Windows 10: OneDrive folders will not open in File Explorer

Discus and support OneDrive folders will not open in File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; OneDrive folders (e.g. Documents, Pictures, etc.) will not open using File Explorer. File Explorer hangs. Folders and files using OneDrive app and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by donaldkaplan, Sep 11, 2019.

1. OneDrive folders will not open in File Explorer

OneDrive folders (e.g. Documents, Pictures, etc.) will not open using File Explorer. File Explorer hangs. Folders and files using OneDrive app and OneDrive online work correctly. OneDrive folders do open correctly using a non-Microsoft file manager (TreeSize Personal).

:)

donaldkaplan, Sep 11, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Explorer hangs when opening OneDrive folder

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

You may try the steps listed below and check if it works.

Uninstall OneDrive:

• Search ‘CMD’ from the start menu and choose ‘Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy paste the following command and hit enter:

taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe
    • Copy paste the following command and hit enter once the command mentioned above is completed:

%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall
    Delete OneDrive related files:

• Open ‘File Explorer’ and type ‘%UserProfile%\OneDrive’ in the address bar.
    • Select all the files and Delete.
    • Type ‘%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\OneDrive’ in the address bar and tap Enter.
    • Right click the logs folder and Delete.
    • Delete all the files except the ‘Update’
      folder.
    • Type ‘%ProgramData%\Microsoft OneDrive’ in the address bar and tap Enter.
    • Delete all the files present there.
    • Type C:\OneDriveTemp in the address bar and tap Enter.
    • Delete all the files and restart the computer.

Reinstall OneDrive:

• Open File Explorer and type the following in the address bar:

C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive
    • Double click the Update folder and run the
      OneDriveSetup file.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall OneDrive.

Check if the issue persists after reinstalling OneDrive.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Junaid_A, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    How can I "unhide" onedrive from file explorer

Open 'OneDrive' folder from the Start menu/AllApps list.

Edwin, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

OneDrive folders will not open in File Explorer

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive folders will not open in File Explorer

1. OneDrive folders will not open in File Explorer - Similar Threads - OneDrive folders open

2. How to open in File Explorer a OneDrive public shared folder ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to open in File Explorer a OneDrive public shared folder ?: Hi,How can I access in File Explorer this OneDrive public shared folder: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjhBd_jsyzaBgYEkJ7iSGCqoUK2XNA?e=kKawIHI can see it online after entering the password. But I do not see how to access it from my Windows 11 pc. Regards...
  3. How to open in File Explorer a OneDrive public shared folder ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to open in File Explorer a OneDrive public shared folder ?: Hi,How can I access in File Explorer this OneDrive public shared folder: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjhBd_jsyzaBgYEkJ7iSGCqoUK2XNA?e=kKawIHI can see it online after entering the password. But I do not see how to access it from my Windows 11 pc. Regards...
  4. File Explorer with Onedrive duplicates files in folder instead of folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer with Onedrive duplicates files in folder instead of folder: When using OneDrive, if you try to duplicate a folder, it creates a copy of all the files inside instead of creating a copy of the folder.So if I have this folder structure:New Folder file1.txtThen when I copy-paste the folder to duplicate it, I get this:New Folder file1 -...
  5. File Explorer with Onedrive duplicates files in folder instead of folder

File Explorer with Onedrive duplicates files in folder instead of folder: When using OneDrive, if you try to duplicate a folder, it creates a copy of all the files inside instead of creating a copy of the folder.So if I have this folder structure:New Folder file1.txtThen when I copy-paste the folder to duplicate it, I get this:New Folder file1 -...
  6. File Explorer crashes when opening folder/file from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer crashes when opening folder/file from OneDrive: File Explorer crashes freezes on click or right-click folder/file from OneDrive. It works fine on other Windows users. I have already tried: reseting the OD reinstalling the OD System File Checker turning off the detail/preview pane off Any more ideas?...
  7. Cannot open folders or files in Onedrive using Explorer

Cannot open folders or files in Onedrive using Explorer: This problem has been floating around the forum a bit but I never saw a resolution. When I try to open any files or folders in OneDrive using Explorer, it just sits and the blue circle pointer spins for a minute or two its painfully long then stops spinning ultimately and...
  8. Onedrive Folders and files not deleting in File Explorer

Onedrive Folders and files not deleting in File Explorer: The one drive on my PC always showing uploading files around 205 MB in administrator account but it will stuck to uploading around 25 MB and then again starts from around 10 MB and will again go to around 25 or 27 MB and will continue doing this. There are files in the...
  9. Explorer hangs when opening OneDrive folder

Explorer hangs when opening OneDrive folder: Explorer hangs when opening OneDrive folder. If I start Windows (10) in safe mode then it will open the Onedrive folder fine, but fails to open the file successfully, the associated app will open but fail to load the file. I have done all of the basics such as sfc, dism and...
  10. Documents folder in Windows Explorer opens to Docs folder on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents folder in Windows Explorer opens to Docs folder on OneDrive: When I open Windows Explorer, in the left pane below "This PC", the Documents folder opens the Docs folder on OneDrive (just noticed my Pictures folder is mapped to OneDrive as well). Downloads, Music, and Videos do not...they open their respective folders in my user...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ONE DRIVE DOES NOT DISPLAY IN FILE EXPLORER

2. onedrive will not open in explorer

3. one drive in windows 10 not opening files

4. one drive will not open into file explorer,
  5. one drive folder wont open in file explorer,
  6. windows 10 onedrive folder not opening,
  7. one drive will not open in explorer,
  8. why want file explorer open files on one drive,
  9. open one drive in explorer not edge,
  10. open onedrive in explorer,
  11. file explorer cannot open onedrive folder,