Windows 10: OneDrive folders setting offline or online

Discus and support OneDrive folders setting offline or online in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to make certain folders in OneDrive in FileExplorer available offline, so I can quickly get access to them without waiting for them to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NicholasHudson-Ellis, May 18, 2021.

1. OneDrive folders setting offline or online

I am trying to make certain folders in OneDrive in FileExplorer available offline, so I can quickly get access to them without waiting for them to download. I searched for documentation, which seems to indicate you need to choose "make available offline" in the file/folder contextual menu. But option is not there.Was this function moved, or is this related to the "Files On Demand" setting?

:)

NicholasHudson-Ellis, May 18, 2021
  2. stlsailor Win User

How does Windows 10 conversion setup offline OneDrive files by default

When I migrate to Windows 10,

• Placeholders will be deleted from my local OneDrive folder.
    • Per folder selective sync will be available.
    But that leaves a question…

• Will per folder selective sync be turned OFF by default at conversion?
      • This means offline files on the local OneDrive folder will be orphaned.
      • Therefore, to avoid confusion, I’d need to either (a) delete them since they’re available online and since sync is off, or (b) turn on selective sync for the folder they’re in and sync all files in the folder, or (c) do nothing if OneDrive automatically deleted them in the conversion.

• Or, will per folder selective sync be turned ON by default for folders that have offline files in them, syncing all files in such a folder?

• Or, will OneDrive try to sync all folders to my local OneDrive, overwhelming the smaller drive on my laptop?
    It seems to me this would be important to know, but I've not been able to find anything on it.

stlsailor, May 18, 2021
  3. TarAn_D Win User
    Move the OneDrive Folder

Move the OneDrive Folder in Windows 10

When you set up OneDrive to sync with your computer, a folder C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive will be created to store the contents. XXXX denotes your username. To move this folder to another location follow these simple steps:

1. Unlink OneDrive from your PC:

• Go to the taskbar notification area
    • Right-click on the OneDrive icon
    • Select settings
    • Click: Unlink this PC
    2. Delete the C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive folder

3. Create a new folder (target folder) for OneDrive contents, e.g. D:\OneDrive

4. Create Directory Junction for the new folder

• In the search area of the taskbar type CMD and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter
    • In the command window type
    mklink /J C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive D:\OneDrive

adjusting it to your specific username and selection of the target folder

5. Link again OneDrive to your PC using the OneDrive icon in the taskbar notification area

TarAn_D, May 18, 2021
  4. OneDrive folders setting offline or online

OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

OneDrive folders setting offline or online ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, May 18, 2021
Thema:

OneDrive folders setting offline or online

1. OneDrive folders setting offline or online - Similar Threads - OneDrive folders setting

2. Change OneDrive Folder Type online

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change OneDrive Folder Type online: Hi,My question is pretty simple:I am trying to change a Folder Type from "Pictures" to "Documents" on the OneDrive Website https://onedrive.live.com but it doesn't change, when I click save.It is a custom folder 00_Phone that syncs photos and documents from my Phone. I never...
  3. Change OneDrive Folder Type online

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change OneDrive Folder Type online: Hi,My question is pretty simple:I am trying to change a Folder Type from "Pictures" to "Documents" on the OneDrive Website https://onedrive.live.com but it doesn't change, when I click save.It is a custom folder 00_Phone that syncs photos and documents from my Phone. I never...
  4. Offline to Online - files safe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Offline to Online - files safe?: Hi,I have 3 mybook external usb drives, 2 have always been connected to my main pc and one was connected to an older pc.I have now retired the older pc and tried to connect the mybook from that onto my main pc, I hear it bing when plugged in but it is not shown in explorer as...
  5. Offline to Online - files safe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Offline to Online - files safe?: Hi,I have 3 mybook external usb drives, 2 have always been connected to my main pc and one was connected to an older pc.I have now retired the older pc and tried to connect the mybook from that onto my main pc, I hear it bing when plugged in but it is not shown in explorer as...
  6. Offline to Online - files safe?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. OneDrive local v OneDrive online: Folder names not the same

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive local v OneDrive online: Folder names not the same: My OneDrive is running, or shall I say I think so If I click the cloud icon in the notification area, it says 'OneDrive is up to date'. Further, in file explorer it seems that the status icons are updating when required. However, try as I may, folder names in the online...
  8. Screens reset online and offline

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screens reset online and offline: Whether I am on a screen either online or working with my file or desktop apps, when I go to a page the screen is okay for a minute or two, but then for no reason at all it will either go back to a previous screen, or go out of the screen altogether. I posted this on the...
  9. Change printer offline to online

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change printer offline to online: How do I turn printer online from offline https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-printer-offline-to-online/0109d8d6-e909-4652-8532-14a6604f06d7
  10. How to change Offline to online

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change Offline to online: How do I change offline to online https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-offline-to-online/da6527fc-de53-4c17-a073-f8412c5cd2db