Windows 10: OneDrive folder

Discus and support OneDrive folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good evening, I got rid of one drive in windows 10 in all the places except in one place the folder of one drive in : C:\Users\xxxxx\one drive I keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pepito451, Nov 29, 2020.

1. pepito451 Win User

OneDrive folder

Good evening,

I got rid of one drive in windows 10 in all the places except in one place
    the folder of one drive in : C:\Users\xxxxx\one drive
    I keep on deleting it but it comes back....
    How can I get rid of him permanently ? there is no links to him anymore but I can`t stand to see him again and again

:)

pepito451, Nov 29, 2020
  2. TarAn_D Win User

Move the OneDrive Folder

Move the OneDrive Folder in Windows 10

When you set up OneDrive to sync with your computer, a folder C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive will be created to store the contents. XXXX denotes your username. To move this folder to another location follow these simple steps:

1. Unlink OneDrive from your PC:

• Go to the taskbar notification area
    • Right-click on the OneDrive icon
    • Select settings
    • Click: Unlink this PC
    2. Delete the C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive folder

3. Create a new folder (target folder) for OneDrive contents, e.g. D:\OneDrive

4. Create Directory Junction for the new folder

• In the search area of the taskbar type CMD and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter
    • In the command window type
    mklink /J C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive D:\OneDrive

adjusting it to your specific username and selection of the target folder

5. Link again OneDrive to your PC using the OneDrive icon in the taskbar notification area

TarAn_D, Nov 29, 2020
  3. onedrive duplicating my folders...

Hi.

Again, onedrive is going crazy and is duplicating my main folder, full of subfolders. It's locking me out of all my files. I have windows 10, Office 365 home. I paused synch at the moment before I have 1000 copy of my folder, which I can't open anyway!
    Please don't ask me any question that will further delay the repair. Simply give me a step by step solution and then improve onedrive so this won't happen again to so many of us. I suggest you also add "onedrive" in the list of "Windows Topics" below since
    thousands of users have issues with it.

Thanks

Michel

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Michel Chiangmai, Nov 29, 2020
  4. OneDrive folder

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive folder

1. OneDrive folder - Similar Threads - OneDrive folder

2. How to uninstall OneDrive when I can't find it anywhere except in my user folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to uninstall OneDrive when I can't find it anywhere except in my user folder: I want to uninstall it and remove the folders for Desktop, Documents and Pictures. I can't find the program ANYWHERE on my computer or in my registry to uninstall it. It seems MS wants to force you to keep it. I want it gone, and all those folders gone. Please help me. TIA...
  3. How to uninstall OneDrive when I can't find it anywhere except in my user folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to uninstall OneDrive when I can't find it anywhere except in my user folder: I want to uninstall it and remove the folders for Desktop, Documents and Pictures. I can't find the program ANYWHERE on my computer or in my registry to uninstall it. It seems MS wants to force you to keep it. I want it gone, and all those folders gone. Please help me. TIA...
  4. I want to specifically stop 1 folder from syncing to onedrive . How can i do that, whatever...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to specifically stop 1 folder from syncing to onedrive . How can i do that, whatever...: I want to specifically stop 1 folder from syncing to onedrive . How can i do that, whatever i search from previous question are not up to date....
  5. I want to specifically stop 1 folder from syncing to onedrive . How can i do that, whatever...

I want to specifically stop 1 folder from syncing to onedrive . How can i do that, whatever...: I want to specifically stop 1 folder from syncing to onedrive . How can i do that, whatever i search from previous question are not up to date....
  6. How to collapse OneDrive folder in File explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to collapse OneDrive folder in File explorer: When opening a new file explorer windows, the OneDrive folder on the left is always open. I want it to be collapsed by default. Is there a way to do it? It blocks my Quick Access folders. I hate it....
  7. How to collapse OneDrive folder in File explorer

How to collapse OneDrive folder in File explorer: When opening a new file explorer windows, the OneDrive folder on the left is always open. I want it to be collapsed by default. Is there a way to do it? It blocks my Quick Access folders. I hate it....
  8. OneDrive overwrote files from the same folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive overwrote files from the same folder: Staff, I had OneDrive installed. So I unlinked my account and unsynchronized it. I kept using the folders created with the path "onedrive\...", and then I decided to link my account again. In the process, OneDrive gave me the option of using the same existing folder and ended...
  9. OneDrive overwrote files from the same folder

OneDrive overwrote files from the same folder: Staff, I had OneDrive installed. So I unlinked my account and unsynchronized it. I kept using the folders created with the path "onedrive\...", and then I decided to link my account again. In the process, OneDrive gave me the option of using the same existing folder and ended...
  10. How do I have some folders stored locally only and NOT on onedrive

How do I have some folders stored locally only and NOT on onedrive: Hello,I have some software that stores files in Documents/*******how do i stop these from syncing and only have them saved on my PC?this extremely annoying I cant run this software without onedrive syncing and its a huge amount of data that does not need to be backed up and...