Windows 10: Onedrive Folders and files not deleting in File Explorer

Discus and support Onedrive Folders and files not deleting in File Explorer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The one drive on my PC always showing uploading files around 205 MB in administrator account but it will stuck to uploading around 25 MB and then again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sam9, May 5, 2019.

1. sam9 Win User

Onedrive Folders and files not deleting in File Explorer

The one drive on my PC always showing uploading files around 205 MB in administrator account but it will stuck to uploading around 25 MB and then again starts from around 10 MB and will again go to around 25 or 27 MB and will continue doing this. There are files in the Onedrive bar which I have figured that these files are photos of around 6 to 7 MB each and I think Onedrive is not uploading more than 5 MB of files and getting stuck.

In non administrator it keep showing processing 38 files but no file shows there

I am not even able to delete this Folder or Files from File Explorer. Whenever I right click and choose Delete, nothing happens.

1.How Can I delete this Folder from my File Explorer. 2. Is it right that one drive does not upload more than 5 MB file.

:)

sam9, May 5, 2019

2. Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

or do i need it?

computer45, May 5, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Explorer hangs when opening OneDrive folder

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

You may try the steps listed below and check if it works.

Uninstall OneDrive:

• Search ‘CMD’ from the start menu and choose ‘Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy paste the following command and hit enter:

taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe
    • Copy paste the following command and hit enter once the command mentioned above is completed:

%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall
    Delete OneDrive related files:

• Open ‘File Explorer’ and type ‘%UserProfile%\OneDrive’ in the address bar.
    • Select all the files and Delete.
    • Type ‘%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\OneDrive’ in the address bar and tap Enter.
    • Right click the logs folder and Delete.
    • Delete all the files except the ‘Update’
      folder.
    • Type ‘%ProgramData%\Microsoft OneDrive’ in the address bar and tap Enter.
    • Delete all the files present there.
    • Type C:\OneDriveTemp in the address bar and tap Enter.
    • Delete all the files and restart the computer.

Reinstall OneDrive:

• Open File Explorer and type the following in the address bar:

C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive
    • Double click the Update folder and run the
      OneDriveSetup file.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall OneDrive.

Check if the issue persists after reinstalling OneDrive.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Junaid_A, May 5, 2019
  4. Onedrive Folders and files not deleting in File Explorer

Cant Delete Files From Desktop

Well, ran into a weird bug with vista, for some reason i cant delete files from desktop, this normaly happens to .exe files, the ONLY fix seems to be to KILL explorer.exe, and delete the file, then restat explorer, anybody got any idea why this happens?

Rebo&amp;Zooty, May 5, 2019
Thema:

Onedrive Folders and files not deleting in File Explorer

1. Onedrive Folders and files not deleting in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Onedrive Folders files

2. Onedrive folders doesn't refresh in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive folders doesn't refresh in File Explorer: File Explorer doesn't refresh automatically in my Onedrive synchronized folders. This is very annoying and it is happening exactly the same in both my home and my office computer, which are similarly configured. If the folder is not synchronized by Onedrive, File Explorer...
  3. Onedrive folders doesn't refresh in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive folders doesn't refresh in File Explorer: File Explorer doesn't refresh automatically in my Onedrive synchronized folders. This is very annoying and it is happening exactly the same in both my home and my office computer, which are similarly configured. If the folder is not synchronized by Onedrive, File Explorer...
  4. File Explorer with Onedrive duplicates files in folder instead of folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer with Onedrive duplicates files in folder instead of folder: When using OneDrive, if you try to duplicate a folder, it creates a copy of all the files inside instead of creating a copy of the folder.So if I have this folder structure:New Folder file1.txtThen when I copy-paste the folder to duplicate it, I get this:New Folder file1 -...
  5. File Explorer with Onedrive duplicates files in folder instead of folder

File Explorer with Onedrive duplicates files in folder instead of folder: When using OneDrive, if you try to duplicate a folder, it creates a copy of all the files inside instead of creating a copy of the folder.So if I have this folder structure:New Folder file1.txtThen when I copy-paste the folder to duplicate it, I get this:New Folder file1 -...
  6. Delete all file and folders in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete all file and folders in OneDrive: I have made several changes to the devices on my network and my OneDrive is now in a confused mess.I would like to remove all files and folders and remove all syncing, effectively restoring OneDrive to the as installed condition.How can I do this?...
  7. Delete Onedrive icon from file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete Onedrive icon from file explorer: We are using OneDrive for business in our office. I link OneDrive to my business email address for a long time. Couple of days ago I linked of our colleague account to copy some folders to my desktop. After copying his data I unlinked his account but the OneDrive icon is...
  8. Deleting folders from File Explorer

Deleting folders from File Explorer: Hello, the option to delete folders in My Docs appears to have disappeared. Anybody have any clues? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-folders-from-file-explorer/5ad75c5e-3cc1-4ff1-bc35-0b608b4619e6"
  9. OneDrive folders will not open in File Explorer

OneDrive folders will not open in File Explorer: OneDrive folders (e.g. Documents, Pictures, etc.) will not open using File Explorer. File Explorer hangs. Folders and files using OneDrive app and OneDrive online work correctly. OneDrive folders do open correctly using a non-Microsoft file manager (TreeSize Personal)....
  10. Onedrive folder/file deletion

Onedrive folder/file deletion: Had this issue before today's cum update and still there. Local folders created within the default folders (Docs, Pictures, etc) can't be deleted and files within can't be either. If files is in a default folder vs a personally created sub-folder, they behave normally and I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove file binder

2. how delete files that wont delete in one drive

3. do most people uninstall one drive

4. onedrive folders are unable to delete,
  5. one drive file not deleting,
  6. deleting one drive files in file explorer,
  7. onedrive files deleting,
  8. OneDrive and deleting files,
  9. delete onedrive folder windows 10,
  10. onedrive cant delete folder,
  11. why cant i delete computer resident onedrive files,