Windows 10: OneDrive folders appear under my user folder in File Explorer

Discus and support OneDrive folders appear under my user folder in File Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm not sure when this happened (prior to my Anniversary update), but something has gone weird in File Explorer. When I view my user folder (from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by YourPalMark, Aug 2, 2016.

1. OneDrive folders appear under my user folder in File Explorer

I'm not sure when this happened (prior to my Anniversary update), but something has gone weird in File Explorer. When I view my user folder (from the left navigation of FE), the sub folders for Documents and Pictures shown aren't my local folders at all, but OneDrive folders.
    I can still see the local folders by navigating to Local Disk C:>Users> and finally to my user folder, but why do I need to go though all that? Why in the heck are OneDrive folders being shown in the user folder that is supposed to only show local content? *Shock

:)

YourPalMark, Aug 2, 2016

2. windows explorer

File Explorer navigation pane shows my Onedrive\Documents folder under "This PC" instead of my C:\Users\AccountName\Documents folder that should be there. This change occurred sometime in the recent past. The same is true of my Onedrive\Pictures folder.
    They also appear under "Onedrive" where they should be. I don't know what caused this and can find no way to correct it.

GeraldDummer, Aug 2, 2016
  3. wallace99 Win User
    Problem with location of Pictures library after making pictures available on OneDrive

Yesterday i decided to make all my pictures, from my master file on PC, available on OneDrive so as to be accessible from other devices. I did this by simply moving the picture folders (there were a few high level folders) to the OneDrive folder. This worked
    fine as far as OneDrive was concerned but the libraries then looked a bit odd.

Normally the libraries folders can appear in two different ways in File Explorer: immediately under This PC and under the Libraries folder, if this is showing. I found that Pictures library is no longer appearing directly under This PC but it still does
    appear under the Libraries folder. However, when I open Pictures under the Libraries folder, it appears to offer several different locations:

D/users/myname/OneDrive/pictures this location then shows all my high level pictures folders

(this is the correct location as far as i am concerned and it shows the folders thati would expect to see)

For some reason it also shows D/users/myname/OneDrive as a location, with this location showing all the One Drive folders, including Pictures.

There are also a couple of fairly insignificant locations which it mentions. I think these are ones where a piece of software has automatically created a Pictures folder to store pictures.

How can I get the the Pictures library to re-appear directly under under This PC and showing only the folders under D/users/myname/OneDrive/pictures.

like it used to do when my photos were in D/users/myname/pictures.

I feel this should be possible since, some time ago, I made Documents available on OneDrive. The Documents library happily appears under This PC, under Libraries or of course, more directly, under D/users/myname/OneDrive Unfortunately i can't remember exactly
    how I carried out the process of making Documents available on OneDrive to compare.

[Moved from:
    OneDrive / Working with files and folders on OneDrive / Adding and removing files and folders / OneDrive in Windows 10]

wallace99, Aug 2, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

OneDrive folders appear under my user folder in File Explorer

Brink, Aug 2, 2016
  5. I guess, but this definitely not how things were a couple of months ago. Thanks!

YourPalMark, Aug 2, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    In that case, please post a screenshot showing this to see if anything looks out of sort.

In addition, you could use the method in the tutorial I posted about to select which OneDrive folders you want to sync on your PC.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

OneDrive folders appear under my user folder in File Explorer

1. OneDrive folders appear under my user folder in File Explorer - Similar Threads - OneDrive folders appear

2. Show OneDrive folder under Home in File Explore Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Show OneDrive folder under Home in File Explore Win11: Hello,I have 2 OneDrive accounts, one is a personal account and one is my work account. My personal OneDrive folder is display right below Home in File Explorer, makes it very easy to access. However, my business OneDrive folder is not, and I have to click 2 - 3 times to...
  3. Show OneDrive folder under Home in File Explore Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Show OneDrive folder under Home in File Explore Win11: Hello,I have 2 OneDrive accounts, one is a personal account and one is my work account. My personal OneDrive folder is display right below Home in File Explorer, makes it very easy to access. However, my business OneDrive folder is not, and I have to click 2 - 3 times to...
  4. Onedrive is back to appearing in Explorer as a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Onedrive is back to appearing in Explorer as a folder: Current version of Windows 10 Pro. I followed a tutorial here do uninstall OneDrive. While using Explorer today (on this laptop), I see that OneDrive folder keeps reappearing. I don't find evidence that OneDrive has managed to reinstall itself -- which is to say, I can't find...
  5. In files explorer, my onedrive pictures folder and under "this pc" pictures folder are one...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In files explorer, my onedrive pictures folder and under "this pc" pictures folder are one...: In order for me to access my local pictures, I have to go to local disk > users > pictures. Why is that? Why can't my pictures folder under "this pc" be my local photos? Instead, it's the onedrive pictures....
  6. Missing folders that appear under ThisPC in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing folders that appear under ThisPC in file explorer: In windows 10 the 6 folders that appear under thisPC is not showing, How to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-folders-that-appear-under-thispc-in-file/b5020674-2475-434b-b8a0-7d35a0ff88c2
  7. OneDrive and user file folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive and user file folders: In Windows 10, I put my user file folders My Documents, My Music, etc. into my OneDrive folder. But this seemed to confuse the OneDrive app, as well as Windows. I guess I should have known better than do do this with system folders, rather than just those system folders’...
  8. Weird folder appeared in Users tab in file explorer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Weird folder appeared in Users tab in file explorer: After an update, I found a new user in my Users folder in the file explorer. It seems to have all of the files my user has, but it has a weird name. I'm not sure if I was hacked or if it is a glitch, please help....
  9. What folders should appear under the Users folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    What folders should appear under the Users folder?: I really thought the names of user accounts would be seen in the Users folder, but aside from the recognized "user accounts" of my own, Public, and Administrator, I have the following: .NET v4.5 .NET v4.5 Classic All Users Default Default User Default.migrated...
  10. strange folders under users folders...

in Windows 10 Support
    strange folders under users folders...: i found these strange folders under the users folders and other places... dozens of them... ones like Send To, Start Menu, Templates, etc they have shortcut arrows but they are not... they are file folders and they have no size and the date is when i installed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive folder in windows user folder

2. two onedrive folders in users

3. one drive under user and one drive folder

4. what is in onedrive directory under users folder,
  5. what is the onedrive directory under user