Windows 10: OneDrive Folder Timestamps not matching when importing

Discus and support OneDrive Folder Timestamps not matching when importing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have my phone set to upload pictures to the onedrive Camera Roll Folder. Once a year, I drag the pictures in the general Camera Roll Folder into a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Schwizer, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Schwizer Win User

OneDrive Folder Timestamps not matching when importing

I have my phone set to upload pictures to the onedrive Camera Roll Folder. Once a year, I drag the pictures in the general Camera Roll Folder into a yearly folder. Example "2020". Just to keep the Camera Roll folder manageable. Then I drag that folder to my computer for an offline backup.

Then I copy that 2020 folder to a USB stick and do an import wizard using Picasa or the default windows "Import Pictures & Videos" wizard. This allows me to create a folder for each date where pictures were taken. This is then my final "good" backup.

This has been working for years across many phones. But this year I noticed that windows is not creating the folders properly. It seems to create the folders with dates that don't match any of the meta data tags. However, when I check the "date taken" column on the USB stick manually, they are all correct.

What tool can I use to import the pictures from the USB stick onto my PC which correctly reads the "date taken" tag and imports all the pictures into a folder structure where each folder is the date that the picture was taken?

Regards

Schwizer

:)

Schwizer, Jan 1, 2021
  2. TarAn_D Win User

Move the OneDrive Folder

Move the OneDrive Folder in Windows 10

When you set up OneDrive to sync with your computer, a folder C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive will be created to store the contents. XXXX denotes your username. To move this folder to another location follow these simple steps:

1. Unlink OneDrive from your PC:

• Go to the taskbar notification area
    • Right-click on the OneDrive icon
    • Select settings
    • Click: Unlink this PC
    2. Delete the C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive folder

3. Create a new folder (target folder) for OneDrive contents, e.g. D:\OneDrive

4. Create Directory Junction for the new folder

• In the search area of the taskbar type CMD and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter
    • In the command window type
    mklink /J C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive D:\OneDrive

adjusting it to your specific username and selection of the target folder

5. Link again OneDrive to your PC using the OneDrive icon in the taskbar notification area

TarAn_D, Jan 1, 2021
  3. onedrive duplicating my folders...

Hi.

Again, onedrive is going crazy and is duplicating my main folder, full of subfolders. It's locking me out of all my files. I have windows 10, Office 365 home. I paused synch at the moment before I have 1000 copy of my folder, which I can't open anyway!
    Please don't ask me any question that will further delay the repair. Simply give me a step by step solution and then improve onedrive so this won't happen again to so many of us. I suggest you also add "onedrive" in the list of "Windows Topics" below since
    thousands of users have issues with it.

Thanks

Michel

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Michel Chiangmai, Jan 1, 2021
  4. OneDrive Folder Timestamps not matching when importing

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

OneDrive Folder Timestamps not matching when importing

1. OneDrive Folder Timestamps not matching when importing - Similar Threads - OneDrive Folder Timestamps

2. Folder not updating modified timestamp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder not updating modified timestamp: When I change contents in a sub folder, I expect date modified should go to the parent folders. But the modified information only ascends 1 level. Is there any way to increase the depth of the update so that the top level folders are showing the latest timestamp of files...
  3. Folder not updating modified timestamp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder not updating modified timestamp: When I change contents in a sub folder, I expect date modified should go to the parent folders. But the modified information only ascends 1 level. Is there any way to increase the depth of the update so that the top level folders are showing the latest timestamp of files...
  4. MS DOS folder timestamp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS DOS folder timestamp: Hello, the problem i am having is preserving android folder timestamp to windows pc. On many forums, users complain that microsoft uses decades old 8.3 filestamp convention during the MS DOS days to store folder timestamps within zip archive and there are no new developments...
  5. MS DOS folder timestamp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS DOS folder timestamp: Hello, the problem i am having is preserving android folder timestamp to windows pc. On many forums, users complain that microsoft uses decades old 8.3 filestamp convention during the MS DOS days to store folder timestamps within zip archive and there are no new developments...
  6. MS DOS folder timestamp

7. OneDrive App Doesn't Match OneDrive on Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive App Doesn't Match OneDrive on Edge: I used the OneDrive app to move some folders. If I go to OneDrive using my browser, the contents there doesn't match.Is there a way to synch them?...
  8. [HELP] OneDrive won't backup "Important PC Folders"

[HELP] OneDrive won't backup "Important PC Folders": I have two laptops which I would like to sync my Documents/Pictures between. Both laptops are running Windows 10 Pro 21H1 - 19043.1110 and the same version of OneDrive 21.119.0613.0001 as can be seen in the screenshots. However, on one of the laptops I have the option to...
  9. OneDrive - Group policy - Important Folders except Desktop

OneDrive - Group policy - Important Folders except Desktop: Hi, I'm interested in using the OneDrive "Important Folders" feature to backup all Documents and Pictures silently when users logon to devices but not the Desktop. I'd like to manage and push the setup out via Group policy settings. Running the latest ADMX files I can't...
  10. OneDrive "Protect important folders" and existing folders

OneDrive "Protect important folders" and existing folders: Let's say that I have an existing "Documents" folder in OneDrive that I created manually. Then I turn on "Protect your important folders" which, as I understand, is going to move any documents I have in the default Windows "Documents" folder to a OneDrive "Documents"...