Windows 10: OneDrive folders appear under 'ThisPC' dialog windows of many programs

Discus and support OneDrive folders appear under 'ThisPC' dialog windows of many programs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, whenever I open a dialog window in a program (i.e. to open/save a file) I get, under ThisPC all Onedrive folders before getting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Leon Robinson, Feb 6, 2020.

1. OneDrive folders appear under 'ThisPC' dialog windows of many programs

Hi everyone,

whenever I open a dialog window in a program (i.e. to open/save a file) I get, under ThisPC all Onedrive folders before getting the Drives.
    Under This PC I cleaned all folders that are not drive, so it looks like:

OneDrive folders appear under 'ThisPC' dialog windows of many programs [​IMG]

While my OneDrive folder (location: D:\OneDrive) :

Well, these are my dialog windows for 3 different programs.

The onedrive folders are before any drive unit.

Thank you for any help

cheers

(Win 10 ver 1511)

:)

Leon Robinson, Feb 6, 2020

2. Folders in thisPC open to oneDrive

Just recently, my HP laptop running windows 10 had the problem that the documents folder and the pictures folder in thisPC redirect to their respective oneDrive folders instead to my user folders. I have not been able to fix this yet in thisPC, but I was
    able to fix it in quick acces where I had the same problem. I did this by deleting unpinning the folders and then pinning the correct folders. However, I am unable to do this with thisPC.

ThomasBordeaux, Feb 6, 2020
  3. Folders in thisPC open to oneDrive

I am having this problem on my desktop.....I have two sets of everything and it's very confusing. I just had to reformat my hard drive to upgrade to the latest Windows 10 upgrade. I have a new HP PC and it was a problem with the partition that caused me
    to upgrade.

I want to totally delete OneDrive. I followed instructions, but it's still there. Microsoft technical support was useless and sent me to this website.

Can anybody help?

Steven Jay Rosenberg, Feb 6, 2020
  4. Garyw Win User

OneDrive folders appear under 'ThisPC' dialog windows of many programs

OneDrive dialog appears occasionally

Make sure that Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to Windows is not checked.

Disable here (in Task Manager):

Garyw, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive folders appear under 'ThisPC' dialog windows of many programs

1. OneDrive folders appear under 'ThisPC' dialog windows of many programs - Similar Threads - OneDrive folders appear

2. OneDrive no login dialog.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive no login dialog.: Brand new Windows 11 install - logged into live - click on onedrive to login and nothing. No login window, I'm logged in to the live / outlook account. No onedrive login dialog. Any ideas how to display the OneDrive login dialog after clicking OneDrive SignIn?...
  3. OneDrive no login dialog.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive no login dialog.: Brand new Windows 11 install - logged into live - click on onedrive to login and nothing. No login window, I'm logged in to the live / outlook account. No onedrive login dialog. Any ideas how to display the OneDrive login dialog after clicking OneDrive SignIn?...
  4. Missing folders that appear under ThisPC in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing folders that appear under ThisPC in file explorer: In windows 10 the 6 folders that appear under thisPC is not showing, How to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-folders-that-appear-under-thispc-in-file/b5020674-2475-434b-b8a0-7d35a0ff88c2
  5. the "save as" dialog box freezes for 30-60 seconds in many windows programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the "save as" dialog box freezes for 30-60 seconds in many windows programs: hey guys, I started this discussion at the following link because I thought it was a chrome issue like everyone else did: https://support.google.com/chrome/thread/21651687?hl=en however I have noticed over the last couple of days that this same thing happens with...
  6. Files appeared under folder devices and drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Files appeared under folder devices and drives: There 3 folder with 2 3 GB information under folder (devices and drives) There is no option to delete these files. I have noticed them just today. It wasn't there How to delete?...
  7. OneDrive dialog appears occasionally

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive dialog appears occasionally: Sometimes but not always when I boot Windows 10 the following appears. How can I make this stop appearing? [img] 119435
  8. Sole User and not showing under ThisPc/C/Users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sole User and not showing under ThisPc/C/Users: Instead of myself, what I have under Users, is a folder that I had from windows 7 in my network. It was Users/Desktop/MyBaby. When I upgraded to Win10 it added that under Users. My name is nowhere in that win 10 Users folder. I just downloaded the 'Take Ownership' script...
  9. What folders should appear under the Users folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    What folders should appear under the Users folder?: I really thought the names of user accounts would be seen in the Users folder, but aside from the recognized "user accounts" of my own, Public, and Administrator, I have the following: .NET v4.5 .NET v4.5 Classic All Users Default Default User Default.migrated...
  10. OneDrive folders appear under my user folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive folders appear under my user folder in File Explorer: I'm not sure when this happened (prior to my Anniversary update), but something has gone weird in File Explorer. When I view my user folder (from the left navigation of FE), the sub folders for Documents and Pictures shown aren't my local folders at all, but OneDrive folders....