Windows 10: OneDrive folder location not found - Setup Loop (Video)

Discus and support OneDrive folder location not found - Setup Loop (Video) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm having an issue with OneDrive on both my desktop and laptop. I frequently get a pop-up message from OneDrive saying "We couldn't find the location... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CMroz, Nov 13, 2018.

1. CMroz Win User

OneDrive folder location not found - Setup Loop (Video)

I'm having an issue with OneDrive on both my desktop and laptop.

I frequently get a pop-up message from OneDrive saying "We couldn't find the location of your OneDrive folder." I go through the whole process of re-signing in and it looks like it works, but then after clicking Open OneDrive Folder, I get the same message. I'm stuck in a loop on both devices.

Video of OneDrive login loop

Restarting sometimes works for a little while, but it always happens again after a day or so. As many people suggest, I have tried running "%localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset" from the Run window, but I get the same loop.

Does anyone have the same issue or have any idea how to fix it permanently?

Windows 10 build 17763 (but has also happened on the past several builds)

:)

CMroz, Nov 13, 2018

2. This PC leads to the OneDrive folder.

Hi Lance,

There are different factors as to why the default location of the documents and pictures folder on your computer is defaulting to OneDrive. One possible reason is that you setup OneDrive as the default save location of your files. For us to resolve your
    concern, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer and from the left-hand panel select the
      Documents
      folder from the list.
    • After selecting the Documents folder, right click on it and select
      properties from the list.
    • Select the Location tab, and click on the Restore Default button. (see screenshot below)

OneDrive folder location not found - Setup Loop (Video) 13fa8ffd-5e67-4c83-ace3-0aec740681c2.png
    • Select OK and if prompted to create a folder at the default location, click on
      Yes.
    • If you get a prompt to move all files from the old location to the new default location, click on
      Yes.

Once complete the folder properties windows will close by itself and folder should not be using the default location. Take note that these steps apply to the different folder in your computer.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Nov 13, 2018
  3. wallace99 Win User
    Problem with location of Pictures library after making pictures available on OneDrive

Thanks Rhina

I did what you suggested but it ended up making OneDrive the Pictures library. This may have something to do with the way i originally moved the Pictures folders to OneDrive. I probably should explain:

Because there already was a (fairly empty) Pictures folder under OneDrive (automatically set up I think when transferring a few Ipad photos to PC via OneDrive) I had moved the top level Pictures folders into D/users/myname/OneDrive rather than moving
    the Pictures folder itself. This was probably a bit stupid but I subsequently moved the top level Pictures folders into that pre-existing Pictures folder on OneDrive and that's how we got to where we are today.

To continue after that diversion. Following the restore you suggested, the pictures folder under Libraries was still wrong but it looked a lot better ie it was no longer offering me a choice of locations for Pictures folders and, instead was just showing
    me all the top level folders for what it (wrongly) thought was the Pictures folder. But it was still not appearing directly under This PC.

My next step was to go into Properties option for Libraries/Pictures. Here I simply added the correct location D/users/myname/OneDrive/pictures and deleted the location D/users/myname/OneDrive which at that time was the current location.

So, on the Positive side:

• Libraries/Pictures now shows what I would expect ie my top level Pictures folders

But, on the negative side:

• Pictures still does not appear under This PC, unlike Documents, Videos, Music etc
    • in the Photos app, if I go to Folders option, it shows the folder as OneDrive, not OneDrive/Pictures even though, if i go into "choose where to look" it is correctly showing OneDrive/Pictures as the location. Obviously i can still get to the photos I need
      but it's an extra unnecessary step
    That's where i am currently.

wallace99, Nov 13, 2018
  4. OneDrive folder location not found - Setup Loop (Video)

Shawn Brink, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

OneDrive folder location not found - Setup Loop (Video)

1. OneDrive folder location not found - Setup Loop (Video) - Similar Threads - OneDrive folder location

2. Folder Location not found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Location not found: There is a folder on my WD external hard drive, whenever I am going to open that folder it says "Location is not available" attaching a screenshot, please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-location-not-found/be0e58d8-90c8-4262-af0e-39b638de41fb
  3. Folder Location not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder Location not found: There is a folder on my WD external hard drive, whenever I am going to open that folder it says "Location is not available" attaching a screenshot, please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-location-not-found/be0e58d8-90c8-4262-af0e-39b638de41fb
  4. Folder Location not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Changed the Video Folder Location to My User Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed the Video Folder Location to My User Folder: Hi, I made a stupid mistake and changed the location of my Videos folder and mapped it to C:\Users\MyUserName. This changed the content of the C:\Users folder instead of my username to "Videos". Inside the folder "Videos" that was an empty folder i see my Desktop, Favorites,...
  6. Changed the Video Folder Location to My User Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed the Video Folder Location to My User Folder: Hi, I made a stupid mistake and changed the location of my Videos folder and mapped it to C:\Users\MyUserName. This changed the content of the C:\Users folder instead of my username to "Videos". Inside the folder "Videos" that was an empty folder i see my Desktop, Favorites,...
  7. setup loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    setup loop: hello i have been installed windows in virtual box, but when i'm in the setup menu i keep getting the oobe error i have gotten oobekeyboard,oobestetings, obbewelcome, oobeuotro when i get to services i brings me back to the basics tab and it's done that like 3 times....
  8. OneDrive - Restore Folders to original locations

OneDrive - Restore Folders to original locations: Win 10 Home How do I remove the default folders from OneDrive and restore to there original location - desktop, documents, pictures, etc? In other words - I do not want C:\users\...\OneDrive\Desktop just C:users\...\Desktop. Thanks, Darryl...
  9. Video Thumbnails not Generating in OneDrive folder

Video Thumbnails not Generating in OneDrive folder: Thumbnails for videos in all folders under OneDrive - Personal do not display. Thumbnails for images and other files show up perfectly and everythingshows up when not under my OneDrive - Personal folder. I haveLarge Thumbnails on, Always ShowThumbnails, Never Icons on, and...
  10. Onedrive folder locations

Onedrive folder locations: I have three separate folders for my OneDrive files in my File Explorer tree. The first folder is directly below the "Desktop" folder at the very top of the tree. The 2nd OneDrive folder is in my personal folder that has my name on it with the icon of a man for the folder....