Windows 10: Onedrive folder locations

Discus and support Onedrive folder locations in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have three separate folders for my OneDrive files in my File Explorer tree. The first folder is directly below the "Desktop" folder at the very top... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by michaelstichauf, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Onedrive folder locations

I have three separate folders for my OneDrive files in my File Explorer tree. The first folder is directly below the "Desktop" folder at the very top of the tree. The 2nd OneDrive folder is in my personal folder that has my name on it with the icon of a man for the folder. The 3rd OneDrive folder is down a ways in the tree and is located here: "This PC">"Windows (cOnedrive folder locations :)">"Users">"mksti" (these are my initials)>"OneDrive".

I'm not sure that I'm supposed to have 3 of these OneDrive folders. If not, please tell me which ones I can delete.

:)

michaelstichauf, Nov 21, 2019
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Nov 21, 2019
  3. Shawn Brink, Nov 21, 2019
  4. Onedrive folder locations

OneDrive File/Folder location

Yes, followed the MS instructions. Everything looked OK till today when I noticed the "Shadow" OneDrive folder on the system drive (Its old location)

TheOldPuterMan

The Old Puter Man, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

Onedrive folder locations

1. Onedrive folder locations - Similar Threads - Onedrive folder locations

2. desktop, pictures, documents folder location - onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop, pictures, documents folder location - onedrive: Hi all,Recently I have played with onedrive big mistake in my windows 11 laptop and accidently caused a lot of issues. After 3 hours, I have fixed most but one problem.My issue now is, the pictures folder, documents and desktop folder are all now saved into the...
  3. desktop, pictures, documents folder location - onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop, pictures, documents folder location - onedrive: Hi all,Recently I have played with onedrive big mistake in my windows 11 laptop and accidently caused a lot of issues. After 3 hours, I have fixed most but one problem.My issue now is, the pictures folder, documents and desktop folder are all now saved into the...
  4. OneDrive - unlink, uninstall, move folder location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive - unlink, uninstall, move folder location: OneDrive is installed as default moved everything around when I upgraded to win11.I WANT IT GONE!I have unlinked OneDrive and prevented it from starting again.Now I would like to restore file locations to standard so all my files is in the same place.Documents, Desktop and...
  5. OneDrive - Restore Folders to original locations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive - Restore Folders to original locations: Win 10 Home How do I remove the default folders from OneDrive and restore to there original location - desktop, documents, pictures, etc? In other words - I do not want C:\users\...\OneDrive\Desktop just C:users\...\Desktop. Thanks, Darryl...
  6. Removing OneDrive as the default file/folder location

Removing OneDrive as the default file/folder location: I want my documents, etc. to be saved to my Documents folder on my PC. I just installed Windows 10 on a new PC and I guess I picked the option to have OneDrive manage my documents and sync them. I have WAY too many documents for that to be financially practical. I have...
  7. Your OneDrive folder can't be created in this location

Your OneDrive folder can't be created in this location: I just upgraded to Office 365 mainly for the OneDrive access to backup important files. However I can't even use it. It says "Your One Drive Folder is here" and points to my OneDrive folder in my user profile which is on the D drive And then it gives the error in the...
  8. change of location of onedrive folder to truecrypt container

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change of location of onedrive folder to truecrypt container: If I change the location of onedrive folder to a truecrypt container, then whether sync will work when the container is not mounted or I will have to mount the container to sync the onedrive folder. 30219
  9. OneDrive has corrupted my folder locations

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive has corrupted my folder locations: I have un-linked OneDrive from my computer. If I go to explorer and click 'This PC' in the left pane, it shows 6 folders on the right: Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, and Videos. If I right click on Downloads and hit properties, the Location tab shows me:...
  10. Change Location of OneDrive Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Location of OneDrive Folder in Windows 10: How to: Change Location of OneDrive Folder in Windows 10 How to Change the Location of your OneDrive Folder in Windows 10 OneDrive is a free online storage service that comes bundled with Windows 10. You can use OneDrive with your Microsoft account to save your files...