC:/Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive folder in Windows 11 in OSC:/Users: My new Windows 11 computer arrived last week. I have deleted the OneDrive app because I do not want to use OneDrive. I have found the folder labelled OneDrive in OSC:/Users, under my ID. Every file I create or access I save where I want it, e.g. on my Desktop or in my...
  7. Onedrive folder how to restore from the onedrive folder to my user folder?

Onedrive folder how to restore from the onedrive folder to my user folder?: I removed/uninstalled OneDrive but I still have a OneDrive folder and most of my files are in that folder including my documents, pics and desktop. While my computer seems to work okay can I restore the location of these files in my user folder rather than in the OneDrive...
  8. OSC: >Users/username/Documents empty

OSC: >Users/username/Documents empty: I have noticed that File Explorer shows that I have no files in the directory OSC:> Users/username/Documents. My files are stored in Onedrive and backed up there and I can see all my files, This PC Documents is fully populated with all my documents. Can someone explain...
  9. OneDrive and user file folders

OneDrive and user file folders: In Windows 10, I put my user file folders My Documents, My Music, etc. into my OneDrive folder. But this seemed to confuse the OneDrive app, as well as Windows. I guess I should have known better than do do this with system folders, rather than just those system folders’...
  10. Users folder showing TWO OneDrive folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Users folder showing TWO OneDrive folders: My c:\Users\<Username> folder is showing TWO OneDrive folders. [img] firstly, how can two entries of exactly the same name exist in a single folder? Now, how to handle this? Though, I don't have to manually access any of these, as I have a separate folder at...