Windows 10: OneDrive Folder shows a Volume greater than it should

Discus and support OneDrive Folder shows a Volume greater than it should in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have about 1.1 TB of files in my OneDrive account, online. On my windows 10 PC, Build 1909 I have set all but about 25GB of my files to remain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Otto DeRuntz, Jun 29, 2020.

1. OneDrive Folder shows a Volume greater than it should

I have about 1.1 TB of files in my OneDrive account, online.

On my windows 10 PC, Build 1909 I have set all but about 25GB of my files to remain online, the folders were set to 'free space'.

However, the properties dialogue for my OneDrive folder says I have used about 758GB of disk space. What is up with that?

All files are synced!

:)

Otto DeRuntz, Jun 29, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 29, 2020
  3. OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

OneDrive Folder shows a Volume greater than it should ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Jun 29, 2020
  4. OneDrive Folder shows a Volume greater than it should

onedrive duplicating my folders...

Hi.

Again, onedrive is going crazy and is duplicating my main folder, full of subfolders. It's locking me out of all my files. I have windows 10, Office 365 home. I paused synch at the moment before I have 1000 copy of my folder, which I can't open anyway!
    Please don't ask me any question that will further delay the repair. Simply give me a step by step solution and then improve onedrive so this won't happen again to so many of us. I suggest you also add "onedrive" in the list of "Windows Topics" below since
    thousands of users have issues with it.

Thanks

Michel

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Michel Chiangmai, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive Folder shows a Volume greater than it should

1. OneDrive Folder shows a Volume greater than it should - Similar Threads - OneDrive Folder shows

2. Should I delete OneDrive Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Should I delete OneDrive Folder: Hi. I messed up my OneDrive so bad, I couldn't do anything with it. I want to start over and set it up correctly before I start using it again. At OneDrive.com I unlinked the pc and unlinked the account. Then I closed OneDrive on my computer and uninstalled OneDrive via...
  3. kb4023057- windows update for versions greater than 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    kb4023057- windows update for versions greater than 1809: Hi,The update kb4023057 is applicable for the windows 10 versions 1507, 1511, 1607, 1703, 1709, 1803, 1809, 1903, 1909, 2004, 20H2, and 21H1.But only for versions 1507, 1511, 1607, 1703, 1709 and 1803 MS has provided update through MS Catalog does that mean other remaining...
  4. Full Charge Capacity is Greater than Design Capacity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Full Charge Capacity is Greater than Design Capacity: Okay, so I have an Acer E5-475 and I just bought a new battery pack for my computer as the old one died on me. it was okay for the first 3 days then suddenly on day 4 it died on me while I was at around 20 percent. when I recharged it back until it was full I pulled the plug...
  5. Android greater than 2.2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Android greater than 2.2: Is Windows 10 Version 1809 Android greater than 2.2 for downloading a new app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/android-greater-than-22/1306a211-fb53-4e1e-a475-ee0efa0cbadc
  6. Onedrive folder volumes not working

Onedrive folder volumes not working: How do I determine how much information I have stored in a folder and its sub folders? I have windows 365 and offline storage in OneDrive. I am accessing Onedrive through the 'view online' option through the web. I want to work out how much space I am using for photos,...
  7. Mouse Hover Over Folder Shows File Size Much Greater Than Properties Shows It

Mouse Hover Over Folder Shows File Size Much Greater Than Properties Shows It: Greetings: I have a folder containing photos, Word docs, music, etc. A mouse hover over the folder shows a file size of approximately 20 GB. But when right click on the folder and select properties, it shows a size of roughly 6 GB. Which is it and why the discrepancy?...
  8. Upload speed is greater than Download speed

Upload speed is greater than Download speed: Hey guys, If upload speed is greater than Download speed is it okay or I should contact network provider to fix parameters ? [ATTACH] Regards. 120739
  9. Creating partition size greater than 32GB in FAT32.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating partition size greater than 32GB in FAT32.: As we all know maximum partition size in Windows is 32GB if fat32. This is oddly a Windows limit, not a fat32 limit There are various 3rd party tools that will format large drives as fat32. Today, I needed to format a 64GB drive as fat32 as I needed it to be bootable,...
  10. Windows Folder Size greater than Size on Disk

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Folder Size greater than Size on Disk: My 32GB Windows 10 Home PC (recently upgraded from 8.1) is low on disk space. I deleted Windows.old and I have hibernation disabled. Apart from a few browsers, very little else is installed, yet I only have 11.7GB left? One reason may be the size of the Windows folder:...