Windows 10: OneDrive folder still shows up even after uninstalling the app on Windows PC

Discus and support OneDrive folder still shows up even after uninstalling the app on Windows PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It's been over a month since I uninstalled OneDrive on my Windows 10 PC, yet I've noticed lately that I still see the OneDrive folder at the location... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MicrosoftOSUser, Feb 12, 2020.

1. OneDrive folder still shows up even after uninstalling the app on Windows PC

It's been over a month since I uninstalled OneDrive on my Windows 10 PC, yet I've noticed lately that I still see the OneDrive folder at the location "C:\Users\microsoftosuser\OneDrive" with nearly 50 GB size when checked the properties. I'd appreciate if you could help me with this.

:)

MicrosoftOSUser, Feb 12, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

Anyone know how to remove "OneDrive - For Business" from the Explorer navigation panel? I've tried just about every registry modification, and windows policy for "Onedrive" but they only seem to work for the consumer product, not for onedrive for business.

The onedrive product alone is so damn annoying and continues to load itself upon startup, even when it's explicitly remove from startup. It continues to automatically load and unload itself from within the startup folder... while I'm actively watching it load itself into the startup folder.

Freezer, Feb 12, 2020
  4. eve wang Win User

OneDrive folder still shows up even after uninstalling the app on Windows PC

Unable to uninstall Onedrive For Business

OneDrive can be uninstalled from some versions of Windows 10:

1. Select the Start button, type Programs in the search box, and then select Add or remove programs in the list of results.
    2. Under Apps & features, find and select Microsoft OneDrive, and then select Uninstall.

As OneDrive is built in to some versions of Windows and can't be uninstalled. As a workaround, you can hide it. Reference “Turn off or uninstall OneDrive” for detail steps:
    Turn off, disable, or uninstall OneDrive

eve wang, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive folder still shows up even after uninstalling the app on Windows PC

1. OneDrive folder still shows up even after uninstalling the app on Windows PC - Similar Threads - OneDrive folder still

2. Apps still showing in all apps after uninstalling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps still showing in all apps after uninstalling: Hi, I uninstalled Discord through Windows settings app tab and the app is still there but with no logo. It stays there after restarting. How do I remove it and why does it do that? Do I have to use regedit?...
  3. Apps still showing in all apps after uninstalling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps still showing in all apps after uninstalling: Hi, I uninstalled Discord through Windows settings app tab and the app is still there but with no logo. It stays there after restarting. How do I remove it and why does it do that? Do I have to use regedit?...
  4. Uninstalled OneDrive and still cannot delete folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstalled OneDrive and still cannot delete folder: A folder was not getting deleted so I tried using the command line, an error popped up saying this: So i unisnstalled OneDrive but the error still persists. I get absolutely 0 feedback when deleting the folder manually, no error message, nothing.Also the "OneDrive" folder...
  5. Uninstalled OneDrive and still cannot delete folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled OneDrive and still cannot delete folder: A folder was not getting deleted so I tried using the command line, an error popped up saying this: So i unisnstalled OneDrive but the error still persists. I get absolutely 0 feedback when deleting the folder manually, no error message, nothing.Also the "OneDrive" folder...
  6. Uninstalled OneDrive and still cannot delete folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Onedrive folder keeps reappearing even after uninstall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive folder keeps reappearing even after uninstall: Hi,As I installed OneDrvie on my PC, it integrated my system folders Pictures, Documents, ... with OneDrive, i.e. put these folder on the OneDrive and synch them with cloud, which I absolutely would have not allowed knowingly.It really really bothered me, I tried to fix it...
  8. Onedrive folder still existing after uninstall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Onedrive folder still existing after uninstall: I've tried loads of things to remove the \OneDrive\ from my path ; regedit key, group policy edits, moving certain files from the onedrive build number to the policy definitions, and have had no luck. I simply want the OneDrive folder gone from my path permanently. I want it...
  9. Even after uninstalling application, they still show up in start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Even after uninstalling application, they still show up in start menu: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Jishnu_Bala [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mjd7jq/even_after_uninstalling_application_they_still/
  10. New Documents still saving to a OneDrive folder even after uninstalling OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Documents still saving to a OneDrive folder even after uninstalling OneDrive: I have kind of an odd problem. The newest update 20H2 reinstalled OneDrive to my computer, and I then proceeded to uninstall it, then realized that my documents still saved under the folder C:\Users\camer\OneDrive. I did a registry fix, and successfully changed the location...