Windows 10: OneDrive folder problem

Discus and support OneDrive folder problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I use Windows 10 20H2 and want to get rid of OneDrive, I uninstalled the app but I still have a onedrive folder where all my desktop and other files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mcbuck01, Jan 3, 2021.

1. mcbuck01 Win User

OneDrive folder problem

I use Windows 10 20H2 and want to get rid of OneDrive, I uninstalled the app but I still have a onedrive folder where all my desktop and other files are located. I want to remove the OneDrive folder and get my computer back to where it was before I tried OneDrive. I tried the suggestion of reinstalling the default location for my desktop but when I do I get a notice that my users folder for my desktop doesn't exist and asks if I want to create it. I'm not sure where to go from here, will creating a new users desktop folder solve my problem? Since my computer is currently working ok with the OneDrive folder, I don't want to do anything that will give me issues.

:)

mcbuck01, Jan 3, 2021
  2. TarAn_D Win User

Move the OneDrive Folder

Move the OneDrive Folder in Windows 10

When you set up OneDrive to sync with your computer, a folder C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive will be created to store the contents. XXXX denotes your username. To move this folder to another location follow these simple steps:

1. Unlink OneDrive from your PC:

• Go to the taskbar notification area
    • Right-click on the OneDrive icon
    • Select settings
    • Click: Unlink this PC
    2. Delete the C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive folder

3. Create a new folder (target folder) for OneDrive contents, e.g. D:\OneDrive

4. Create Directory Junction for the new folder

• In the search area of the taskbar type CMD and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter
    • In the command window type
    mklink /J C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive D:\OneDrive

adjusting it to your specific username and selection of the target folder

5. Link again OneDrive to your PC using the OneDrive icon in the taskbar notification area

TarAn_D, Jan 3, 2021
  3. onedrive duplicating my folders...

Hi.

Again, onedrive is going crazy and is duplicating my main folder, full of subfolders. It's locking me out of all my files. I have windows 10, Office 365 home. I paused synch at the moment before I have 1000 copy of my folder, which I can't open anyway!
    Please don't ask me any question that will further delay the repair. Simply give me a step by step solution and then improve onedrive so this won't happen again to so many of us. I suggest you also add "onedrive" in the list of "Windows Topics" below since
    thousands of users have issues with it.

Thanks

Michel

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Michel Chiangmai, Jan 3, 2021
  4. OneDrive folder problem

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

OneDrive folder problem

1. OneDrive folder problem - Similar Threads - OneDrive folder problem

2. Onedrive folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive folder: Cannot delete a folder in Onedrive, and YES I'M CREATING THIS QUESTION AGAIN BECAUSE SOME GENIUS CLOSED IT WITHOUT AN ADEQUATE SOLUTION. This is MY folder, not yours, this is MY machine, not yours, and this is MY data, NOT yours. in addition, this is not a "shared" folder, it...
  3. Onedrive folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive folder: Cannot delete a folder in Onedrive, and YES I'M CREATING THIS QUESTION AGAIN BECAUSE SOME GENIUS CLOSED IT WITHOUT AN ADEQUATE SOLUTION. This is MY folder, not yours, this is MY machine, not yours, and this is MY data, NOT yours. in addition, this is not a "shared" folder, it...
  4. Problems moving Documents & Pictures folders from OneDrive folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems moving Documents & Pictures folders from OneDrive folder: Hi. I have a new laptop which I am just setting up to my liking and I didn't want OneDrive. This may have been a mistake but I have cleaned out all the files from the cloud and uninstalled OneDrive from my computer. I have been left with a OneDrive folder in my users/name...
  5. OneDrive Removal - Default Folders Problem

OneDrive Removal - Default Folders Problem: I have uninstalled OneDrive but find that the OneDrive folder / directory remains, under which there is the default folders for music, documents and pictures. I would like to ask if it is possible to remove the OneDrive folder completely, and if so what happens to all those...
  6. Onedrive Folder

Onedrive Folder: I just tried adding my Videos folder to Onedrive, but in the process changed the location of my Onedrive folder. I can access it in my C: drive, but how do i correct this and change the location to onedrive back to default? Help!...
  7. Folders in OneDrive

Folders in OneDrive: Inside of OneDrive I have created folders inside of folders, organizing all of my documents I work with on a daily basis. In some folders I need to shortcut to other folders within these folders. I hope I am not confusing here, But this worked very well for me on windows...
  8. OneDrive Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Folders: I have setup the OneDrive sync folder to my secondary D Drive but when I add folders from the D Drive it is essentially mirroring those folders and doubling the space taken on that drive. Am I missing something in my setup of the sync folders? I want to mirror the D Drive...
  9. Onedrive Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive Folder: Help ! I have a premium Onedrive account and my Samsung Galaxy Book, but everytime I click my Onedrive Folder ( in File Explorer ) it keeps not responding . I'm using Windown 10 Education. I have uninstalled anf re-installed many times and it didn't work ....
  10. Problem Deleting Folder on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem Deleting Folder on OneDrive: I've been backing up some of my stuff on OneDrive, and today, when I tried to rename one of the folders on OneDrive I got an error message saying that the path was too long. I clicked No/Cancel/Whatever-it-was-called thinking that it would abort the rename. Instead, OneDrive...