Windows 10: OneDrive Folders

Discus and support OneDrive Folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have setup the OneDrive sync folder to my secondary D Drive but when I add folders from the D Drive it is essentially mirroring those folders and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steverido, May 3, 2019.

1. Steverido Win User

OneDrive Folders

I have setup the OneDrive sync folder to my secondary D Drive but when I add folders from the D Drive it is essentially mirroring those folders and doubling the space taken on that drive.

Am I missing something in my setup of the sync folders?

I want to mirror the D Drive in the cloud without doubling the folders.

Thanks.

:)

Steverido, May 3, 2019

2. onedrive duplicating my folders...

Hi.

Again, onedrive is going crazy and is duplicating my main folder, full of subfolders. It's locking me out of all my files. I have windows 10, Office 365 home. I paused synch at the moment before I have 1000 copy of my folder, which I can't open anyway!
    Please don't ask me any question that will further delay the repair. Simply give me a step by step solution and then improve onedrive so this won't happen again to so many of us. I suggest you also add "onedrive" in the list of "Windows Topics" below since
    thousands of users have issues with it.

Thanks

Michel

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Michel Chiangmai, May 3, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 3, 2019
  4. OneDrive Folders

Music Folder Behaving Badly in OneDrive

Hi Robert,

There is a possibility that the Music folder is synced to your OneDrive that is why any files deleted from either of the folders is synced to the other. For us to better assist you with the said folder, we'd like to ask for additional information:

• Can you please provide a screenshot of the Music folder from the OneDrive folder and home folder?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you were advised to do?
    We will wait for your quick response.

Jennifer Cha, May 3, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive Folders

1. OneDrive Folders - Similar Threads - OneDrive Folders

2. OneDrive Personal vs. OneDrive Business and "Special folders" in Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Personal vs. OneDrive Business and "Special folders" in Windows: Hi, I have two OneDrive accounts (not really sure why anymore, as I cancelled my personal Office365 in favour of Business Office265). So - my new PC now has two OneDrive icons on the taskbar, and the personal one with 5GB space is almost full. I am trying to get the content...
  3. We couldn’t find your OneDrive folder

in Windows 10 News
    We couldn’t find your OneDrive folder: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The most annoying issue is one which isn’t there, but you keep getting it. One such error is — We couldn’t find your OneDrive folder. The error message pops-up now and then, according to forum reports, and could appear after [...] This post We couldn’t find...
  4. Can't open some files in Onedrive folder (You don't have permission to open this file. See...

Can't open some files in Onedrive folder (You don't have permission to open this file. See...: Hello, today i've noticed that i don't have permission to open some files on my onedrive folder. When i try to open them i notepad it says: "You don't have permission to open this file. See the owner of this file or an administrator to obtain permission". When i make copy...
  5. Duplicate OneDrive folders in Explorer on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Duplicate OneDrive folders in Explorer on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]OneDrive is regarded as one of the leading cloud storage services. It is most used by the enterprise bundled along with the Office 365 subscription -although, there are many users who use it for their personal accounts as well. One [...] This post Duplicate...
  6. Onedrive Folders and files not deleting in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive Folders and files not deleting in File Explorer: The one drive on my PC always showing uploading files around 205 MB in administrator account but it will stuck to uploading around 25 MB and then again starts from around 10 MB and will again go to around 25 or 27 MB and will continue doing this. There are files in the...
  7. Synching folders on another partition to OneDrive

Synching folders on another partition to OneDrive: I'm trying to back up my music to OneDrive. Music folder is located on a separate partition to OneDrive Folder. I can't seem to be able to do it without physically copying the music folder to the partition where OneDrive resides. I made a link with mklink successfully and the...
  8. How to directly open a folder on my OneDrive via Windows 10 File Explorer Quick Access?

How to directly open a folder on my OneDrive via Windows 10 File Explorer Quick Access?: How to directly open a folder on my OneDrive via Windows 10 File Explorer Quick Access? I want to open folders which are on my OneDrive directly via the Quick Access list in Windows 10 File Explorer. To do this I add folders to Quick Access via the "Pin current folder to...
  9. OneDrive closes when I click on "modify (folder directory for OneDrive)" so I can't choose...

OneDrive closes when I click on "modify (folder directory for OneDrive)" so I can't choose...: Hello, OneDrive closes when I click on "modify (folder directory for OneDrive)" so I can't choose where I want OneDrive files to be put. See capture please [ATTACH] How can I change OneDrive directory? I am on Windows 10 1809 17763.437 Thanks for your help,...
  10. When I try to create a new folder or rename an existing folder on OneDrive, most of the...

When I try to create a new folder or rename an existing folder on OneDrive, most of the...: I am using Windows File Explorer, Windows 10 Pro on a Dell Latitude E5570. The screen flashes as I am typing the folder name and I may only get a few characters typed before it exits edit mode and shows my folder with a partially typed name. I have to try to rename many times...