Windows 10: OneDrive folder unaccessable - HELP

Discus and support OneDrive folder unaccessable - HELP in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I'm currently having an issue with OneDrive right now. I tried going to the OneDrive folder, but it instead said this. C:/[REAL... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Wodienfor, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Wodienfor Win User

OneDrive folder unaccessable - HELP

Hello.

I'm currently having an issue with OneDrive right now.

I tried going to the OneDrive folder, but it instead said this.

C:/[REAL NAME]/OneDrive is not accessible.

The file cannot be accessed by the system.

After being a bit disappointed by the Fall Creators update because of the folder change, I thought signing up to OneDrive might help fix the issue, but it didn't work, so I have no choice but to downgrade, but the problem mentioned kicks in.

I've tried a lot of tips but it didn't work very well. I really don't want to reset my PC altogether because I don't want to lose all of my files, though I have a 1TB external hard drive that can back up all of my files before resetting.

I even tried resetting OneDrive and changing the folders, no dice. Paint.NET wouldn't recognize the user files folder in the different OneDrive folder, and Sony Vegas wouldn't recognize the OFX presets folder in the different one either, as it recognized before I regretfully upgraded my Windows 10 and signing up for OneDrive. I should've signed up in the old update. I regret that.

Here's the picture for proof.

OneDrive folder unaccessable - HELP 651a1a1a-8629-40b7-8de3-2b97c23983fe?upload=true.png

Please help me fix this issue. If you found a tip that's useful for fixing, it'll be appreciated.

:)

Wodienfor, Jul 15, 2020

2. onedrive duplicating my folders...

Hi.

Again, onedrive is going crazy and is duplicating my main folder, full of subfolders. It's locking me out of all my files. I have windows 10, Office 365 home. I paused synch at the moment before I have 1000 copy of my folder, which I can't open anyway!
    Please don't ask me any question that will further delay the repair. Simply give me a step by step solution and then improve onedrive so this won't happen again to so many of us. I suggest you also add "onedrive" in the list of "Windows Topics" below since
    thousands of users have issues with it.

Thanks

Michel

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Michel Chiangmai, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 15, 2020
  4. OneDrive folder unaccessable - HELP

Onedrive move folder to document

Hi Rendell,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What happens when you try to move the folder?
    • From when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to refer the article below and check if that helps.

Move the OneDrive Folder

Move the OneDrive Folder

You can refer to the following work around. This will help you to choose the folders to sync on Onedrive.

• Right click on OneDrive icon of
      System Tray

• Click on Settings, then click on
      choose folders
      tab.

• Click on choose folders option, then click on sync only these folders.

Hope the information helps. Please reply back with a status so that we can assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive folder unaccessable - HELP

1. OneDrive folder unaccessable - HELP - Similar Threads - OneDrive folder unaccessable

2. 600GB of unaccessable data.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    600GB of unaccessable data.: Hi,After a recent purge of old files, I noticed that my D: drive has 780GB of data. After using Windows' settings to see what is in the D: drive, there is apparently 600GB of 'other' data that I cannot see when I go into it. I've used TreeSize to look into it, and it only...
  3. 600GB of unaccessable data.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    600GB of unaccessable data.: Hi,After a recent purge of old files, I noticed that my D: drive has 780GB of data. After using Windows' settings to see what is in the D: drive, there is apparently 600GB of 'other' data that I cannot see when I go into it. I've used TreeSize to look into it, and it only...
  4. Unaccessible Partitions in Windows 11.

Unaccessible Partitions in Windows 11.: I used to have partitions W:/ Y/: and Z/: Last week they disappeared in Explorer, they are no longer accessible, but they are still present in partition manager. When I rename the drive character in something lower than W: everything is ok. So V: is the highest label I can...
  5. [HELP] OneDrive folder is disappeared it turns into a file

[HELP] OneDrive folder is disappeared it turns into a file: Hello everyone, I had some trouble with Onedrive, The synchronization folder suddenly disappears, rather it becomes a file only 0 KB. [ATTACH] I thought it was still on my hard drive but I could not access it. My partition has a capacity of 292GB but has used 276GB...
  6. [Help] Onedrive folder protection not showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Help] Onedrive folder protection not showing up: [ATTACH] i was setting up a new pc and was using the onedrive desktop folder protection to sync between devices before now the option for that is completly gone from onedrive any way to get it back?...
  7. USB drives unaccessable after disabling virtual drive -- Help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB drives unaccessable after disabling virtual drive -- Help: Yesterday I mounted an iso file as a virtual drive using the Power2Go software. It asked which drive letter I wanted to use, since my USB 2.0 hub uses letters E, F, G and H, I chose the letter V. Today, I diasabled the virtual drive as I no longer needed it. I have a two...
  8. OneDrive Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Folders: I have setup the OneDrive sync folder to my secondary D Drive but when I add folders from the D Drive it is essentially mirroring those folders and doubling the space taken on that drive. Am I missing something in my setup of the sync folders? I want to mirror the D Drive...
  9. Onedrive Folder

Onedrive Folder: Help ! I have a premium Onedrive account and my Samsung Galaxy Book, but everytime I click my Onedrive Folder ( in File Explorer ) it keeps not responding . I'm using Windown 10 Education. I have uninstalled anf re-installed many times and it didn't work ....
  10. Unaccessible folders on a fully shared disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unaccessible folders on a fully shared disk: I have an Ethernet network with 2 desktops and also a laptop with a Wi-Fi access to the network and to the Internet. Both partitions of the Hard Disk of the main desktop (D:\ and E:\) are shared and accessible from the other desktop and from the laptop. The main desktop and...