Windows 10: OneDrive folder still shows up even after uninstalling the app on Windows PC

Discus and support OneDrive folder still shows up even after uninstalling the app on Windows PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It's been over a month since I uninstalled OneDrive on my Windows 10 PC, yet I've noticed lately that I still see the OneDrive folder at the location... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MicrosoftOSUser, Feb 12, 2020.

1. OneDrive folder still shows up even after uninstalling the app on Windows PC

It's been over a month since I uninstalled OneDrive on my Windows 10 PC, yet I've noticed lately that I still see the OneDrive folder at the location "C:\Users\microsoftosuser\OneDrive" with nearly 50 GB size when checked the properties. I'd appreciate if you could help me with this.

:)

MicrosoftOSUser, Feb 12, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

Anyone know how to remove "OneDrive - For Business" from the Explorer navigation panel? I've tried just about every registry modification, and windows policy for "Onedrive" but they only seem to work for the consumer product, not for onedrive for business.

The onedrive product alone is so damn annoying and continues to load itself upon startup, even when it's explicitly remove from startup. It continues to automatically load and unload itself from within the startup folder... while I'm actively watching it load itself into the startup folder.

Freezer, Feb 12, 2020
  4. eve wang Win User

OneDrive folder still shows up even after uninstalling the app on Windows PC

Unable to uninstall Onedrive For Business

OneDrive can be uninstalled from some versions of Windows 10:

1. Select the Start button, type Programs in the search box, and then select Add or remove programs in the list of results.
    2. Under Apps & features, find and select Microsoft OneDrive, and then select Uninstall.

As OneDrive is built in to some versions of Windows and can't be uninstalled. As a workaround, you can hide it. Reference “Turn off or uninstall OneDrive” for detail steps:
    Turn off, disable, or uninstall OneDrive

eve wang, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive folder still shows up even after uninstalling the app on Windows PC

1. OneDrive folder still shows up even after uninstalling the app on Windows PC - Similar Threads - OneDrive folder still

2. Even after uninstalling application, they still show up in start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Even after uninstalling application, they still show up in start menu: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Jishnu_Bala [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mjd7jq/even_after_uninstalling_application_they_still/
  3. New Documents still saving to a OneDrive folder even after uninstalling OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Documents still saving to a OneDrive folder even after uninstalling OneDrive: I have kind of an odd problem. The newest update 20H2 reinstalled OneDrive to my computer, and I then proceeded to uninstall it, then realized that my documents still saved under the folder C:\Users\camer\OneDrive. I did a registry fix, and successfully changed the location...
  4. Uninstalled program still shows up in Windows Search

Uninstalled program still shows up in Windows Search: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/_Just-Another-Person [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m77ogn/uninstalled_program_still_shows_up_in_windows/
  5. Chrome still shows up in Search after being uninstalled?

Chrome still shows up in Search after being uninstalled?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ItsBlinkzz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lj6hlj/chrome_still_shows_up_in_search_after_being/
  6. Why is the Documents folder in OneDrive showing up in ''This PC''?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is the Documents folder in OneDrive showing up in ''This PC''?: Hi gurus, Need help to fix this problem. 1 I have setup a new laptop with Windows 10 Home OS. 2 But in the File Explorer, the the Documents folder under ''This PC'' is the Documents folder in OneDrive. It's not the local Documents that is local in the hard drive of the...
  7. Freemake Converter option Still showing up in Right-click Menu even after I uninstalled the...

Freemake Converter option Still showing up in Right-click Menu even after I uninstalled the...: A while ago, I had Freemake Video converter downloaded, but it was not what I was looking for so I uninstalled it. Now I realize there is still a menu option showing up when I right-click on a sound or video file. It is uninstalled and I even deleted the extra bits leftover...
  8. Uninstalled Minecraft but it still shows up in Windows Search

in Cortana
    Uninstalled Minecraft but it still shows up in Windows Search: Hello, as the title says, I've uninstalled Minecraft but it still shows up in Windows Search. If I click on it nothing happens and it also doesn't show the usual buttons other than "Open" (Open doesn't do anything either). [ATTACH] Here are the pictures showing that it is...
  9. Office 2013 apps still showing in search after uninstall

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2013 apps still showing in search after uninstall: I Just upgraded to Office 365 Pro(which installed Office 2016 apps) , but these apps are not showing in Windows Search but instead shortcuts from Office 2013 are still showing up as Best Match in Windows Search. eg: Word 2013 shows up when I search for Word but Word 2016...
  10. uninstalled fonts not showing up in folder

in Windows 10 Support
    uninstalled fonts not showing up in folder: I have over 25,000 fonts and have been trying to organize them. I have sorted them into folders such as serifs, san serifs etc. The san serif folders says that it has 1322 fonts in it but only about 1/3 of them are showing up. The last one showing is Eamon. Before I realized...